Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Grail, Astreon's and Tyrael's left - Baal or Pindle?

Use Dweb on necro.. pit monsters are really crappy tbh, not a problem even on p7, for merc get eth insight it is enough ( I find golem useless, it dies too much ). Don't worry about the map, you'll get another one.

Edit: With tough pack use decrep, otherwise amp. LR is worth it on skeletons because they have more psn res, and not really even then. Most of the damage is merc+CE, not poison.

IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot for advice; Gripphon, you talked to my reason, recently I've had a situation described by you and had to wait for an Eni because I've made a Bramble :< I guess I'll stay with the present eq, and I will also use a DW and go for p7 - previously I thought it wouldn't be ok but it is. and I have 400mf and a decent damage with DW.

My quest is Tyrael's, last one for grail - but I think that minions can drop better on p7 (bosses have the same chance for Tyrael's p1 through p8). but it's more fun to find other items as well, on my road to Tyrael's. is the minions' thing worth an effort? Once again, thanks

IncGamers Member

Yo. I was wondering if there is something like a 'map with sacred armors dropping more frequently', for example in AT. Is there a point to search for such maps? I've read once that sb dropped a Tyrael's because he had a map with more frequent SAs dropping, and if it's true, how to verify if a map is 'the' map? play until sa drops and compare with others, or there is another way? noobish questions, but I'm dying to meet that Tyrael's, besides, I accidentaly lost my favourite map so now there's room for experimenting :>

Quote Originally Posted by dizelsky View Post
    Yo. I was wondering if there is something like a 'map with sacred armors dropping more frequently', for example in AT. Is there a point to search for such maps? I've read once that sb dropped a Tyrael's because he had a map with more frequent SAs dropping, and if it's true, how to verify if a map is 'the' map? play until sa drops and compare with others, or there is another way? noobish questions, but I'm dying to meet that Tyrael's, besides, I accidentaly lost my favourite map so now there's room for experimenting :>
    for a given alvl the rate of SA drops won't vary. Of course, w/o doing hundreds of millions of runs someone is bound to be below or above the average drop rate and may convince others it's because of the map and not statistics and RNG.

On that note, I think ghost-type monsters don't drop armor/weapons so if you avoid those maps you'll have better chances? I could be wrong about that statement

I'm not familiar with connection between map and drops on the map. I saw some players mention some connection, but I thought it was proven that there is no connection between maps and drops? Only connection I know of is between maps and bosspacks, so you can roll map with higher average number of bosspacks.

I can suggest only 2 realistic ways to improve your chances to find Tyrael, but then again I believe it was said many times on this topic.

1. roll maps untill you roll good Pit map (or AT for sorc)
    2. build berserker barb for Pit. He is much more efficient magicfinder than necro, meaning you can find Tyrael much faster than with necro on average.

IncGamers Member

I guess I'll stick to at sorc, building a good pit zerker costs me too much (I need to make another grief) and he has only 350 mf (no isted wizzies and pb 6isted, I have 7mf scs on at sorc but switching them everytime I want to change a char... ugh). Or would he be better even then than 580mf pit novamancer? Btw, I have already 5k AT runs so maybe it's not so long to the desired golden SA

Also, I see you guys (on the movies ex. Fabian's pit runs with zerker) do not kill minions, I also drink potions not to miss any item, because there's always so many pots in the screen. perhaps I could shorten my at runs instead of making a pit zerker... my best time for at run is 1:20 so there's much place for improvement. which program do you recommend to record gameplay?

Another one: how to define the probability of SAs drop on a given area? or is it the same throughout the hell, all locations?
    Last edited by dizelsky; 27-09-2013 at 14:29.

Quote Originally Posted by dizelsky View Post
    I guess I'll stick to at sorc, building a good pit zerker costs me too much (I need to make another grief) and he has only 350 mf (no isted wizzies and pb 6isted, I have 7mf scs on at sorc but switching them everytime I want to change a char... ugh). Or would he be better even then than 580mf pit novamancer? Btw, I have already 5k AT runs so maybe it's not so long to the desired golden SA

Also, I see you guys (on the movies ex. Fabian's pit runs with zerker) do not kill minions, I also drink potions not to miss any item, because there's always so much of pots on the screen. perhaps I could shorten my at runs instead of making a pit zerker... which program do you recommend to record gameplay?

Another one: how to define the probability of SAs drop on a given area? or is it the same throughout the hell, all locations?
    If you're looking for Tyrael's, the best bet is running alvl 85 areas. there's really no other comparison to this, and more information is outlined in this guide

The information I'm referring to should be in the alvl 85 section, though you'll probably find other sections of the guide interesting or useful. Make sure to read the abbreviations at the top

IncGamers Member

so I see that minions have practically the same odds for a given unique as regular monsters, but they can drop qlvl=87 items. well, now I know why you kill only bosses and leave minions :> I guess the wheel is reinvented ;>

Thanks to that I've managed to shorten my runs from 1:20 to 0:55-1:05 in AT. I also reequipped the merc with infi instead of insight, sometimes bosses are not for one shot. And that's almost 50% improvement, but I guess I'll never reach 0:40... Thanks for tips and wish me luck for Tyrael's ;>

Remember that it's more about bosses/sec than total run time.

For example, I had a char that took ~1 min runs but also had I believe 5.5-6 bosses on average (I checked most of the map). Another char of mine had 4.0-5.0 bosses but my run time was 43 seconds after several thousands of runs. It takes practice, bookkeeping and rerolling maps to get something amazing. Neither of my maps were anything special, but certainly above average and I liked them and stuck with them because I did. Most of my efficiency improvements came from reducing load times and practice.

IncGamers Member

My present map is not really amazing, but I manage to do ~5.5 bosses in ~1:05, almost the same as you, so it's much better than the previous one. I only regret that it doesn't spawn 10 bosses, max is 8, but it's very close to wp and has a terrific layout.

Those potions are getting me mad. they really can make my runs slower and if there's a big density of bosses I must drink all these damn pots - the run can be even 1:20 then. Any hints about that? if there are many potions, is it possible for items not to show on the screen? or are they always visible, no matter how many potions there are? I would like to have faster runs but I don't want to miss any Astreons or other DWs ;>as simple as that. I've seen the Fabian's pit runs and he does not drink any potions which are covering the alt-highlighted display of items.