Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baals minions

IncGamers Member

Baals minions

Ok so I reached Baals minions with my first charakter a lvl 36 meteorb. It went ok for a while frozen orb and meteor killed most and only the poisen from the guys you often meet in act 2 made me portal back to town. But all of a sudden he summens up a bunch of blubby guys that hits really hard, I chugged down several revenution potions, but wondered if I had acctually hit the button, becouse my health wasn't really improving, and then I died.Probably should have teleported, but I was a bit stressed out just then. Relogged to get my stuff back, becouse there was no reason I would get past all those guys to get my corpse.

But how many waves is there? I killed quite a few I think. And how do you deal with the guys that take more than one third of your HP in one go and there is like 5 of them or something? ( I got 256 health). Should I gain a few more lvls before trying this again or you got some tips that can help me beat them?

Re: Baals minions

Wave1: fallen shaman + group of fallen that get resurrected as long as the shaman is alive
    Wave2: horadrim ancient boss + group of horadrim ancients + skelly mages that resurrect as long as any horadrim ancient is alive
    Wave3: council member boss + group of council members, wave stops after the last hydra wears off, after killing the last council member
    Wave4: blood lord boss + group of blood lords
    Wave5: minion of destruction boss + group of minions of destruction

I suspect wave5 is giving you a hard time?
    The only advice I can give you is to keep your distance, bring an act2 merc, and perhaps put 1 point in energy shield?

After this Baal leaves for the wordstone chamber, and you can pursue and kill him.
    (keep in mind that he can spawn a clone of himself and vines grasping out the ground)

I would level more and shove those points into vitality. Plus an act 2 merc as suggested.

IncGamers Member

Fifth wave is really really hard.

There's a way to avoid them, without fighting them.
    You can run away, making them follow you. Take them far from baal's room, and then teleport back to baal (without bringing them back too).
    If baal will see you alone (without the minions) he will think you killed them, and so you could kill baal without fighting 5th wave (actually they are stronger than baal).

Still, the 5th wave give a lot of experience, so use this trick if you want to get baalquest, but i hardly recommend you to kill them, if you can

IncGamers Member

Yes, it got to be the 5th wave. I got an act 2 merc, a defensive once so he stay alive longer, tend to use him as a tank. I tried to run away, but they do run fast and I manged to back myself into a corner, find another way next time.

Vitality is good, but I only get 2 points of life pr point. I only play semipure, meaning I only use things I find myself, but I do switch between avatars. Since this is by far the highest lvl, (second is lvl 28 druid) I don't find much usefull stuff on the others, but found some charms in my stash, buffing my hp up to 285. a few more lvls won't give much more hp, but I could put a few more points into frozen orb and/or cold mastery(got 5 and 6 in each of them respectely atm, and maybee swith my orb. The onther one has a bit lower dmg, but got resistance and one point in frost armor or what is' called. Should boost my armor so they don't hit me so often.

I actually played my first char all the way solo up to killing Baal using only Firebolt (lvl1 skill), it took me 45 minutes to kill Baal, but I did it, no teleport or anything, only lvl20 Firebolt, lvl7 Fire Mastery and a bit of Frost Armor (iirc Synergies didn't exist back in the beginning?) on a lvl36 sorcy.

So a sorc with lvl35 using lvl6 Frost Orb, I'd say spent 1 point in Cold Mastery, 1 in Energy Shield (stops a lot of elemental and physical and magical damage!), and you're good to go!

But if you're having toomuch problems, you may want to consider bringing in a friend? If you want to do it alone and you can't manage it, you may want to optimize your build? And if all else fails, simply level up.

Banned

What was this about again?

IncGamers Member

I think I just try it again. I just managed to get my druid past Diablo at lvl 28 after failing horribly the first time(he is mainly a summoner with just a few points in the shapshift tree and a full hit of lightening kills all my summons in one hit. So I'll do this too, might need to try out a few differnt tactics only. And yes, whole game has been solo, but I was considering bringing in some help to get him past Diablo.

Btw, do you lvl faster now then before? I remeber I got to Diablo back before LoD came out on my Barbarian and Amazon. I'm pretty sure I played the same way(kill everything once, but not more than that on normal), and I think my chars was only lvl 24 when they reached Diablo(instead of 27 for my sorceress and druid now), also noticed it in earlier acts. Reaching Andariel at lvl 16-17 instead of 12-14 as before and lvl 22-23 when entering act 3 instead of lvl 18-19 as before if I remeber correctly. Did either the expansion or one of the patches change xp given at some point?

IncGamers Member

Ok I went back again, this time makeing sure I had space to run before the last wave. Killed all exept the boss at first, then portaled to get back my merc that died earlier and then got back finsihing of the boss of the pack. Easy as pai (lvled up on pack 3 btw).

Baal himself was also easy. Had some trouble getting close enough to him but managed to get off atleast 2-4 static field in range I think, and then just stood at range blasting him with meteors and frozen orbs, my merc doing the tanking, he only died once
    Very easy compaired to Diablo, I didn't even have to use revenution potions. (wich is kinda good becouse I forgot to rearrange my belt and only had one slot of them). Weird how a video game can effect you though. Once when I portaled to town, I could really feel how my hearth was beating hard, totally filled up with adrenaline.

So now what? Am I high enough lvl to take on nightmare or should I get some more lvl first and if so, where is the best place to go?

Ah adrenaline, that's what I still get for going in with a low life/res/gear/level and try to topple big guys ^^

Your level is sufficient, but if your resistances aren't maxed in normal, try to boost them a little before going into nightmare, since you already killed baal, you can't see normal baalruns, unless you spot them with your druid first and then join with your sorc.

My advice, go to nightmare, and enjoy the challenge