Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Re: HC Monks!.. How are you guys doing?

Made my 2nd HF, slightly better than 1st but still crap :( Two slight item upgrades: found a better BT armor with more vit, fire res and high life regen. Changed my amulet with a crafted one (+2k DPS). Still looking to upgrade my weapon.

Also experimenting a bit with different skills in farming MP1/MP2 and key runs/ubers at MP5/6, one focussed one maximizing XP and other on erm staying alive

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Made it to PL60, 82 hours played. I am hoping I win this BT chest and BT belt, would lose like 500 hp and gain 7 or 8 k dps, and gain like 600 armor!

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

PL60 in 82 hours, I must be doing something very wrong!!!

Probably wasting my time talking too much ingame, browsing the AH, fool around with my EHP calculator and to top it all off: make nonsense posts on some obscure diablo forum ;-)

What's your exact farming route for max EXP? I've got a good farming build going on, now to make some use of it!

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Muggs's Avatar
    BattleTag Muggs-1534

Kornkills plays very no nonsense non stop. I did a few runs with him and I honestly could barely keep up and it is easy to see how he levels so quickly and I wish I had the determination to play like he does but I am more of a lolly gagger in game where I have my route but I am not super efficient about it. Where when running with him we were done in no time then rinse repeat and only picking up legendaries/sets (which I am too poor to do).

That being said I had major internet issues this weekend so I did not get to play any HC except trying to powerlevel some friends and started my SC monk. I am hoping it was just due to the storms that came through because I am jonesing to get back on my HC monk.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Got a new weapon, same DPS but faster (1.55 vs. 1.50 aps) and insane sustain (3% life steal AND 800 LOH). Made it possible to change my LOH ammy for one w/o LOH to up DPS to 68k.

Might still go back to LOH ammy on MP6+ to max sustain (3% life steal / 1700 LOH / 1.3K life regen). Long term goal is to maximize DPS to increase return on life steal but it will come in small steps I fear :-)

BattleTag KornKills-1468

That is a sick weapon Grishok! Nice gear also, didn't realize you could just click the battle tag to see gear.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Sick would be if it included crit damage ^^ But yes, for my tanking purposes it's kinda neat. Had to lend 30M to buy it, since I had only 20M in stash when I saw it. HAVE .. TO ... BUY ... NOW... Luckily Jrsilva was so kind to help me out with a short term loan.

Thx for the compliments on the gear, my HF ring is especially uber ;-) I'm following your progress closely as usual, you're already close to your previous one hehe.

I must admit, dumping bells is REALLY addictive. For farming I've added bells (empowered) and choose spirit saving rune variants of overawe and sweeping wind. I am actually tempted to go DW or Skorn but I keep reminding myself of possible DCs. I had a short chat with Deleuran, who had just killed ubers on MP10 hardcore (!) with his monk and died to a DC the day after (!) when farming with Skorn and SOJ...

BattleTag Dunc0wn-2466

Hey guys, my first HC character to hit 60 is my monk in A2 Inferno. Going along pretty safely at MP1 for now.

Character

Got super lucky and found that Shenlong's in Act1 Fields of Misery.. best buy has probably been the Cindercoat. Any tips on what to improve next?

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Nice monk Abelard, looking very good for Plvl 6! Very nice cinder coat :0

Good AR, armor and life. My tips would be:
    - some more dex
    - after that up damage, while maintaining your defensive stats (sounds easy huh).
    - craft gloves, shoulders, bracers and amulets, you can improve them all.

Why do you prefer WotHF over FoT?

BattleTag Dunc0wn-2466

Thanks for the comments, I'll see what I can do about getting some more dexterity.. I guess crafting is the way to go since everything on the AH is very pricey! I do like the hardcore economy though.

I am playing around with builds I suppose, I tend to use FoT on softcore with the spirit generation and spam bells but I was thinking WotHF works better for LoH from my weapon and getting that attack speed up. Is FoT just a superior skill do you think?