Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Girl fight: amazon x assassin x soceress. Who's the queen of lightning damage?

Thinking about Lightning builds other day, it was a fun coincidence that the three female classes have about the strongest lightning builds. The paladin has a shock build but I can't be sure he's as strong as a well geared lightning sorc, light javazon or light trapsin.

So, who's the strongest lightning damage dealer in the game; amazon, assassin or sorceress?

Edit: sorry I mistyped 'sorceress' in the title and now I can't fix it.

Re: Girl fight: amazon x assassin x soceress. Who's the queen of lightning damage?

In terms of pure highest damage number, I'd say Sorceress, but she also has the lowest possible lightning damage...
    In terms of esthetics, I'd say Amazon, she would fit the picture of a Greek Goddess as well, since the Assassin doesn't use lightning as an attack, she merely places traps which are sort of minions who cause lightning.

So, personally, I'm very fond of Sorceress, but I think Amazon wins the Queen title.

Re: Girl fight: amazon x assassin x soceress. Who's the queen of lightning damage?

First, my favv char is the LF/CS Amazon Godess!

My best light sorc ever, in terms of dmg, had a Lightning attack dmg of max 55k.
    My best Javazon however did ~125k in max dmg with her Charged strike. VS big monsters like Diablo or Baal anyways.

Amazon beats sorc/assa in many aspects imo(did I miss to say imo?), hotness, strength, kill speed, utility, fun to level, cheaper items.. etc.

Peace and love amazons!

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    First, my favv char is the LF/CS Amazon Godess!
    My best light sorc ever, in terms of dmg, had a Lightning attack dmg of max 55k.
    My best Javazon however did ~125k in max dmg with her Charged strike. VS big monsters like Diablo or Baal anyways.
    Amazon beats sorc/assa in many aspects imo(did I miss to say imo?), hotness, strength, kill speed, utility, fun to level, cheaper items.. etc.
    Peace and love amazons!
    Can I still change my 8.5k charged strike into 120k?

Hahaha! Im not giving clues mate! Promise!

That was my first Javazon, she reached an impressive lvl 99 actually, and she had a 6Java/40IAS Ceremonial Javelin!

Charged strike Amazon and charged bolt sorceress at point blank range are fairly close damage-wise, IIRC, although I think charged strike was a bit better. For mobs, lightning fury Amazon and chain lightning sorceress are also pretty close. It depends on your gear, skills / synergies, and play style. I tended to use the Amazon when I was killing everything and the sorceress if I was just going after bosses since the sorceress could teleport so much faster. I thoroughly enjoyed both. Never really got into Assassins.

Not even close.. The amazons Charged strike does at least 2-3 times the dmg Charged Bolt does.

An example:
    1# (my own setup)
    Sorc with +23 sk from gear. With +40% Ldmg from gear. (Also about -25% Enemy Lres)
    Has a Charged Bolt dmg of an average ~860dmg. 24 bolts equal ~20600 dmg.

2# (my own setup)
    Amazon with +23sk from gear. With +30% Ldmg from gear. (Also about -35% Enemy Lres)
    Has a Charged Strike dmg of an average ~5,4k. 11 bolts equal ~59500 dmg.

If we calculate attacks/sec with the same gear as above. Then the sorc has an 8frame cast speed. And the amazon an 11frame attack speed.

So the Sorc has about 38% more attacks/sec.

(~)20600*1,38 = (~)28428 dmg.

Conclusion, if Im correct (This was my own working setups for both characters) the Amazon does about 2x times the dmg/sec! And then comes the -res aswell!

EDIT: Yeah, Im having a giveaway to do, and had 20min to kill to prevent tempban!

But this is assuming all bolts from all attacks actually hit 1 target, you'd be better of with a well aimed lightning, average damage might be lowish, but the spikes hit 45+k.

Its good to have such dmg in baalruns. Sure against smaller opponents, as in the CS, its not that great. SO Charge Strike is for bosses, Lightning Fury/Chain Lightning for the ordinary packs.

Depending on number of players in the game, I can kill Baal in 2-3 hits.

Charged Strike also originates at the focus point of the javelin, so all of the bolts are more likely to hit the boss. Where as even if you are point blank range with a sorc some of the outer edge bolts may not connect since they are automatically spread by some distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.