Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    IncGamers Site Pal InteNuIgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Up north
    BattleTag Majo666-2473
    Posts
    464

    Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    ...drop rate increases are something which could go a long way towards adding more enjoyment, regardless of how they're achieved.
    I have to agree with what some Blizz dev said in the Dev journal: Decrease the drop rates, but make the actual drops worthwhile. Right now we are drowning in trash items

  2. #12
    IncGamers Member HardRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,090

    Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    Have you tested it enough with the monster density to indicate whether drop rates are positively affected? Obviously, killing 3x the white mobs really does increase the drop rates a lot, which may be pretty cool and make me more excited.
    I didn't do extensive testing yet, I just ran through some of my favorite areas of Act 1, 2 and 4 to see how they were affected. I don't think drops were nerfed however, so the increased monster density should mean more drops over time. What I can definitely say is that gold drops are through the roof.

    As far as I could tell, density is greatly increased in Act 1 as a whole. Weeping Hollow and the Halls of Agony are crazy fun this way, you're literally fighting through almost endless waves of monsters.

    I think Act 2 wasn't buffed all around like that. I barely noticed a difference, if any in the Sewers of Caldeum, Desolate Sands and the Black Canyon Mines. The contrast between the outdoor areas of Act 1 and the Desolate Sands is very noticeable. The Vault of the Assassin also seems unchanged, not that it needed any buffs. The Archives of Zoltun Kulle however did seem much more crowded.

    Act 4, just like Act 1 received a comprehensive buff, but not to the extent of Act 1, which is good, because it would have been absolutely brutal that way. I'm still not sure it will be a good place to farm, just because of how dangerous some of the monsters can be in larger groups. I think the monsters in Act 4 should have received an XP buff, not a density increase.

    Overall, I think Act 1 will be a strong contender for runs if things don't change, but like I said, I didn't do extensive tests yet. More testing will be needed to figure out the best farming routes. I'm not sure I will care however, I'm having way too much fun in Act 1 to care about optimal routes at the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by InteNuIgen View Post
    I have to agree with what some Blizz dev said in the Dev journal: Decrease the drop rates, but make the actual drops worthwhile. Right now we are drowning in trash items
    Yeah, I really like Blizzard's plan to make Rares more... rare and better in general. Legendaries should also be tweaked across the board. Their problem is that they can spawn with wide affix ranges, which means that when you finally find one, it will most likely be worse than your Rares, even if your Rares are crap in the grand scheme of things, like mines are.

  3. #13
    IncGamers Member Apendecto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    181

    Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

    Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
    Testing density. They need to know if they got the numbers right in each act and whether there needs to be more or less. Also, the PTR is up as of last night. Has anyone done any testing?
    Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    My posts from the comment section of the relevant news article:
    The point is that same as for having a beta test for the game itself: thousands of players will find more bugs than even the best dev team could and this way you can voice your opinion on changes before they go live. I wish more big game companies would do patch releases like this.
    I'm with you guys. The densities probably need tweaking. I was just being a smart-*** by suggesting the devs should just hotfix the changes in there.

  4. #14
    IncGamers Member HardRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,090

    Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

    As it turns out, Act 2 is much improved as well in terms of enemy density, but they are more spread out in large chunks, at least compared to the Weeping Hollow in Act 1, which is currently just a sea of zombies.

    They may very well tone down the density in WH eventually, because there are so much zombies currently that if you enable item labels to show automatically sometimes you can barely click anywhere without picking up some trash. It's kinda aggravating, but still crazy fun to thrash the whole place.

  5. #15
    IncGamers Site Pal InteNuIgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Up north
    BattleTag Majo666-2473
    Posts
    464

    Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

    Downloaded the PTR client and copied my characters. Ran through Weeping Hollow, Field of Misery and Festering woods.
    Did not see any density changes at all and was very confused.

    Then i saw in the patch notes that you had to do inferno in at least MP1, so i changed to that.

    ....aaaaand... JESUS JETFUEL CHRIST!

    I had troubles before with keeping Archon up, that problem just disappeared! WH was flooded with mobs, as was FoM.
    It was really fun, since i like WH, FoM, FW etc in act 1, and i am really, REALLY, fed up with act 3 runs.

    The increase seems to be white mobs though, not packs. But my archon doesn't mind, a kill is a kill

  6. #16
    IncGamers Member HardRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    4,090

    Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

    Yep, the number of Elite groups wasn't increased from what I've seen either.

  7. #17

    Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

    Did the devs ever give a reason why they thought they should exclude Inferno mp0 from the monster density change? It would be really helpful for the self found folks who can't jump up to mp1 right away.

  8. #18
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,228

    Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

    Quote Originally Posted by slyraje View Post
    Did the devs ever give a reason why they thought they should exclude Inferno mp0 from the monster density change? It would be really helpful for the self found folks who can't jump up to mp1 right away.
    Seems kind of like a weird corner case of a thing -- I think A1 is easy enough in terms of mobs that you can get to MP1 right away as soon as you clear Hell Diablo. While the jump from lvl60 mobs to lvl63 mobs might be tough at first, very few of the mobs in A1 are very problematic for any class because they're easily kitable/etc. So I don't think this is really something to worry about -- if you have been able to clear Hell Diablo, you should easily be able to do most of A1 MP1 without dying. Tough scavenger elites may give you problems, but other than that, you should be golden.

  9. #19

    Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    Seems kind of like a weird corner case of a thing -- I think A1 is easy enough in terms of mobs that you can get to MP1 right away as soon as you clear Hell Diablo. While the jump from lvl60 mobs to lvl63 mobs might be tough at first, very few of the mobs in A1 are very problematic for any class because they're easily kitable/etc. So I don't think this is really something to worry about -- if you have been able to clear Hell Diablo, you should easily be able to do most of A1 MP1 without dying. Tough scavenger elites may give you problems, but other than that, you should be golden.
    I should've mentioned I had the HC crowd in mind... I know when I first tried mp1 in act 1 I did not feel safe at all. I felt better in act 3 mp0. It would just lead to farming act 3 mp0 until you could do mp1 comfortably, which could take some time depending on how lucky you are with crafting/drops.

  10. #20
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,228

    Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

    Quote Originally Posted by slyraje View Post
    I should've mentioned I had the HC crowd in mind... I know when I first tried mp1 in act 1 I did not feel safe at all. I felt better in act 3 mp0. It would just lead to farming act 3 mp0 until you could do mp1 comfortably, which could take some time depending on how lucky you are with crafting/drops.
    In that case -- cheers. I can definitely see how it's a hole for HC.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •