Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baals minions

IncGamers Member

Re: Baals minions

Went to nightmare and did the 2 first quest( lvl 39 now). I found out that so far it's a breeze, mainly becouse of my "I win" button, also known as Frozen orb . Send it in direction of any sort of miniboss and the shards takes cares of the minions. 1 sometimes 2 orbs is enough for most miniboss and elites, uniqe etc, and by then the shards takes care of the minions, if there is anyone left, my merc deals with them.

From what I can tell I don't really expect any major probems before I reach Anderiel. Got a decent poisen resist and a ring dropped that reduces poisenlenght by 75% wichis good. The only thing I have to worry abotu before is to be extra carefull to not to run into mobs as they seem to have around 70% chance to hit me(though I got 56% chance to block), compaired to the 8-12% chance they had to hit me the first time around.

Sorc's objective is to annihilate anything before it touches her, block/defense/life/energyshield/resistances are only for that one lucky punch ;-)

Frost Orb is what I use most as well, and even unsynergized, it'll deal a fair amount of damage to most monsters, even in Hell only Diablo and Baal take a while to kill (but that's where static field comes into play)
    Just makes sure you have a very strong merc, and/or a backup skill (fire or lightning) to deal with those pesky cold imuuns.

IncGamers Member

Yeah I have fireball/meteor as backup skill. Got them at skill 8/6 + 1 point in firemastery. Will work on all 3 as soon as I got Frozen Orb maxed and maybee gotten Cold Mastery up to 8 or something

It's a bit away yet, but what merc would be best to choose when I get to act 2?

That depends, most popular for sorc are defiance, prayer or holy freeze.

Do you wish to have more defence (you might want to add cold armor skill and save up for a good body armor), do you wish to have health regeneration (double health reg and add massive mana reg if the merc wears insight), or do you wish to coldslow all enemies in your area (even the cold imuuns)?

IncGamers Member wolfofbenjamin's Avatar

Colenzo the Annihilator, Achmed the Cursed, Lister the Tormentor (these are the only ones that I can remember, I know there are others)

Colenzo the Annihilator (Warped Shaman)
    Achmel the Cursed (Greater Mummy)
    Bartuc the Bloody (Council Member)
    Ventar the Unholy (Venom Lord)
    Lister the Tormentor (Minion of Destruction)

IncGamers Member wolfofbenjamin's Avatar

wow, nice I got an instant reply =^w^=