Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

How to improve my gear?

Just finished gearing my first character in DIII.

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ayrx-1195/hero/32220068

Gonna have a belt coming in the next few hours as well.

I'm gonna use IK gloves once I am able to afford it. What should my next upgrade be?

Diablo: IncGamers Member mortuus's Avatar

Re: How to improve my gear?

Better secondhand weapon, something with higher damage socket and crit hit, also more str is good it all depends how much money u got to spend as its hard to just say, try go for the full ik set if u can its nice bonus from having all i think.

Reaper of Souls Beta Tester mojolevel's Avatar
    BattleTag Mojo-1577

A better off hand would be good (with a socket); but since you're using sprint/nado at least your offhand has good APS. You might actually benefit more from improving your mainhand with a higher DPS weapon and swapping the EF to your offhand.

A relatively easy and cheap upgrade for you would come in the form of some crafted bracers. It wouldn't take too many crafting attempts with the new razorspikes of strength recipe to craft something substantially better than your current bracers. Just look for something with Str/Vit/AR and critical hit chance. That sounds like a tall order, but even a low-end roll with those stats will improve your damage contribution out of that slot substantially. And it will cost you a fraction of what upgrading some of the other slots will cost you (i.e. jewelry).

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojolevel View Post
    A better off hand would be good (with a socket); but since you're using sprint/nado at least your offhand has good APS. You might actually benefit more from improving your mainhand with a higher DPS weapon and swapping the EF to your offhand.

A relatively easy and cheap upgrade for you would come in the form of some crafted bracers. It wouldn't take too many crafting attempts with the new razorspikes of strength recipe to craft something substantially better than your current bracers. Just look for something with Str/Vit/AR and critical hit chance. That sounds like a tall order, but even a low-end roll with those stats will improve your damage contribution out of that slot substantially. And it will cost you a fraction of what upgrading some of the other slots will cost you (i.e. jewelry).
    I was planning a Lacuni's for the bracer slot actually. How will that compare against the crafted bracers you mention?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by darknessproz View Post
    I was planning a Lacuni's for the bracer slot actually. How will that compare against the crafted bracers you mention?
    You can't craft pants (at least with the new recipes), so Inna's pants and crafted bracers give you much more bang for the buck than Lacuni's and rare pants.

Reaper of Souls Beta Tester mojolevel's Avatar
    BattleTag Mojo-1577

Quote Originally Posted by darknessproz View Post
    It's tough to say offhand, if money is no object. I imagine that high-end Lacunis might be comparable (especially if you value more movement speed over slightly higher DPS output). I don't have access to any of the math right now, but ultimately the crafted bracers will offer more damage output and simultaneous damage mitigation.

Consider that the base strength range for the crafted pair is 201-230 STR which is far higher than you're going to find on a pair of Lacunis, and that you can roll that simultaneously with crit chance, vitality, AND all resistances (with 2 more random stat slots to spare). Lacunis only have 3 random stats, so there's no way to match the cumulative stats you could pick up off a pair of crafted bracers if two of your 'must haves' are strength and CHC.

All of this of course ignores the astronomical price of strength-based Lacunis with crit chance on them, which will run you 9 figures to get on the GAH (last time I looked). Assuming your luck isn't abysmal, you should be able to roll a pretty good crafted pair (and a substantial upgrade to your current item) with 20 or so attempts, maybe even half that many if you're lucky. That works out to a fraction of the cost of Lacunis...hell, even if it took you 100 attempts, it would still work out to a fraction of the cost.

Edit: JEB90 makes a good point above as well, if picking up additional IAS is one of your driving motivations.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by JEB90 View Post
    You can't craft pants (at least with the new recipes), so Inna's pants and crafted bracers give you much more bang for the buck than Lacuni's and rare pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojolevel View Post
    It's tough to say offhand, if money is no object. I imagine that high-end Lacunis might be comparable (especially if you value more movement speed over slightly higher DPS output). I don't have access to any of the math right now, but ultimately the crafted bracers will offer more damage output and simultaneous damage mitigation.

Consider that the base strength range for the crafted pair is 201-230 STR which is far higher than you're going to find on a pair of Lacunis, and that you can roll that simultaneously with crit chance, vitality, AND all resistances (with 2 more random stat slots to spare). Lacunis only have 3 random stats, so there's no way to match the cumulative stats you could pick up off a pair of crafted bracers if two of your 'must haves' are strength and CHC.

All of this of course ignores the astronomical price of strength-based Lacunis with crit chance on them, which will run you 9 figures to get on the GAH (last time I looked). Assuming your luck isn't abysmal, you should be able to roll a pretty good crafted pair (and a substantial upgrade to your current item) with 20 or so attempts, maybe even half that many if you're lucky. That works out to a fraction of the cost of Lacunis...hell, even if it took you 100 attempts, it would still work out to a fraction of the cost.

Edit: JEB90 makes a good point above as well, if picking up additional IAS is one of your driving motivations.
    Thanks for the advice, gonna pick up the recipe and do a few rolls soon.