Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Just come back to D2

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Ladder resets are retarded, to me, it was the very thing that made me to switch to D2's SP.
    WP jumping made the game "feel" much smaller.
    Item system is directly comparable with D2X, with actually usable rares, for the most part. Besides, here I am comparing D3's patched version to D2 with an expansion and a decade of waiting for patches.
    (And this is by just looking at rares and legendaries, without even considering the usage of gems, gold, potions, stashes...)
    You are in the very minority here, especially in respect to ladder resets. If Blizzard would ignore you and listen to the vast majority of the player base - D3 might have survived :/

BattleTag nurman-2854

Quote Originally Posted by Karamo View Post
    You are in the very minority here, especially in respect to ladder resets. If Blizzard would ignore you and listen to the vast majority of the player base - D3 might have survived :/
    Maybe I am, but I do not have Blizzard's ear on this matter. I do not post on the official forums...

The thing I hated about the ladder resets and ladder in general was that you could only get all the items on the ladder and not on the non-ladder or SP (though SP got this 3rd party fixed with a bit with mods).

The "99 race" was pretty stupid too. The way I remember it, on 3-4 ladder resets the top 10 was composed of characters that had been there on the previous reset.

Don't get me wrong, D2 had alot of good in it too (mostly necromancers), but looking back at it after playing D3... it feels terribly aged.
    Last edited by nurman; 17-04-2013 at 14:49.

IncGamers Member

Installing a ladder should be such a low priority right now. The game itself needs to be fixed up first before they add on additional features. I'm not saying they shouldn't do a ladder, but not right now. Not when we need to address itemization issues, and hopefully add on a little more end game type areas. The people that are crying about iron born and wanting a ladder, you can just as easily just plays self found only, or create a new character every 6 months and viola you have created your own version of those two features. If Blizzard implements them latter, well then you get your wish, but in the meantime, you can still play the way you desire.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Don't get me wrong, D2 had alot of good in it too (mostly necromancers), but looking back at it after playing D3... it feels terribly aged.
    I played D3 for a month before getting bored, fed up and badly dissappointed. D3 is not even installed in my comp.

After coming and going from/to D2 for 12 years, I installed it again at Christmas and I have been playing for 3 months, it is STILL an interesting and addicting experience. I dont think I will continue playing D2 for much longer, but I am also pretty sure that I will install it again next year, or the next.

So, in my case I would say:
    ..looking back at it after playing D3... it feels.. surprisingly fresh and engaging
    Last edited by menk; 17-04-2013 at 22:58.

I wonder how much a D2 expansion would sell? Would be an interesting social experiment if nothing else. I'd buy it lol.

No one will truly appreciate D3 until D4 releases?
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    No one will truly appreciate D3 until D4 releases?
    Probably ever. D2 was just held in too high of a regard (that it deserved of course)...

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

So it was held in too high of a regard with respect to what?
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

BattleTag Flexy-2748

After multiple patches and an expansion, you tend to forget the horrors of v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfJacks View Post
    For years and years people used to do the same exact thing on the D2 forums, just as they do now on the D3 forums. Nothing has changed, except it's a different game that they're complaining about.
    What.

Actually, no. People did complain, but not at this scale. If nothing else, D2 retained more players than D3 ever did. At this point, a giant chunk of the players already gave up on D3.

Not saying D2 didn't have its problems, but D3's solutions aren't exactly ideal.

If D3 is a worthy predecessor, this forum would clearly have more traffic than this.