Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Re: HC Monks!.. How are you guys doing?

Understandably. Maybe it's nice to try another class, just for change?

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Of course not hah, I will not give up on monk until I reach pl100. But because of my current my budget I will be back to sweeping wind / ez mode to leech a bit. ^^ hopefully i can get 300mf at pl0

hope all your monks continue to keep doing well!

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

You really are a HARDCORE monk, we bow down to your monkness :-) GL with this one!

Edit: GNAH!#$!#$, I just sold a Nat's embrace for 637.000, I missed a zero when putting it up on the AH... Guess I made somebody happy though

BattleTag Stalkman-1754

I switched to the monk after losing my latest barb. I get wayyyy to cocky/bored with barb farming. I'm finding that for my playstyle, I'm actually a lot faster while feeling much safer with the Monk. Here I am:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/32599614

Yes I know I need a new neck, but the life feels too important. I'm having a hard time finding an efficient way to add mitigation other than a shield, any thoughts?

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Without shield is always less mitigation, only thing you can offset is to get more life steal or LOH on both weapons.

Your damage for dual wielding is quite low, you can definately get more attack speed and crit chance on your gear. Interesting that you prefer monk over barb, my first char was a barb (died @ 60[1]) and then I started this monk which is still going strong (touches wood).

My impression is that barbs are tougher (more life steal skills) than monks and are maybe the easiest class to play in HC. According to the # of chars I see in HC games:
    1. Barb
    2. Monk
    3. WD
    4. Wizard
    5. DH (where are they??)

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post
    I switched to the monk after losing my latest barb. I get wayyyy to cocky/bored with barb farming. I'm finding that for my playstyle, I'm actually a lot faster while feeling much safer with the Monk. Here I am:

Yes I know I need a new neck, but the life feels too important. I'm having a hard time finding an efficient way to add mitigation other than a shield, any thoughts?
    when I get bored of using a shield and my typical build, I like to run with Deadly Reach - Keen Eye as a second generator, and pick up combo strike. I'll dual wield and use guardian's path and backlash as well, but you might want to skip that part and just stack the armor bonuses from STI and Keen Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Delano View Post

You said it yourself, your amulet is very weak, and so are your pants. Focus on those two for your next upgrades.

I would also exchange Exalted Soul passive to One With Everything, and focus on one single res. Switching to OWE and focus on a single res should easily bring you up to 700 k EHP. (You are currently at 570 k EHP.)

Here your are, http://d3up.com/b/528100/withoutworks

I am doing just fine, but upgrades are starting to get too expensive now. Am lucky to find an upgrade below 5 million, which is my "soft" limit for an item. I have too many chars to gear to spend a fortune on one. :-P

Still this is capable of running Übers on MP5-7 depending on party. I mostly contribute with my Overwave flash for a constant 48% more damage taken (am at 42 k dmg).

http://d3up.com/b/112505/monk

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Ha you've got a very budget effective monk, my possible upgrades are going towards 50M each :-)

You've got a nice set of items, focussed mainly on defense. Two ideas for upgrades:
    - I think you can get a better weapon for 10-20M, with a socket for 80-90% crit damage and more LOH.
    - You miss damage affixes on your rings, only 1 out of 8 possibilities (avg dmg, ias, chc, chd and that times two rings). I really like ias for the damage AND spirit regen.

The better your chars are, the harder the choices and upgrades :-)

PS I'm trying hard to find an upgrade for my weapon, want to have mine if I succeed?

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Quote Originally Posted by Mn_Swe2 View Post
    I am doing just fine, but upgrades are starting to get too expensive now. Am lucky to find an upgrade below 5 million, which is my "soft" limit for an item. I have too many chars to gear to spend a fortune on one. :-P

Still this is capable of running Übers on MP5-7 depending on party. I mostly contribute with my Overwave flash for a constant 48% more damage taken (am at 42 k dmg).

http://d3up.com/b/112505/monk
    I would say your best chance for cheap upgrades are better bracers and amulet from crafting. Getting 7% crit chance + high dex on amulet would help out a lot, but chances are you would lose some EHP.

Same with bracers, rolling dex, if you can get 200+ dex and 4+ crit with some ehp also.

Basically you might have to dump some ehp to gain dps, try crafting dex amulet/bracers and then maybe shoulders.

gl