Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Reaper of Souls Beta Tester mojolevel's Avatar
    BattleTag Mojo-1577

Re: Looking for High MP Uber Running Mates

I've got an oh so slight gap in my school requirements right now, so I actually have a *mostly* free night tonight to play some D3. Whether that be SC ubers or more plodding through self-found HC, I'm game!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Sweet, I get home from work around 8 cst

Edit: didn't get on until much later. I was playing for about 30 min when I lost ANOTHER wizard to a dumb mistake. Going back to my barb yet again. After four dead wizards I'm thinking that the game is trying to send some kind of message. Oh well... onwards!

Also Levi is up to paragon 8 now... we have some serious catching up to do.

sent from my GalaxySIII
    Last edited by tougeznut; 20-06-2013 at 04:48.

BattleTag Mojo-1577

Quote Originally Posted by tougeznut View Post
    Sweet, I get home from work around 8 cst

Edit: didn't get on until much later. I was playing for about 30 min when I lost ANOTHER wizard to a dumb mistake. Going back to my barb yet again. After four dead wizards I'm thinking that the game is trying to send some kind of message. Oh well... onwards!

Also Levi is up to paragon 8 now... we have some serious catching up to do.

sent from my GalaxySIII
    I was on until about 10PM EST. I finally broke into NM and am sitting at just beyond SK at level 37, so I'm slowly getting there. I need to get myself a few upgrades before long, so I'll probably do some farming before pushing too far.

Sorry to hear about your wizard :( I'm tempted to bring my monk up to speed soon too, just so the inevitable death doesn't send me back to level 1. At least at this point I've built up a stash of relatively good stuff for speeding up the early game when I have to revisit it. Need to get my jeweler/blacksmith upgraded quickly!

I may be on at random times this evening...we'll see how things go.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Hahahaha, sweet jeebus!

I have been missing from these forums, hm? :(

Sorry, guys! For whatever reason, I actually stopped visiting the forums at work to get work done at work. Dumb, I know. And now I am totally caught up and actually ahead at work, so now the cycle can restart.

Well, since my last post, yeah, it's been pretty much self-found Hardcore. It is super addicting I have to say. The more characters you roll, and lose, just makes it easier to roll the next one because of stashed leftovers. Now that I have a very healthy Barb in Inferno, I've been trying to save good level reduced weapons. I think I just recently found a negative 17 one, so that should smash the game pretty much for any character I can get to Nightmare. It's kind of funny though, stashing stuff thinking of rerolling when that's the last thing you want to happen.

Hm, so some notes from my play experience over the last month or so since I've posted:

- You can get All Res earlier than you think. I found a Legendary mighty belt that has All Res at like level 26 required and it's so good that I actually don't really replace it until level 55+. That aside, pretty much once you're in Hell, you'll need to go way more defensive, so crafting or finding a good shield and pieces with AR (I think you can get some 30-40 range pieces early on) goes a long way.
    - That said, Hell is easily the most dangerous time for your self-found HC character. I'm not going to lie, I have dropped the MP down to MP1 for my characters upon entering Hell. By that point, they're usually at level 50-52, so I just kinda wanna get through to 60 and start the farming, but also, MP10 Hell is mostly equivalent to MP 0 Inferno I think I've heard, so that just always sounded crazy dangerous to me without the right defensive gear.
    - Corollary to the above, but if you're playing Barb, you NEED to switch one of your passives to Superstition about halfway through Act 2 Hell. You want to get used to having it because you'll NEED it for the Belial fight. Take it from someone who lost a 55 without it.
    - You'll be surprised how very easy it is to gear up once you're in Inferno. NV helps so much and the changes to the ilvl drops means that all it really takes is a few good rolls on an ilvl 62/63 piece and you'll easily upgrade that slot. I don't think you'll need the AH as much as you think. The zombies are slow enough that if you need to get out of there, you just make sure you have an escape skill and GTFO. May I suggest Leap? No Fury required.

