Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

Re: What was your first successful character?

Blizzard sorceress best choice ~

IncGamers Member

Way back in the day, in 1.03 I'm struggling to remember if my bowzon beat hell D (no act 5) or whether it was only ever nm. I remember she had a few points in every bow skill and I would just switch between ice arrow, immo arrow, strafe and multi as I went along, depending on what I felt like for the area.

Started playing (nearly) solely online on and off for several years after that, where Mat/Pats etc are obviously no big deal.

First ever SP guardian would have been decently later and was probably a 1.09 orb/TS sorc.

Pure blizz has always been my go to "restart" character ever since 1.10.

First character that beat hell and farmed basic gear was Blizzard Sorc. But first character I call successful was not her, but my old crappy LK lightning sorc. She farmed tons of stuff and some of most valuable runewords.

IncGamers Member

My first patriarch, and only, was a summoning necromancer with skeletons and mages. I never used him to do runs for other characters though. Same with guardians, since the puny attempts at twinking I once did bored me into never wanting to do it again. My first guardian was a paladin cleric, whose guardian thread was my first post on this forum.

My first Matriarch was a pure physical bowazon. A strong Valkyrie is very helpful specially if you have bad gear.

I think it was a summoner/Bone Spirit Necro. It was when XP just came out so I used revives, slow but effective.
    Last edited by Korlic; 29-03-2013 at 23:37.

After plenty ruined characters I though I had the experience to build a good one. Back on the 1.07 patch I made a Frozen Orb / Meteor Sorcy. She was quite good and was killing monsters on hell with ease.

However, I still lacked a lot of knowledge as that sorcy had 235 strength! When I upgraded to 1.10, this sorcy was simply unplayable. She simply couldn't counter monsters anymore. I kept her through YEARS just because I had a bond with her. She was also carrying some nice items and I didn't want to loose them.

After some time I discovered Atma (damn, how happy I was) and I left her naked. She was still my highest level character but nothing could be done to save her situation.

And Boom! Patch 1.13 was released. I had a chance to fix her by reseting her and thus it was done. I fixed her and right now she is a 93 level Sorcry!

Come to think I kept her from 2005(!) just for no reason and now she has became one of my best characters!