Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BattleTag Flexy-2748

Archon going to be viable for multiplayer in 1.08

FINALLY!

Archon Kills

For the Wizards out there, many of you donít play multiplayer because you need those kills to fuel your Archon. In 1.0.8, your Archon duration will also be extended by assists, so as long as youíre around when a monster dies, your Archon duration will be extended. (We have it on our radar to review other mechanics such as Life on Kill bonuses, but thatís not something weíll be addressing this patch.)

I'm really pleased with my Blizzard build right now, but I'll definitely go back to Archon if it proves to be as maintainable as in singleplayer.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Re: Archon going to be viable for multiplayer in 1.08

Good, but they should have extended the duration per kill instead, to cater for single players as well, making it possible to farm other areas than act three

BattleTag kamap* / kamap-2813

But they are upping the mob density in act 1, 2 and 4 so they should become farmable in archon aswell.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Quote Originally Posted by kamap View Post
    But they are upping the mob density in act 1, 2 and 4 so they should become farmable in archon aswell.
    Did not know that, that sounds great!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

This bonus was awesome the first day I played in 1.0.8. However, since my wiz does about 400k dps in archon, I quickly realized how hard it is to find the right MP to play on. Playing single player and killing every thing instantaneously is great. Doing so in a lobby with three others is kinda awkward. I feel like I'm forcing people to follow along in my wake of destruction. If I choose a higher MP, then I end up falling out of archon way too soon. I'm not writing this to boast about how powerful my wiz is, but im wondering if anyone else having this problem at whatever MP they're trying to play on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BattleTag Flexy-2748

I do 300k dps in Archon and play exclusively on MP10 in a full group. It's a challenge.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Quote Originally Posted by RazeBarb View Post
    I do 300k dps in Archon and play exclusively on MP10 in a full group. It's a challenge.
    How do you keep from falling out of Archon on MP10. You'd be out of Archon like over half of the time.

IncGamers Site Pal
    BattleTag Sukkoi19-1574

He probably hides behind the group and spams Living Lightning or similar. Since the Monsters have so much health the crits add up quick and Archon is available in seconds. At least that is what I do.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Quote Originally Posted by Sukkoi19 View Post
    He probably hides behind the group and spams Living Lightning or similar. Since the Monsters have so much health the crits add up quick and Archon is available in seconds. At least that is what I do.
    That's if he has crit mass worked into his build. I always run Archon with blur, glass canon, and galvanized ward. If he doesn't plan on staying on Archon for more than two minutes, then galvanized ward could be swapped for crit mass, but then why bother with Archon at all?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag fenrir-2588

With the new changes sometimes Archon last a little too long and your buffs go away.

What do you guys recommend? Continue in Archon mode without buffs or go to town to exit Archon and rebuff?