Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Re: The Hole - Mini Mafia game

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    If he is scum, I am kind of feeling a "bravo" tip of the hate moment to get the 2nd vote in on CDM.
    I saw that second vote as a "I know my partner is going down, so I better jump aboard to bus him quick". He did the exact same thing when I first suggested we lynch CDM. CDM then shows up, throws out a weak, token defense, and Drixx moves back to BPC. All in the span of less than three hours. You weren't very committed to that CDM vote on day 2, were you Drixx? Just wanted it there in case your partner did go down, you had that little bit of town cred?

Quote Originally Posted by Drixx View Post
    The question I'm asking myself is: which is the most likely play for the scum team yesterday? Is it Bad Ash helping a scum partner try and put the lynch on me instead of his partner? Or is it maybe Caluin Graye who has done an awful lot of "observing" but very little following up on observations. Several times CG questioned me but didn't vote for me. Why the sudden change in play style to lock someone who ends up flipping scum? Bus play?
    I observe a lot. That's how I notice scum slips. I try not to act rashly. That's lost me games in the past, and I've learned from that mistake (see: Half-Life). I like how you mention that my vote was not on you. I said all day long that you were not my most desired lynch: CDM was. Why would I vote for a person when I wanted someone else lynched? That's just ludicrous.

What I do know is that Caluin Graye has been online checking his control panel, looking at this thread and reading his PM's all since day start, and has yet to say anything. With his previous playstyle in this game, the sudden change in that style to lock CDM and now the obvious watching and waiting before coming into the discussion, CG seems the most likely scum to me.
    This is your argument?

I check the boards from my phone quite a bit. I get bored while waiting around for various things, but I hate posting from the phone. The iPhone keyboard is just trash and organizing quote is horrible. I did it last game and it was an exercise in frustration. So I like to read the thread, think about what people said, and then later post with my thoughts when I'm home at my computer.

Instead of profile scumming, why don't you try to do some actual scum hunting? For instance, let's look for the person who suggested we lynch TC should he survive the night. Let's look at the person who put forth many arguments that TC was falsely claiming cop. Let's look at the person who proposed a convoluted plan of action that was sure to backfire, and then backed out of it when his scum partner conveniently called him out on it.

Oh, wait. You don't want to scum hunt yourself. That's right.

One last thing. I find it humorous that you've placed your vote five hours into the start of the day. It feels like you're desperately attempting to start a train and get a quick lock in before any valid discussion can take place.

I'm going to look over kestegs and Bad Ash's posts to see if I can find any scum slips they made. Maybe I'll find something, but it's doubtful. I think it's been you all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin Graye View Post
    Instead of profile scumming, why don't you try to do some actual scum hunting? For instance, let's look for the person who suggested we lynch TC should he survive the night. Let's look at the person who put forth many arguments that TC was falsely claiming cop. Let's look at the person who proposed a convoluted plan of action that was sure to backfire, and then backed out of it when his scum partner conveniently called him out on it.

Oh, wait. You don't want to scum hunt yourself. That's right.

One last thing. I find it humorous that you've placed your vote five hours into the start of the day. It feels like you're desperately attempting to start a train and get a quick lock in before any valid discussion can take place.

I'm going to look over kestegs and Bad Ash's posts to see if I can find any scum slips they made. Maybe I'll find something, but it's doubtful. I think it's been you all along.
    Desperate post because I nailed you dead to rights?

I apologize for what is being referred to as "profile scumming". I was looking to see if you had been on yet and you kept being on but not interacting with the game, and yeah that made me suspicious. I didn't realize it was a faux paus to track someone in that way. I'll avoid saying that sort of thing in the future.

As for the main thrust of your post, occam's razor should suffice to show you incorrect. When I made the convoluted post with a highly improbable plan in it, there wasn't any real heat on me or on CDM. When CDM took the bait I jumped all over him. You're suggesting that with no heat on CDM or myself, he and I decided that we would bus him to try and make ME look townie? Everyone in the game has said they got a scum vibe off me at one point or another this game. If I were on the scum team with CDM, a much better plan would have been to have him bus me, not the other way around.

Your whole supposition that my play and cdm's play yesterday was a super elaborate setup to try and get me townie cred just seems ludicrous, and quite frankly screams OMGUS.

As far as posting a vote early, there's nothing dubious about it at this point. There are 5 people left in the game. You're not likely to vote for yourself and so it takes 75% of the other players in the game to lynch you. Unless 2 of the other 3 people that are not you and are still alive agree with me that you are a good option, you're fairly safe with just my vote on you.

