Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

View Poll Results: Should there be a "Self Found Option" in Diablo 3?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, that would be cool!

38 82.61%
  • No, certainly not

4 8.70%
  • I'm not sure

4 8.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should Diablo 3 have a "Self-Found" Option?!

I heard that many players quit the game, because it is too easy to get improved gear via the AH. So I was wondering if it would be cool to have something like a "Self Found Option" in the character creation menu that you can activate (like when you get asked if you want to play hardcore) that causes this character to not have access to the AH, gets an own stash & no access to the shared stash & also can only interact with characters that also have chosen the "Self Found Option".What do you think?

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Re: Should Diablo 3 have a "Self-Found" Option?!

Good idea. Should have resetted artisans as well.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

I mean, you can technically already do this just by putting the restriction on yourself. I suppose putting a little checkmark box there to delineate that that's what that character is for doesn't hurt anything, but unless checking that box changes the droprates, I don't see why it matters whether Blizzard implements it or you implement it yourself.

Do note though that I voted in favor of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
    I don't see why it matters whether Blizzard implements it or you implement it yourself.
    The first option requires development time, the second doesn't. As you've said, players can already restrict themselves and also able to play with friends this way.

This is problematic in public games, where you can't trust people to play only with self-found people at the moment. Right now I think the easiest solution for Blizzard would be to flag characters as self-found while they don't use the AH (add an icon/text that shows a character's status and a confirmation for the first AH purchase) and then implement a self-found filter for public games. Patch 1.0.8 will have filters for public games anyway, this shouldn't be too hard to do. It still requires some dev time, so the question is whether they deem the number of people who want to play this way high enough to warrant the implemention of such a feature.
    Last edited by HardRock; 09-04-2013 at 20:28.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

I work as a developer and i say that the effort here should be minimal. I mean come on, add a checkbox at char creation, similar to that hardcore checkbox? Restrict these players from entering AH? Filter for public games? Then done. All in a day's work, i say.

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Quote Originally Posted by InteNuIgen View Post
    I work as a developer and i say that the effort here should be minimal. I mean come on, add a checkbox at char creation, similar to that hardcore checkbox? Restrict these players from entering AH? Filter for public games? Then done. All in a day's work, i say.
    Submit your resume to blizzard and get it done!

I voted yes, but I am already playing using only self-found items.

I paly solo exclusively so there is no need to worry about teaming up with someone who uses the AH.
    Finding a Skorn last night had me grinning like an idiot all day long

so I played on the PTR for a couple of hours, researching the monster density and exp gain changes. And wrote an article about that, and worked on other stuff, and had dinner, and then just a bit ago, with the hour I had left before bed, I figured I'd get on the *real* server and play my new HC Monk a bit. But not really play so much as try to obtain improved equipment, since I'm up to about 20m in HC gold and recently decided to switch my OWE from fire to arcane, and I have a good Inna's hat and Unity ring with Arcane, but need to improve, or at least move vertically, all my other gear, in terms of DPS, stats, and changed res.

And at the log in screen there was some message about the AH being down... I paused, halfway through typing in my password, thought it over for a second, and then hit Esc and did other things. Including this forum post.

Because without the GAH, there's really no reason to even considering attempting to play HC.
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

IncGamers Member

Sure, would be nice. But a self-found mode requires the game is build around it. As in droprates that are balanced around self-found. Otherwise it would be nearly pointless.

Yeah, self found is the bomb, I love that mode of play. But ShadoutMapes is completely correct, the game must be deep enough to allow this to actually be feasible.

I loved starting over in D2, working on my hardcore spearazons, tweaking my resists, doing countess runs, gambling, finding socketable items, etc, etc.

But I digress.