Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

No loot in hc ????

OK so Im about to get on the soapbox and complain !!! WHY is there not a HC LOOT corpse option in D3 yet ?? I realise death is final and rebuilding isnt that bad, but losing 40 MIL GOLD worth of items on each death really sucks !!

ANY CHANCE TO HAVE LOOT ADDED would be nice....

IncGamers Member

Re: No loot in hc ????

I dislike the idea. But loot corpse was in D2 also hmm.. D2 was so much easier and at least you lose your charms with each death that.. I dont know. If there was loot corpse in hc it would lessen the hc experience and pretty much denie solo play altogether for higher level characters.

Also 40m worth items is very optimistic for certain players

BattleTag KornKills-1468

A limited economy is a blessing and a curse, we would lose some of the challenge of HC by allowing items to be taken from the dead.

Rebuilding is one of the biggest challenges and one of my favorites.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag fenrir-2588

Losing items does suck but keeping items would no longer make Hardcore hardcore

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Points well taken and I generally agree that it would lessen Hc mode if we had loot. Something would be nice though , like maybe a fee for each item to be restored or something? I normally have around 1 Mil in my bank account and definately shop the bargain bin for items when I do, but after finding some decent stuff and having a fully customised character and losing it all AGAIN.. It really ticks me off and make me miss the loot option we had in D2 Hc Mode.....

but this is not D2 - I get it ....

BattleTag KornKills-1468

We have all been there, I've lost a lot of gold in dead heroes. Have a look under fallen heroes..

http://www.diablo3ladders.com/battletag/kornkills-1468

IncGamers Member

I think every dead should also tax your gold depending how high lvl hero you lose or something. Becouse yes you feel that you lose gold after buying 50m worth of gear and then dying with those. But in reality only 15% of that 50m is lost via Blizzard tax (or less if you use trade channels). What this means is inflation, There is constant need for new gear while gold is piling up in diablo world.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arirmind View Post
    What this means is inflation, There is constant need for new gear while gold is piling up in diablo world.
    Hmm, that is an interesting point you make. Haven't thought of that at all. Only gold sinks are propably that 15% tax plus gem combine and crafting. Repair fees aren't so huge when we are talking about billions.

I'm eager to hear other peoples opinions about this.

-Causa

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag fenrir-2588

Quote Originally Posted by Causa View Post
    Hmm, that is an interesting point you make. Haven't thought of that at all. Only gold sinks are propably that 15% tax plus gem combine and crafting. Repair fees aren't so huge when we are talking about billions.

I'm eager to hear other peoples opinions about this.

-Causa
    I love the idea of money/tax sinks but I don't think a death tax would work out.

Dying itself is already a big tax sink for us HC players. Put it this way, a death tax in the game would also get applied to SC. SC would go into a riot for this type of tax since they die like 100 times a day!

IncGamers Member

5m reroll single mod on single item from jeweler. That would eat some numbers of gold and give more hope for poor players to upgrade their low version of legendaries to better ones.

EDIT: its actually difficult to find balance how much something like that should cost. There are tons of players with total gear value less than 10m who could never use this feature and then there are those billionares who would instantly perfect their gear and still be rich. Either way i love the idea to spend gold on already existing items. It would feel like collecting runes for item so you put much more effort and get attached more.