Your response though ... that's more valuable than gold in the end game... and you responded by suggesting something way overly complicated went on yesterday to try and point the finger at me. Aren't you generally one who argues against buying into such convolution?
    Drixx's HC Sept Progress

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

"Titty Sprinkles" ~ Morgan Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarChemist View Post
    "Titty Sprinkles" ~ Morgan Freeman
    I prefer the Morgan Freeman "Duke Nukem" youtube clip ... but I digress. As the only confirmed townie, your say kind of carries a lot of weight BPC.
    Drixx's HC Sept Progress

IncGamers Site Pal BipolarChemist's Avatar

I prefer the Morgan Freeman "Duke Nukem" youtube clip ... but I digress. As the only confirmed townie, your say kind of carries a lot of weight BPC.
    Well gosssh hun, if I didn't know any better I'd say you were hittin on me. I love the attention, I must say. I have an exam in the morning so I shall give a full thought on the whole matter after it, so in about 8-10 hours!

Also, after the fake AMA I think I'm supposed to hate Morgan Freeman now, but I'm not sure about anything anymore.

I was waiting for CG to respond again because his first post didn't come off so well. Its been awhile though... CG anything else to add or do you want us to go off of what you've already said?

I apologize for what is being referred to as "profile scumming". I was looking to see if you had been on yet and you kept being on but not interacting with the game, and yeah that made me suspicious. I didn't realize it was a faux paus to track someone in that way. I'll avoid saying that sort of thing in the future.
    Apologize all you like. The fact remains that you resorted to a dirty tactic in order to generate any kind of perceived 'evidence' against me.

As for the main thrust of your post, occam's razor should suffice to show you incorrect. When I made the convoluted post with a highly improbable plan in it, there wasn't any real heat on me or on CDM. When CDM took the bait I jumped all over him. You're suggesting that with no heat on CDM or myself, he and I decided that we would bus him to try and make ME look townie? Everyone in the game has said they got a scum vibe off me at one point or another this game. If I were on the scum team with CDM, a much better plan would have been to have him bus me, not the other way around.
    I'm not suggesting you had a plan. I'm suggesting that you know how important bussing is and wanted to make sure you were always seen as voting for your scum partner. You're trying to eat up as much town cred as possible.

Your whole supposition that my play and cdm's play yesterday was a super elaborate setup to try and get me townie cred just seems ludicrous, and quite frankly screams OMGUS.
    You keep using the term OMGUS. Is that your best defense? When you've voted practically every single person in the game at least once, you don't get to use that term anymore.

Here's the thing about you, Drixx. Even if you are indeed town, which I don't think you are, here's the reason I think you're scum. You're only interested in what's happening in the moment, rather than what's happened in the course of the entire game.

When the BPC train was forming on Day one? You were there.

When the Goryani train swung around Day one? You were there too. (Actually, you had hopped off long enough to go onto BPC, but came back around to Goryani eventually)

On Day two, still on Goryani, but only after Bad Ash starts the train.

Also Day two, quick jump to CDM, but hop off to visit BPC again.

Day three, another train on BPC, but once you see the train starting on CDM, you play follow the town. (Question: If you were so sure CDM was scum, then why were you constantly voting for the person he's been trying to lynch all game long?)

Today, you waited until both Bad Ash and kestegs posted before attacking me. You wanted to see how their motives lay before pushing your agenda.

Your vote history and you actions are those of a person who's more interested in staying in the good graces of the town than someone trying to hunt scum. You're more interested in keeping your town image than finding the scum players.

Also, there was really nothing worth making a case out of in Bad Ash or kesteg's post history. Maybe it's Drixx's scumminess tainting my point of view.

Vote: Drixx

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    I was waiting for CG to respond again because his first post didn't come off so well. Its been awhile though... CG anything else to add or do you want us to go off of what you've already said?
    I have a busy day at work today, and then time at the circus with the g/f afterwards. I'll be around as I can, and probably will keep up on current events, but don't expect any long drawn out posts from me. You know, just in case you see me online but I don't have time to actually post anything.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Cg: if drixx flips town who do you lunch tomorrow?

Drixx: if cg flips town who do you lynch tomorrow?

Obviously we can assume bpc is killed tonight if we don't lynch the scum.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Guess I have lunch on the brain since I'm eating it.