But yeah, Toug and Mojo, I've been keeping tabs on your characters as well, and obviously Toug I've been talking to you quite a great deal about the ins and outs of it all. I think once we're all in Inferno, it'll be great to get the group back together and we'll have a ton of support for staying alive. Losing that first Paragon 1 60 was a truly awful feeling, but that was my reminder to use Leap more defensively than offensively, to not play HC when I'm tired, and to not drink if I'm trying new content I'm unsure about.

Can't really think of anything else to add to the conversation except that I'm really excited about this new playstyle. If you look on the adjoining Ladders site, I have two SC kills this month, which would be Siegebreaker and Zoltun Kulle from helping a friend out with their Ubers because they couldn't down them solo, hahaha.

I've found four Inferno Legendaries so far, so here's hoping more are on the way!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Yay! You're back on the forum. Speaking of SC... if anyone ever wants help with ubers, I'm still around. Just message me and it's on!

Regarding progress: I managed to kill Belial at level 58 without much issue. It was MP1 and defensively I used both armor passives and inspiring presence. I did manage to farm and craft enough pieces to be over 100 all res, ~6000 armor, with over 40k life. Maybe that's why I didn't think I would need superstition? Damage wise I'm barely under 3k buffed, but I prefer killing slow to having to roll a new toon. After the four dead wizards in a row... I don't want to lose anyone else if I can help it.

I'm so close to inferno, I can taste it. Mojo - take your time once you get into hell. Levi speaks the truth and you will have a tough time with MP10. Be safe and drop your MP.

sent from my GalaxySIII

BattleTag Mojo-1577

Good to see you back Levi! Imagine that...work at work, hah! I usually contain my time on here to my first cup of coffee once I get in the office. So as I work on finishing mine - here's a quick update:

I'm just outside of Cyndea in Act 3 NM. I'm still at MP10 and intend to push through the rest of NM that way. I talked briefly the other day with Toug and we agreed that indeed Hell might be best played on MP1. I'm more interested in hitting 60 and getting a chance to farm Inferno than I am looking for a specific difficulty challenge. After losing my first 2 barbs, being less than 10 levels from 60 is exciting...too exciting to put the difficulty challenge first! I'm still excited by playing self-found though; it's led me to do a lot of things (like low level crafting) that I never touched in SC, which has made the game much more involved.

I too live by a certain set of rules: No playing new content while drinking or tired..(more frequently this is really qualified by 'TOO' as in, too much drinking, or too tired :P), always have at least one escape skill (leap is my preferred option here as well), and move forward cautiously...something I frequently start to forget. I think, without being too cocky, that Hell shouldn't be too bad at MP1. I've got a pretty sturdy character now for being just shy of 51 - lots of armor and vitality and a good deal of life regen, both from gear and inspiring presence/templar. I noticed Levi that you were using Superstition, which I had to actually read because I am completely unfamiliar with that passive. It's something to consider for sure, at least for Belial which I'd say is easily the boss fight that I fear the most, at all difficulty levels. So often I have a hard time avoiding his 'carpet bombing' move with the random poison AOE. I imagine it doesn't hurt using Superstition throughout the act though, with all of the other various ranged/elemental damage.

I look forwarding to getting to the top with you guys! It'll be great to start running together again. It's been a lot of fun climbing up the HC ladder, but it's been lonely at times, and once I get to a point where I'm not constantly self-finding upgrades I'll start missing the social aspect even more!

**As a SC Sidenote** I can still use an Uber run or two too; and am always willing to hop on to help others (for the rest of you involved in this thread). During the week sometimes my time is limited which has made it difficult for me to schedule a specific time, but I'm ready and willing. I'd like to get my barb to P100 at some point too, but that's taken a back seat to HC.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Yeah, I'm considering dropping Superstition once I get just a little more All Res on my gear and some other form of life return besides Life Regen. Toug hasn't been using it and is actually doing very well, so there's that to consider as an alternate experience. I just like the fact that I can absorb a ton of non-physical damage right now so nothing really spikes my health except for Dark Berserkers or Mallet Lords, etc. Mobs that hit slow but hard essentially.

I would be curious to try MP10 Hell one of these days with a newer character because I haven't actually tried it once. So, we shall see. Planning to work on my Monk sooner than later.

Also, same sentiments regarding SC and Ubers and all that good stuff.