Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425...notes-4-8-2013

The Wizard teleport is finally as good as Barb's Leap!

Starting to wonder when is the big class rebalance. Seems like the one patch thing they wanted to do back in the summer and did very little overall work on, just some basic number adjustments.

Most of other major complaints at least got a nebulous "we are discussing it."

IncGamers Member

Re: PBE Patch Notes for 1.0.8

CRAFTING
    Players can now craft multiple items and gems at a time within the same tier, so long as they possess the necessary materials
    Players can now craft items using materials located in the shared stash

YEA !

MONSTERS
    Players should now encounter more monsters in Acts I, II, and IV in Inferno difficulty when playing at Monster Power 1 or greater

YEA !

BUG FIXES
    Male barbarians no longer run faster than the other heroes while feared.

ok, this is my major gripe with D3
    they could keep everything else the same if they would make this one change

Barbarians should be IMMUNE to FEAR

everytime I play a barb and he turns cowardly and runs away it just ...
    ARGH ! ! !

you're a freaking Barbarian. You're supposed to CHARGE into battles that others fear
    not run away

Quote Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9425...notes-4-8-2013

The Wizard teleport is finally as good as Barb's Leap!

Starting to wonder when is the big class rebalance. Seems like the one patch thing they wanted to do back in the summer and did very little overall work on, just some basic number adjustments.

Most of other major complaints at least got a nebulous "we are discussing it."
    These patch notes are what I was expecting. My favourite change is the monster densities. Can't wait to get back to playing other acts and not feeling as punished for it. There are a few little nice conveniences as well in the notes as well such as idendity all, crafting changes etc.

However in my head this just feels like another hurdle we've leapt over getting towards the big itemisation patch, which for me could turn the game into the fun, REWARDING loot hunting game that I hoped for.

The major balance patch you mention I think probably was in there plans 4-6 months after release, but then it turned out they needed to attend to other broken aspects of the game ahead of class balance.

Game changing items, class balance allowing great build variation and a rewarding item hunt are the three things that I expected from the game at launch. We are nearly a year on from that now and we are closing in on maybe 1, potentially 2 (depending on if they alter drop rates with the itemisation patch) of those goals.

I still have an inkling of faith they will get there. Better late than never!

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Quote Originally Posted by jamesL View Post
    Players can now craft multiple items and gems at a time within the same tier, so long as they possess the necessary materials
    This is good news. I spent some time yesterday combining better topazez from 300 flawless square ones... click click click click click click click click gaaaaah

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by jamesL View Post
    you're a freaking Barbarian. You're supposed to CHARGE into battles that others fear
    not run away
    haha! spot on!

IncGamers Member

Meh, this is a pretty lame planned patch, for me, anyway. Absolutely no new "content" or anything that could be construed as content. The monster density improvement kind of qualifies, but I was running other acts anyway.

Kind of a bummer since I'm getting disinterested in D3 after playing for 11 months and getting to that point where, even though I'm self-found, I can go an entire run without an upgrade or even a sidegrade/marginal downgrade. And with drop rates continuing to be not be a source of joy in and of themselves, I was really hoping for a new "something" to give me some added incentive.

What's the point of the test ream on this patch? I know I sound like a broken record when I say this, but it feels like we are in beta.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Quote Originally Posted by Apendecto View Post
    What's the point of the test ream on this patch? I know I sound like a broken record when I say this, but it feels like we are in beta.
    Testing density. They need to know if they got the numbers right in each act and whether there needs to be more or less. Also, the PTR is up as of last night. Has anyone done any testing?

My posts from the comment section of the relevant news article:

Two important things they left out of the patch notes:

- You can disable the Rare salvage confirmation dialog from the options.
    - The experience bonus from Nephalem Valor now stacks multiplicatively with other XP bonuses, just like the new bonus you get when playing with others. One guy on the PTR had about 1200% bonus XP because of this. This is not a bug, Lylirra confirmed that this is an intentional change here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569328225#3

Also, the monster density changes are simply amazing. I encourage everyone to get on the PTR and have a run through the Weeping Hollow, which should now be renamed to Zombie Breeding Grounds. This combined with the many new quality of life improvements made the game fun again for me.

I haven't done any extensive testing yet, but Act 1 is swarming with monsters now. I've heard good things about Act 2 as well in the general chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan E View Post
    Meh, this is a pretty lame planned patch, for me, anyway.
    That was what I thought at first too when I saw the patch notes. I changed my mind after trying things out on the PTR though and this may become my favorite patch since launch. While it indeed didn't change any important game systems (except maybe social, depending on what you deem important) it made the game much less tedious (no more Rare salvage confirmation, ID all, craft materials used from stash, etc.) and more fun (they looked at the monster density and then doubled it, at least). More content will most likely come in the expansion (no surprises there, Bashiok said this would most likely be the case before launch) and we'll get another round of itemization (and hopefully balance) changes probably in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Apendecto View Post
    The point is that same as for having a beta test for the game itself: thousands of players will find more bugs than even the best dev team could and this way you can voice your opinion on changes before they go live. I wish more big game companies would do patch releases like this.
    Last edited by HardRock; 09-04-2013 at 18:18.

IncGamers Member

HardRock:

Good to hear that you're enjoying it. Have you tested it enough with the monster density to indicate whether drop rates are positively affected? Obviously, killing 3x the white mobs really does increase the drop rates a lot, which may be pretty cool and make me more excited. Not really a fan of pushing bars to the right (Paragon), but drop rate increases are something which could go a long way towards adding more enjoyment, regardless of how they're achieved.