Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

Tree of Infuss in Fields of Misery

I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere before and just came across it. I suppose this is an easter egg of D2 in D3. Kinda like an old homage here and there. Nothing happens by it, no big yeti's guarding it.

Here's a google image of the original:

Last edited by Genocides; 08-04-2013 at 14:08.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Re: Tree of Infuss in Fields of Misery

I never played D2, but i have noticed this tree several times and thought it was a bit strange that nothing happens there.
    It looks different and kind of out of place

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Even if nothing happens there it is still a cool tree. There should be yeti's guarding it, though. THAT would be cool.
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

Thanks for sharing, I have played over 400 hours and I didn't even know it existed until now.

Never noticed it either in my many hours of playing. Thanks for pointing it out!

Treehead Woodfist and his gang of turbo yetis chasing my low level characters around the tree like a Benny Hill sketch - priceless.

BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

Quote Originally Posted by fsj View Post
    Never noticed it either in my many hours of playing. Thanks for pointing it out!

Treehead Woodfist and his gang of turbo yetis chasing my low level characters around the tree like a Benny Hill sketch - priceless.
    I've been there numerous times myself trying to get the scroll and get out lol. D3 needs more random events.(without having big text boxes in front of the screen)

D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

The Butcher appears in a vision to our Hero: "If you click that tree I will be veeerrryyy aaannngggrrryyy!!!!! You'll never defeat me!!!"
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

Quote Originally Posted by Dacar92 View Post
    The Butcher appears in a vision to our Hero: "If you click that tree I will be veeerrryyy aaannngggrrryyy!!!!! You'll never defeat me!!!"
    ROFL, you lit some fires to instill bravery?! congrats , I'll still win. you setup some catapults congrats, I'll still win, you destroyed my stinky? congrats, I'll still win. You killed my catapults? congrats, I still win. My playthings?!? I'm so lusty I will pop down twice for each new area and put a big text box in front of you just to make you want to 'puncture' me more when you get down and kill me while I run to the opposite side of the screen at super speed and go hide on the ceiling.

D3 Demon Hunter Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

Quote Originally Posted by fsj View Post
    I really was convinced I was the only nut who hummed the Benny Hill tune when that happened.

Good old Benny Hill theme. You can take any video you want, play it at accelerated speed and edit in that tune, and the video becomes funny. It really works every single time.

- Snow
    When people tell me "plz" just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'.
    And the Lord said unto Carl: 'Come forth and receive eternal life'. But Carl came fifth and won a toaster.

BattleTag Hub-1983

My most epic battle in D2 happened with Treehead Woodfist by that tree and woods by it. There were archers and a rare pack of quill rats in the trees that I could not see and Treehead and gang with super speed chasing me down.