Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Disconnect proofing my character

My disconnect proofing project is still in progress. I have taken in a lot of the advice from this thread.

@ZappaFan: Done. Took me a while until I could afford a decent Maximus, but I see what you mean! That demon is nearly always spawned.

@Seife: Funny enough, that's what I ended up doing. I downgraded to act1 mp0 farming. Sure the drops might not be great, but my loss of dps for life regen is easily offset with the lower mob hp on mp0, the enchantress' ability to one-shot the mobs, and the demon from Maximus actually being able to kill stuff.

@oOmpie: I actually noticed that the life gain from rend is showing up on the character screen as a jump in the life regen number. Test it for yourself.

@Mn_Swe2: Thanks for linking your gear. Sky Splitter seems like a fantastic option for this kind of setup!

As things stand, my dps has dropped by approximately 45%, with a tiny loss in armor, a solid gain in all resist and health. I'm hovering around 70k hp, with life regen at 3426. My character is, though I'm afraid to jinx myself, pretty much immortal in act1 mp0, especially with the enchantress using Maximus. I'm waiting to snag a good Sky Splitter and shoot for 4000 regen before I switch back to act1 mp1 or try act 3 mp0.

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

I'm doing Act III on MP1, and my Enchantress/Demon take care of trash mobs all by themselves, such as when I'm trying to get the initial 5 stacks and I just ran past trash mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDragon View Post
    My disconnect proofing project is still in progress. I have taken in a lot of the advice from this thread.

@ZappaFan: Done. Took me a while until I could afford a decent Maximus, but I see what you mean! That demon is nearly always spawned.

@Seife: Funny enough, that's what I ended up doing. I downgraded to act1 mp0 farming. Sure the drops might not be great, but my loss of dps for life regen is easily offset with the lower mob hp on mp0, the enchantress' ability to one-shot the mobs, and the demon from Maximus actually being able to kill stuff.

@oOmpie: I actually noticed that the life gain from rend is showing up on the character screen as a jump in the life regen number. Test it for yourself.

@Mn_Swe2: Thanks for linking your gear. Sky Splitter seems like a fantastic option for this kind of setup!

As things stand, my dps has dropped by approximately 45%, with a tiny loss in armor, a solid gain in all resist and health. I'm hovering around 70k hp, with life regen at 3426. My character is, though I'm afraid to jinx myself, pretty much immortal in act1 mp0, especially with the enchantress using Maximus. I'm waiting to snag a good Sky Splitter and shoot for 4000 regen before I switch back to act1 mp1 or try act 3 mp0.
    Eschew obfuscation!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZappaFan View Post
    Use an enchantress equipped with Maximus. The demon is almost always spawned and doesn't disconnect when you do .
    Enchantress is help AI person in sigle player? Maximus is what?
    Thanx for answer Im a noob in this...

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Yes, the Enchantress is the mage style helper in solo play which you meet in Act2.
    Maximus is a Legendary two-handed sword which the Enchantress can use. It summons a demon which is great for tanking and actually does quite some damage.

IncGamers Member

Well, since this thread was bumped, I might as well give an update. My disconnect proofing project is ongoing. I believe I could describe my current setup as "going overboard." To date, I have survived several normal disconnects and 3 dangerous ones, including one during a fight with an arcane enchanted boss pack.

Once I reached a decent threshold of life regen (3k+), I found that my character was pretty much unkillable in most situations. However, when he runs into something that outpaces his regen, (like 2 arcane beams while standing on desecrator+plagued), his health would plummet very quickly. To combat this, I started shifting away from fully stacked regen and moving instead to maximizing protection while maintaining some regen. I managed to snag a few lucky drops that gave me a budget to play with.

My final tally of buffed defensive stats is approx:

Armor: 13k (80.5%)
    All resist: 1300 (80.5%)
    Arcane resist: 1720 (84.52%)
    Life Regen: 1580
    Health: 76.8k

EHP vs Elites: 5.7 mill
    Ehp vs Arcane beams: 7.9 mill

Effective life regen vs Elites: 117.2k per sec
    Effective life regen vs Arcane: 162.5k per sec

My damage is where I suffered the most. With Battle Rage(Berserker Rage) and Frenzy(Maniac), I'm not breaking 40k dps. Still, its enough for act1 mp1 and act3 mp0 farming.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Nice def stats, insane AR

Indeed you use so many slots for regen/armor/ar that DPS suffers. I'm going inbetween, aiming to keep my AR at 900, regen at 1000 while increasing DPS towards 100k DPS. I'm focussing on optimizing affix effectiviness, AR 70-80 is better than single resist 50-60 for example (monk OWE). On some slots it's easier to get high main stats/vit, others are damage slots (rings for example).

It's all getting pretty expensive though, but that only increases the challenge :-)