DiabloWiki Updates
Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
    BattleTag KornKills-1468

Re: HC Monks!.. How are you guys doing?

Screw them, just keep spinning! F the pubs

BattleTag Vegameister-2492

Quote Originally Posted by FireStormNZ View Post

I even picked up this amazing comment from a pub MP1 game last night when I was spinning around: "Hey barb, why don't you just follow the leader or maybe go play solo - so much faster for you". My thoughts exactly when I play any non WW barb character.
    My sentiments exactly each time a silly barb joins the game and spoils the perfectly geometrical destruction that my archon and his followers (aka the other players tagging along) is spreading around! Stupid barbs run around, aggro all the mobs and make them harder to hit in a nice bunch with my lazzzoooor!

In other words, good chouce on the monkee

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag FireStormNZ-1915

Had a few terrifying encounters levelling my new monk last night. Encounter 1 falls into the bracket of general user error. MP10 normal, went into the tavern where "the wounded are turning" (I know you know what i mean), I decided this would be a good idea to unequip my new (and only) hellfire ring to see the impact it has on lvl 2 DPS. Well I go from a healthy 2k HP to immediate red screen with about 120 HP with MP10 zombies walking right at me. I start swearing like crazy imagining the worst post ever in the hall of heroes and bolt for the door. Survival but only just, I think I would have been 1 shot by any of those guys. A quick trip to Brother Malachi and I was ready to face these deadly foes

Encounter #2 falls into the overconfident bucket. At lvl 16 with star rubies in helm and weapon I decided I had had enough of Crypt of the Ancient farming so I hitched a ride to A3. A1 MP10 had been a piece of cake so I cranked the A3 difficulty to MP10 as well. Did I mention I only had my helm, weapon and hellfire ring equipped with some random unsocketed blue loot I found while levelling? I thought I would start on ramparts and immediately ran into a pack of hell hounds with Waller. These guys hit like a tonne of bricks and the walls kept stopping me from running back to the entry point. I very nearly died up on ramparts and immediately went to the AH and picked up vit gear for all slots before cranking the MP down to a more manageable level for a lvl 16 champ... (MP2 lol).

Managed to hit lvl 26 before calling it quits for the day so pretty happy with progress so far (red screen incidents not included in that positive assessment!)
    Last edited by FireStormNZ; 10-09-2013 at 21:50. Reason: Spelling fail

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Still playing here! Not much up, made it to P60 today, almost procced NDE yesterday and just did 6 ubers runs to end up with 2 more useless hf rings

IncGamers Member

Everyone seems further along than I but I'm pretty happy with my monk thus far.

Console player here, ditched my lvl 50 SC Wizard for a HC Monk, currently lvl 37 in A1 NM

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag iMikee-2957

Quote Originally Posted by LeafyBugPK View Post
    Everyone seems further along than I but I'm pretty happy with my monk thus far.

Console player here, ditched my lvl 50 SC Wizard for a HC Monk, currently lvl 37 in A1 NM
    Great job! First console player I've met! I used to play Diablo on Playstation like 10 years ago! awesome

IncGamers Member

I'm trying to play cautiously in NM to prepare for Hell but it's hard to adjust when you obliterate everything. Also trying to pay more attention to Elite mob effects. Been rolling around mortars and meteors for practice... Would be nice if I found another legitimate self-found player on xbox to party with z.z...

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag unixtreme-2605

Still alive!! Planning to hit paragon 58-59 after work if I manage to get the time for it!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag najtan-2848

Got some new upgrades and going for paragon 70 within the weekend. See if upcoming exams will let me do this...

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Both nice monks! I will add you to my friends list so we can team up

I've gone to the dark side and switched to dual life steal awesomeness (at least I sincerely hope ). Played some A1 MP4 and A3 MP3 and it felt quite good, eager to try it out in earnest in high MPs, but this week my ping has been going crazy (as it has for a lot of other people it seems) so have been constrained to levelling a WD and some super safe MP1/2 play with my DH (dual stutter stepping, 1 by ping, 2 myself hehe).

PS Noone seems to be willing/able to trade a RS emerald for my RS ruby, so my monk is missing an easy 40% crit chance still.