Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Reaper of Souls Beta Tester mojolevel's Avatar
    BattleTag Mojo-1577

Re: Looking for High MP Uber Running Mates

Quote Originally Posted by Genocides View Post
    Yeah sorry I saw you on and called you by an old guildy's name from WoW mojopin until I realized it was you from D.incgamers. I might not have much in the form of time this weekend, but I'll be around some nights during the work week. So far much improved patch.
    No problem; I saw you jump on too, but I didn't bother to say anything because I was only sticking around for a quick run to test out the new patch (which I agree made some great improvements! All gains and things aside, I'm liking the auto-elite/champion notifications, saves me a lot of tap-dancing as I'm trying to notify people of their presence without taking too much damage).

BattleTag Mojo-1577

Quote Originally Posted by tougeznut View Post
    Just played on 1.0.8: with 4 people in an MP10 act 1 game, without a HF ring and I gained 75mil XP in about 45 min. The XP bonus was 12xx%... so I think the HF rings are going to go out of fashion since 1235% bonus isn't much of a difference from 1200% bonus. This makes me very happy because... that's a TON of XP. This makes me sad because I like doing ubers :*(.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Interesting point about HF rings that I hadn't really considered. I look at it this way though - this allows me to free up a slot on my characters capable of doing very high MP runs, which is beneficial because I have yet to craft a HF that can out-DPS some of my other available rings, yet I gimp my DPS on purpose in favor of increased XP. On the other hand, I imagine I will still want HF's for lower level characters that I have to run at lower MP's due to gear limitations.

Rest assured, I'll still want to run ubers

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by tougeznut View Post
    Just played on 1.0.8: with 4 people in an MP10 act 1 game, without a HF ring and I gained 75mil XP in about 45 min. The XP bonus was 12xx%... so I think the HF rings are going to go out of fashion since 1235% bonus isn't much of a difference from 1200% bonus. This makes me very happy because... that's a TON of XP. This makes me sad because I like doing ubers :*(.

To be fair...it's like 70%ish with full stacks and full multiplayer game. I haven't equipped a HF ring in a while though, since I don't have a great one (come to think of it, not even a good one), and the survivability and breakpoint from a LoH+IAS ring far out weighs the exp bonus, since deaths cut into efficiency (quite sharply depending on the location of death).

Also, thank you for putting this thread up, mojo. I look forward to doing some multiplayer games this weekend (first one I can just relax in at least a month for me as well).

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Yeah, I am obsessed with collecting keys, and that means lots of machines and that means lots of Ubers, so I will still want to do them, too!

I am trying to develop some new routes in Act 2. I played for a little last night and I turned on my auto-join, but no one hopped in. :( I'm enjoying the new densities though, and I think I have a decent Act 2 route to hit all the high density areas efficiently.

I tried a public game in Act 1 and I honestly hated it. No one spoke a single word the entire time and in the five minutes I was in the game, there was always someone leaving or joining and people weren't sticking together. It was kind of miserable. So I think I'd prefer to do multiplayer only with people I know unless I just got bad luck in a public game. That was the first one I had ever tried, too.

I am enjoying 1.0.8 for the changes though despite the pall hanging over the game with the dire state of gold/the economy.

Anyway, if you're in this thread and I don't you on my friends list yet or vice versa, feel free to add! I'll try to do the same. This weekend I won't have as much time as I thought, but I'll be on a decent amount, so I hope to party up with some of you!

I think I'm still going to use a HR no matter what, since it still adds to the base which is what then gets multiplied, so the bigger the base, the more the benefit from the multiplier, plus it'll be motivation to keep trying to craft a better one.

BattleTag Duskmourn-1569

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
    I tried a public game in Act 1 and I honestly hated it. No one spoke a single word the entire time and in the five minutes I was in the game, there was always someone leaving or joining and people weren't sticking together. It was kind of miserable. So I think I'd prefer to do multiplayer only with people I know unless I just got bad luck in a public game. That was the first one I had ever tried, too.
    I've had the same experience in pub games so far. Yeah I'll be on tomorrow evening and day maybe. I have 9 machines right now, but I'm waiting for a friend I farmed them with to get the benefit. Still thinking they are worth using (HF rings) I thought they were multiplicative too that sucks?! anyways it's a tough choice, but I may end up using one too if I craft anything decent.

BattleTag Mojo-1577

I've played in a few public Act 1 games and generally I've had the same experience. I think part of it is because there aren't commonly defined routes to farming these Acts in 1.08, so people end up being scattered. I have bumped into a few people that are just flat out uninterested in party play and spend the whole time in a different area though, so that's happened too...but I've been trying to stick it out in order to take advantage of the multiplayer bonus (which by the way, I don't understand why we need a buff icon for that...).

Newcomer Moderator [DII] SommerSky's Avatar
    BattleTag SillyRabbit-1320

Hello Mojo,

I am always looking for people to play with. ^^
    You are welcome to add me: SillyRabbit#1320

SS

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Finally hit a good rhythm with my CM wiz and I've been joining random public games where people have asked me to help with Ubers. So I think I have enough practice (and dps) now to handle MP10 ubers with you guys again. I (hopefully) won't need that "potentiality illegal keystroke function" anymore either :-).

BattleTag Mojo-1577

SommerSky, I'm hoping to get on later tonight at which point I'll send you a request!

Tougeznut - Since I've been playing my barb strictly on MP10 now for farming I'm realizing more than ever that my current strength HF is holding me back quite a bit. Definitely looking to do ubers again soon! I've been holding off since I wanted to take the maximum advantage I could of the anniversary xp bonus, so I've done nothing but farm xp for the past week.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Quote Originally Posted by mojolevel View Post
    Since I've been playing my barb strictly on MP10 now for farming I'm realizing more than ever that my current strength HF is holding me back quite a bit. Definitely looking to do ubers again soon! I've been holding off since I wanted to take the maximum advantage I could of the anniversary xp bonus, so I've done nothing but farm xp for the past week.
    :P told ya! HFs are kinda outdated now compared to just playing a higher MP with the 25k+ dps you'd lose with a HF ring. With my wiz I don't even have a socket on my helm and I still get 1300% xp on MP10. I'm also perfectly fine with just farming xp with you guys anyway. Ubers sometimes require a time commitment that I don't always have.