Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: *NEW!* The what are you eating thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
    I'm waiting for some perv to come in here and say... well, you can fill in the blank. XD
    NOT what this thread is for, TYVVM. I'll condone this one outbreak of Leo-ish behavior, just as I fully expect Stevinator to fill a wall of text with an attempt at fisking one of my posts...

But this is about what you're consuming as nutrient materiel. Really. That's why I'm not posting about Molson Canadian.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    The last Fritos I ever had were from a deli in Stanmore (North London) in, uh, about 1988.
    No, I have never had Frito Pie. Hell, I've practically never had Fritos at all, ever, it's been that long. FFS. Now I am angry.

Well, come to Tejas or give me an address so I can send you Fritos. Hopefully y'all have jalapenos, shredded cheese, and onions there. hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    NOT what this thread is for, TYVVM. I'll condone this one outbreak of Leo-ish behavior, just as I fully expect Stevinator to fill a wall of text with an attempt at fisking one of my posts...

But this is about what you're consuming as nutrient materiel. Really. That's why I'm not posting about Molson Canadian.
    Ofc! I was being a sicko and twisted words around... as usual.

Now, I hope you boys brought your olive oil because I'm about to post some sexy food pr0n pics!

Spoiler

Spoiler

BattleTag What Me Worry?

West Coast is the MOST

in Fritos!

I get these in the local markets.

The Ruffles with Tapatio and Limon are the BEST IMHO.

Meatball soup at lunch and fish and chips with mac and cheese and creamed spinach for dinner - it's a combo thing.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Oh wow, that pasta salad. I could totally consume that

*elbows Ms Leo out of the way*

OMG, what have I done?

... mmm ... so good ...

Back OnT: I didn't have anything nice yesterday :frown:

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

IMO, the best chips you can buy here are the Hungarian ones from Funny Frisch:

I prefer chips made of potato slices while Bob's seem to be some kind of fried, spiced potato-corn-whatever paste. That doesn't make mine any healthier, of course.

It may be OK from time to time to have a bit junk food in the evening, flushed down with a bottle of beer or two, but for saturation? OTOH, fries probably aren't much better than chips.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

Trying some of these for the first time:

Can't say I'm wild about them.

I remember some veggie "chips" that were the deep-fried expanding type, but I can't find them any longer. I know that the material was similar to those used in some Japanese snacks - the texture resembles hard foam, but very tasty.

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    [...]

I remember some veggie "chips" that were the deep-fried expanding type, but I can't find them any longer. I know that the material was similar to those used in some Japanese snacks - the texture resembles hard foam, but very tasty.
    That sounds like "prawn crackers" - that's what they call them here on the pissant rock.

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    That sounds like "prawn crackers" - that's what they call them here on the pissant rock.
    Very similar; thanks for reminding me of that particular delight. However, there wasn't a fishy smell, taste, or context with these.

I think there's also an Indian version - I recall hard, almost plastic-looking wafers that you tossed in the deep fryer (not to be confused with pappadums).

I can't imagine a food fisking. I'm sure it's happened, but I'll try to contain myself.

I had something similar to Leo this morning. Suddenly Salad Bacon Ranch flavor. The box by itself was boring so i through some olives and tuna and whatnot into it to make it a bit more interesting.

Not healthy though. instead of olive/vegetable oil like the old ones, this one uses mayo. I'm really going to try to do that stirfry. maybe late tonight.

As for chips, this is the best kind, but I try not to buy them because i will sit there and eat them until they are gone:
    http://www.munchiemarket.com/catalog...tato_Chips.gif

hmm, pic is too big to embed. they're lay's sour cream and onion.

Usually, if I want something crunchy, I'm reaching for Triscuits. Still pretty salty, but they make for great finger snacks. Of course, I put nothing helathy on them. It's all cheese and whatever meat i can find in the fridge.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    IMO, the best chips you can buy here are the Hungarian ones from Funny Frisch:

I prefer chips made of potato slices while Bob's seem to be some kind of fried, spiced potato-corn-whatever paste. That doesn't make mine any healthier, of course.

It may be OK from time to time to have a bit junk food in the evening, flushed down with a bottle of beer or two, but for saturation? OTOH, fries probably aren't much better than chips.
    Paprika is the Hungarian National Pepper, but is not even HOT!

I was in the Frito Mode though we got the chilie cheese Freeto's (Hi Freet!) too.

The Ruffles were potatoes, the Frito's are extruded Corn chips and the food all high tech civilization.

JMervyn
    did you mean Duritos?

Uncooked Wheels

Cooked Flat type

they taste like Cheetos without the cheese dust
    Last edited by BobCox2; 18-04-2013 at 02:56.