Gloves - magefist
    Belt - arach
    Gloves - wartraveler
    Amulet - Mara
    Ring1 - rare ring 10% fcr
    Ring2 - wisp projector with 16% light absorb

+pala torch
    +1 pc skiller
    +20 life scs (x2/3... i don't remember ^^)
    It's a pretty common gear... i have 125 fcr (reaching the highest breakpoint), max resists and 11k damage.

Obviously, the only troubles are against burning souls and f**** dolls.
    Wisp projector makes me pretty resistant against souls, but still dolls hurt me, as it's not that easy to kill them staying far from them.

These are two possibilities that came in my mind:
    1 Dwarf star instead of wisp projector (for fire absorb)
    2 Ber instead of um in the shako (for physical reduction)

But i don't really know if this would be enough. I don't like the idea of getting my inventory full of life scs, but i want to reach lvl 99, and dying is not good at all :/

IncGamers Member

Re: Hammerdin vs Undead soul killer

Maxblock = win.
    Really, just hammer them and keep popping rejuv's. Hammerdins are like that only.
    Also if you really want ultimate safety from souls use TGods. Wisp projector is just bad.

IncGamers Member

Well, getting on a tgod would mean change arach and lose the last breakpoint in cast rate, do you think it would be worth?

Of course i have max block, but what hurts me is the corpse explosion when they die... i don't think that damage could be blocked...

IncGamers Member

Yeah, it can ( be blocked that is ), also it is reduced by fire resistance.
    The point about the tgods is not necessarily that you should use it, just that if you want to negate souls, t-gods is the way to do it, not some silly wisp projector.

IncGamers Member

Okokokok. I'm simply stupid. I forgot, after changing from zaka tu spirit, to set again max block. I was sure i did it, but instead i didn't.

Sorry for the loss of time, i suppose that's the real problem ^_^'

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Erfel View Post
    Obviously, the only troubles are against burning souls and f**** dolls.
    Wisp projector makes me pretty resistant against souls, but still dolls hurt me, as it's not that easy to kill them staying far from them.

These are two possibilities that came in my mind:
    1 Dwarf star instead of wisp projector (for fire absorb)
    2 Ber instead of um in the shako (for physical reduction)
    Bone Fetish death explosions are pure physical damage, so Dwarf Star's magic damage reduction and percentage Fire Absorb won't reduce their damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Erfel View Post
    Well, getting on a tgod would mean change arach and lose the last breakpoint in cast rate, do you think it would be worth?
    Lightning Resist 75% and (10-20)% Lightning Absorb can have the same effect as LR 80-85%. The lightning bolts of Unique Willowisps and their minions in level 85 areas of Hell apply 200-300 base lightning damage, increasing to 287.5-431.25 in an eight player Ladder or Single Player game: averaging 359.375, LR 75% reduces this to ~90 average, while LR 75% and (10-20)% LA can reduce it to ~54-72 average (~18-36 or 20-40% less).

While the combination of +10% Maximum Lightning Resist for LR 85% and LA +20 on Thundergod's Vigour Unique War Belt is more effective, if you're already reasonably comfortable with LR 75% with or without (10-20)% LA then it may not be worth the sacrifice (although you could equip the belt and still achieve 125 Faster Cast Rate by equipping a rare amulet and rare ring with 10 FCR each).

IncGamers Member NoisemakerArrow's Avatar

A Ber in the Harlequin would help, since the loss of the Um can be compensated for with 3 inventory spots.