Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ladder reset?

IncGamers Member

Re: Ladder reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    Dang, I ride to work everyday by bicycle and back (10km up and 10back), and go shopping and all (up to 20km, in any weather I might add), and people call me crazy, but I feel like a n00b when I see numbers like 1400 km...
    Hey, it'll take three weeks man (maybe less with the new bike; I haven't even tested it yet). Yours is actually much more practice than I do, being unemployed with no mandatory visits to anywhere (well, I could bike to my parents' home when I visit, but the road is very bad and once I've seen a route, I'd rather find new ones). I only do one big trip per Summer, as it gets costly with the food and lodging. I plan on staying in a tent almost all nights on my new trip. I bought a tent online that raises itself in 2 seconds; while trying it in my apartment was perhaps not the best of ideas, it does work as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnmaster View Post
    EDIT: sofar I haven't regretted any moment I spent on D2, if anything, I wish I could've spend more time with nice people (my flist seems to be offline quiet a lot these days...)
    Well, I guess the main thing might be that it doesn't really teach or give you anything that could be useful 'irl'. Biking makes you fit and gives stories to tell at least. And I feel much better after biking all day than playing D2 all day. But the worst vice is having none, and we're all worm food in the long run, so it's ok in the end. (Srsly, who made that smiley? I'm tempted to use the r-word that's so beloved on the internet...)

@Archone: Man that's a crazy program! :O 400 km a week every week - when I made 550* km on my week-long trip last Summer. Granted that I could've gone on if not for lack of money, and my bike was really not the best at the time.

(* What's 50 km here or there? Exaggeration, one of the vital human skills since the Neolithic. )

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    Actually, I did about 42km/day traveling between home and my last job. Only during the season though. (April-Oktober)
    And that was just the way back and forth to my job!
    I also had at least 2hours of training, 5 Days a week. And a 3-4 hours terrain training every Saturday aswell.

I think I made about 400km/week at that time.

Nowadays, family, dogs, and another job makes it impossible to exercise that much! (Resulting in an additional 10kilos of weight..)
    Nice, very nice, I did drive 42km to see a girl once when I was younger, my parents ware mad as hell for not telling them ^^

I plan to train with my future kid, so I'll stay in shape once I enter my lazier days, and he/she will get a headstart on his/her classmates, I've tried to train our current dog, but she doesn't like running while on the leash (a friend suggested using a bodyarmor leash rather than the traditional one?)

But I've always rided a bike, there was a 4 year "hole" when I bought my first car, and I've gained 25kilos of weight ever since, which I can't seem to get rid of (in my defence, I weighted only 50ish kg, now I'm at 75ish, and I'm 1.82 tall ;-) )

Quote Originally Posted by Greizer View Post
    (* What's 50 km here or there? Exaggeration, one of the vital human skills since the Neolithic. )
    Belgium's only 200-300ish km wide, you could cross it by bike in a single day, so to me, 50km is a nice distance

You have a dog? What race?

Some races are more suitable for that kind of exercise. My Flatcoated Retriever is very much suitable for that. But wears down his paws on asphalt, so 10-15km /week is max imo.

You have a dog? What race?

Some races are more suitable for that kind of exercise. My Flatcoated Retriever is very much suitable for that. But wears down his paws on asphalt, so 10-15km /week is max imo.
    Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
    Her name is Mieke
    Picture can be found here: http://redflux.123website.be/

EDIT: she should be able to cover the distance no problem, but she's spooked very fast, one of her previous owners heavily abused/tortured her, so even a subconscious slight pull on the leash sends her screaming around, and she's very afraid when I pull out a broomstick or shovel, but we're taking good care of her

Ive met many Tolling's! They are very spooky of themselves, but are overall very nice family dogs!

Ive met many Tolling's! They are very spooky of themselves, but are overall very nice family dogs!
    Did not know they were spooky in nature.
    But did know they are very nice dogs, she just needs a lot of attention, she's very jealous, sweet, she can be very relaxing/lazy, and extremely playfull/jumparound.

On overall, a wonderfull dog, the best I've gotten sofar! (although I must admit that I'm also a heavy fan of our cats)

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

Its far more dangerous and takes longer to find the entrance to Durance of Hate lvl 3, in Hell. And getting through hell takes alot longer than NM.
    And since Im aiming for a pure Cold build.. Ill have problems there!

But its actually alot of fun doing NM Meph, he can drop the items that I want the most. (Goldwrap, Chanceguards, Tarnhelm, Oculus etc..)
    If you exploit the moat trick well enough, you have to neither fight nor kite away anything but Meph in 3 of 4 cases, so you can enter the place with a cold sorc rather safely (bloodlords are cold-immune), even with crappy fire res (hydras from councils). With the Rising Sun amulet, you can also fight the Council if they are across the moat, no matter how crappy your fire res is, making it a 9 in 10 success chance.

Regarding getting to there, a Spirit sword adds all fhr you probably need and enough fcr to to reach the 68% breakpoint with some other gear while still having lots of MF. BTW, Durance 2 isn't smaller in nightmare than in hell, it's just smaller in normal mode.

Anyway, it's still a good idea to farm nm Meph for a while because he drops 80% of the stuff you want to have on a cost-efficient and speedy MF sorc and many other characters. That would be Tal's set, 35% Spirit monarch (no less, to reach the 105% fcr breakpoint), Magefists, WT and 2 Nagelrings, as well as Rhyme+Ali Baba on the switch. NM Meph can drop all of that except Tal's armor and the monarch for Spirit... well OK, and a 2 socket shield, but you can shop for one in normal mode.

Of course, if you are a bit behind the others when starting to play, it's better to collect gems and crafting runes to buy the bread and butter items.
    D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

For me, the problem isnt as much for my own char, but as for my merc. He dies every time doing Meph, so I prefer to mf without him.