Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Re: HC Monks!.. How are you guys doing?

I've just crafted 70 amulets @ 30M, have to through them in detail to see if there is an upgrade in there, no godly roll though yet :(

Edit: kornkills, can we switch amulets? :-) How many crafts did that one take?
    Last edited by Grishok; 25-04-2013 at 07:26.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Muggs's Avatar
    BattleTag Muggs-1534

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    I've just crafted 70 amulets @ 30M, have to through them in detail to see if there is an upgrade in there, no godly roll though yet :(

I would be at 30m too with chests if I didn't keep running out of mats LOL.

A few upgrades later and one special thanks to Korn for a new weapon I am up to 56kdps and 1,044,663 EHP.
    http://d3up.com/b/553671#gear

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Nice :-) Remember there a important factors which do not really show up in lot of EHP/DPS calcs:
    - Attack speed -> spirit regen, more LOH, more cyclonezzzz
    - LOH/LS/life regen/LoSS: you could use some more sustain I think.

I guess from this that you do not yet play MP5+?

This is my monk btw http://d3up.com/b/480969/view/slug/sengchou

Bit more EHP, same DPS, but lots more sustain and higher damage mitigation. I prefer EHP through mitigation, not through vit. Some just get a lot of vit and a lot of damage with life steal, which also works (only not in case of DC ;p)

BattleTag KornKills-1468

I have no idea how many ammies I have crafted, I would guess at least 100. I want a better one, with attack speed instead of the fire resist, maybe when 1.08 comes out and I dont have to spam the craft button!

Me and a buddy decided to see how fast we could do our normal runs, here is a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9CJF_dt_5g

also broke 500k ehp! go go life steal, keep me alive

BattleTag Muggs-1534

Nice :-) Remember there a important factors which do not really show up in lot of EHP/DPS calcs:
    - Attack speed -> spirit regen, more LOH, more cyclonezzzz
    - LOH/LS/life regen/LoSS: you could use some more sustain I think.
    Spirit regen would be nice but the build I am running I am rarely low on spirit. I would like it to run sweeping wind cyclone but I just love dropping bells everywhere and those crits are massive.

You forgot block % too in the mitigation as highly underrated. My defender has 23% to block which although not as good as my release barb who was at 35% it makes a big difference now when I play. I see dodge dodge, block, block, dodge roll across the screen constantly.

I am pulling nearly 3k LPS with fists of thunder so with my mitigation I am actually in a very good spot for sustain. And my dps is no where near where it needs to be to have LS out perform LOH. I just crafted a new chest with more resist (cold for my OWE) but lost a tad of HP but I am still rocking it with more everything else. I would like to have more AS but I have been unlucky with crafting trifecta gear and the ammies on the AH are out of the question.

I mentioned to Korn that I will be going the super tank build route till I am sitting on a billion gold then start pushing dps through the roof so if I die I won't feel bad about having to buy up another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornkills View Post
    Me and a buddy decided to see how fast we could do our normal runs, here is a video!

Sweet will watch it while I make breakfast.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Quote Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
    Spirit regen would be nice but the build I am running I am rarely low on spirit. I would like it to run sweeping wind cyclone but I just love dropping bells everywhere and those crits are massive.

You forgot block % too in the mitigation as highly underrated. My defender has 23% to block which although not as good as my release barb who was at 35% it makes a big difference now when I play. I see dodge dodge, block, block, dodge roll across the screen constantly.

I am pulling nearly 3k LPS with fists of thunder so with my mitigation I am actually in a very good spot for sustain. And my dps is no where near where it needs to be to have LS out perform LOH. I just crafted a new chest with more resist (cold for my OWE) but lost a tad of HP but I am still rocking it with more everything else. I would like to have more AS but I have been unlucky with crafting trifecta gear and the ammies on the AH are out of the question.
    I actually run a combination of SW (Master of Wind, so I don't have to recast) and Bells in farming MP2. For ubers I switch back to Blinding Flash and SW Cyclone though.

I get healing numbers of 3-4K which means 6K+ per second. I agree on the Life steal and LOH, but why not have it both like me :-)

Interesting note on the blocking, my shield (erm actually Jrsilva's old shield hehe) has awesome stats but only 12% block. As block does not work vs arcane, posion, molten and desecrator it is not really rated highly. But some elites really pack a punch in melee (bulls for example) and it does help out there. It isn't the most reliable of damage reduction though, just like dodge. Armor & resists work 100% of the time, with dodge and block you can get unlucky.

Let's get some competion going between the US and Europe hehe :-)

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Quote Originally Posted by Kornkills View Post

Nice :-) I clear the packs/elites at about the same speed but I cannot TR all the time like you, only short stints so that takes me a lot longer.

That's why I'm farming MP2 now, it's a better sweetspot for my build I think. Your build is awesome with the spirit regen and big bells, but I really have focussed on surviving DCs. With the few hrs I can play I'd really hate to start my monk all over, so maximum survival tactics in place!

BattleTag Muggs-1534

I agree on the Life steal and LOH, but why not have it both like me :-)
    Eventually! I played non stop from beta till about 1.0.4 then took a huge break from the game and came back 1.0.7 I have a lot of things I would love to do eventually.

Interesting note on the blocking, my shield (erm actually Jrsilva's old shield hehe) has awesome stats but only 12% block. As block does not work vs arcane, posion, molten and desecrator it is not really rated highly. But some elites really pack a punch in melee (bulls for example) and it does help out there. It isn't the most reliable of damage reduction though, just like dodge. Armor & resists work 100% of the time, with dodge and block you can get unlucky.
    The more you can mitigate with dodge and block it leaves more of your HP to use for those few things that don't allow you to block or dodge. Plus if you are going to run a shield why not make sure it offers all that it can and more.

Let's get some competion going between the US and Europe hehe :-)
    Except I don't play all that often so I feel you might be the defacto winner

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Quote Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
    Except I don't play all that often so I feel you might be the defacto winner
    That makes 2 of us :-) And kornkills has a bit of a suicide thing going on, so I think it will be a close contest

BattleTag KornKills-1468

What is this contest?