Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Assassin (single player) question

Been ages since I created a claw assi and only browsed through Opening post @ first.

With reading your last post, I'm not quite convinced your fighting the right way with your C/C assi so may I ask: how do u fight? I don't see u mentioning maxing a charge-up skill.
    Claw/Claw usually hits 3 times with a charge up skill (lets say Tiger Strike) then release the charges with a finishing move (usually Dragon Tail). Tried it a decade ago and u can kill an entire pack with your finishing move (+30k hit)

try(it's old though):
    http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:...0,_by_Wildjinn

Venom is great for a pure kicker build btw (Dragon Talon), less for claw, muuch less.

edit, and another:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...ead.php?821634
    Last edited by royalairfarce; 26-03-2013 at 17:27.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by royalairfarce View Post
    Been ages since I created a claw assi and only browsed through Opening post @ first.

With reading your last post, I'm not quite convinced your fighting the right way with your C/C assi so may I ask: how do u fight? I don't see u mentioning maxing a charge-up skill.
    Claw/Claw usually hits 3 times with a charge up skill (lets say Tiger Strike) then release the charges with a finishing move (usually Dragon Tail). Tried it a decade ago and u can kill an entire pack with your finishing move (+30k hit)

try(it's old though):
    http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:...0,_by_Wildjinn

Venom is great for a pure kicker build btw (Dragon Talon), less for claw, muuch less.

edit, and another:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...ead.php?821634
    I use DClaw as my main attack. My pull work as followed : Mind Blast a few to convert some mobs, then CoS, by this time my merc already stand in the middle of the fire, then i jump in and try to pick a few with out Physic or Poison immunity, after killing off few mobs in the crowd i step back and throw in Death Sentry and jump in again, repeat till all drop.
    This is my first char so i'm untwinked and i kill rather slow and have to pot (mostly pot my merc) and town portal alot, also die alot but eventually i'm crawling toward the Three. I almost made it to Act3 in Hell and finally got my 'Chaos' Wrist sword (after farming the Countess for countless times). YAY!
    And no, i don't use any charge up skill, no tiger no phoenix. The only skill i pick in the martial art tree is DClaw.
    I know my sin might look suck but she works, slowly, for me atleast

Whatever works for u ofc, can only advise to give it a try. Even 1 point in Tiger strike will enhance your damage a lot.
    btw: Dragon flight is also almost mandatory (teleports u + merc + your shadow to that spot)

IncGamers Member

Hmmm ok then, i will give it a try when i lv up. Ty for the advice.

IncGamers Member

After some time playing with Tiger strike i found out that it doesn't fit my sin. Reason : my physical damage is low. I got tiger strike to lv4 with +skills and with a full charge up i couldn't 1-hit most mob in act 5 hell. Most of my damage comes from venom, magic(chaos claw) and corpse explosion (death sentry) along with my merc who now wield an 'obedience' grim scythe, so my physical atk give small effect here.
    Anyway, i got to the ancients in Hell and having hard time with them. Leveled myself to 83 now (mostly by running the countess again and again). Oh, and one thing i want to confirm, the bug with CoS when fighting Ancients haven't been fixed yet (v1.13), i crashed my game for like 5 times using it.

Which version do u have?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Archone View Post
    Which version do u have?
    I'm playing 1.13, i think i got the latest patch, downloaded from arreat summit itself.
    At first i thought my game crashed because of ATMA and rune words mode, but later i google and found it was a famous bug lol.
    Btw, WOOT i'm done with the Ancients after few reroll and with an inventory full of potions

Something I discovered far, far too late, and you may have already discovered in which case forget what I said, it's just me being pathetic:
    don't bother with keys. Assassins can open locked chests/vases/goo piles without keys.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Something I discovered far, far too late, and you may have already discovered in which case forget what I said, it's just me being pathetic:
    don't bother with keys. Assassins can open locked chests/vases/goo piles without keys.
    Yup i founded that out early in game ^^ ty anyway