Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast
    BattleTag EuScL- *Solar_Fire

Baldur's Gate Mafia Game

RULES:

1)You do not talk about your role or any other relevant information concerning the game outside this thread.

2) Do not post during the night phase. Any post within a few minutes after the end of the day will be ignored. Any post made an hour or more after the end of the day phase, will result in a mod kill of the poster.

3) Do not edit your posts. Any edit will result in a mod kill.

4) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.

5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.

6) 6) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your vote or unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count. Please post the full forum name of the player that you are voting for. I'm not going to take issue with names being case sensitive and will count the vote but I would prefer that capitalization applies where needed.

Eg:

Vote: Solar Ice – CORRECT
    Vote: solar ice - CORRECT
    Vote: Sola Rice – WRONG
    Vote: Solar - WRONG
    Vote: SI – WRONG

7) The required number of votes to seal a lynch for the day is equal to one half the remaining number of people alive (rounded up) plus 1. Once someone reaches this number of votes, they will be lynched no matter what; however, the day will still continue to its scheduled conclusion. Half rounded up equals a lynch, but no lock, so the person to be lynched has until the day’s end to persuade the town otherwise.

8) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

9) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not. However,

10) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm by the host. This includes, but is not limited to, numbers of words/letters/punctuation marks. If you want to claim a role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you. If you're a townsfolk aka regular forum member, the only person you should be PM'ing is me(no private aim or msn conversations between each other). Mafia can PM between themselves (or talk on msn or aim, etc) only during the night.

11) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

13) You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 1 **contributive **post per day phase).

15) If you are (temp) banned, you will also be mod killed.

14) Read the rules and your role PM once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team win.

15) All stories are for flavour only.

If you are not a player, but wish to learn more about mafia, please refrain from posting in this thread and read this one for more information.

Win conditions:
    Pro town - Aligned with the town. Wins once all Anti town are dead.
    Anti Town- Aligned against the town. Wins once you control the vote and nothing can stop you from winning
    Neutral - No alignment. Special win condition.

Last edited by Solar Ice; 19-03-2013 at 19:15. Reason: Formatting

Re: Baldur's Gate Mafia Game

Player information and vote tallies

Players alive:

2. Bad Ash
    4. Sathoris
    6. FredofErik
    7. crawlingdeadman
    11. Jason Maher
    18. Ankeli (Jcakes)
    19. djmbbandie
    20. BipolarChemist

Players dead:

Drixx. Killed Night 1
    thefranklin. Killed Night 1
    kestegs. Lynched Day 1. Kangaxx, JOAT Mage. Mafia. Anti Town.
    Pharphis. Lynched Day 1. Sendai. Watcher. Mafia. Anti Town.
    Zemaj. Modkilled Day 1. Safana, Bus Driver. Town. Pro Town.
    Smancer. Modkilled Day 1. Solaufein, Name Cop. Town. Pro Town.
    Laarz. Killed Night 2
    Pyrotechnician. Killed Night 2.
    Coju. Killed Day 2. Restless Spirit. Town. Pro Town.
    Goryani. Lynched Day 2. Tracker. Town. Pro Town.
    Caluin Graye. Killed Night 3.
    Gwaihir. Killed Night 3.
    Noodle. Lynched day 3. Valen. Rolecop. Mafia. Anti Town
    flubbucket. Killed Night 4.
    FredOfErik. Lynched Day 4. Lavok. Undead Doctor. Mafia. Anti Town.

Vote counts:

Twilight

Spoiler

Day 1

Spoiler

Day 2

Spoiler

Day 3

Spoiler

Day 4

Spoiler

Day starts:

Day 1
    Day 2
    Day 3
    Day 4
    Last edited by Solar Ice; 03-04-2013 at 18:35.

END GAME INFORMATION

Player /Role

1. Pharphis // Sendai, Watcher, Mafia
    2. Bad Ash// Ellesime, Doctor, Town
    3. Smancer// Solaufein, Name Cop, Town
    4. Sathoris // Sarevok, Godfather, Mafia
    5. Gwaihir// Sarles, Vanilla Townie, Town
    6. FredofErik// Lavok, Undead Doctor, Mafia
    7. Crawlingdeadman// Drizzt Do'Urden, Vigilante, Town
    8. Coju// Khalid, Restless Spirit, Town
    9. Goryani// Kivan, Tracker, Town// Alive
    10. Caluin Graye// Keldorn Firecam, Cop, Town
    11. Jason Maher// Aerie, JOAT Mage, Town
    12. Pyrotechnician// Phlydia, Shapeshifter, Town
    13. Noodle// Valen, Rolecop, Mafia
    14. Laarz// Vincenzo, Vanilla Townie, Town
    15. Zemaj// Safana, Bus Driver, Town
    16. Drixx// Xan, Party Host/1-shot Coroner, Town
    17. Thefranklin// Duke Eltan, Mercenary, Neutral
    18. Jcakes// Aran Linvail, Roleblocker, Mafia
    19. Djmbbandie// Korgan, Gladiator, Mafia
    20. BipolarChemist// Jaheira, Neighborizer, Town
    21. Kestegs// Kangaxx, JOAT Mage, Mafia
    22. Flubbucket// Ajantis, Advocate, Town

QT Links:

Bhaalspawn
    Undead Sanctuary

Necropolis of the Fallen

Neighbourizer Chats:

Night 1
    Night 2
    Night 3
    Night 4
    Night 5

Night Actions:

Spoiler

Role PM’s :

Spoiler
    Last edited by Solar Ice; 04-04-2013 at 05:19.

Everyone should have received a Role PM.

I was triple checking that everything went smoothly but if you know of any errors or know something that you clearly should not, please urgently send me a PM.

Twilight Phase has not started yet but will do in around 20 minutes.

If you need to send in a Night Action and my PM box is full, either wait or, preferably, send me an e-mail with the title of "Baldur's Gate Action" and your forum name.

Email address:

You can alternatively send me an e-mail by clicking on my name and using the send "e-mail option."

Good luck everyone and have fun!
    Last edited by Solar Ice; 19-03-2013 at 20:11.

Twilight:

Located on the coast of Faerun, the city of Baldur’s Gate is the sprawling metropolis of the region. Inhabited by Humans , Elves, Dwarves and other races, unlike other regions of the Sword Coast , the people in this city try to live in peace. Lately though, there have been strange occurrences in the city. People are going missing, unexplained deaths occurring and a general sense of unease is noticeable amongst the city’s inhabitants. Even the animals are sensing something is wrong. No longer are the birds chattering in the morning, and the vast forests surrounding the city, so brim with cheerful voices of various wildlife, are now silent.

Earlier today, the citizens woke up to grim news. In the city square, the body of one of the most well-known citizens was found. Bearing similar marks of a body found last week, Solar Ice was found by a passerby, lying in the center of the city square. His throat was slashed and measuring a foot in diameter, a burned circle was cleary visible on his chest.

Upset with this latest development, the inhabitants decided to take up arms to protect themselves. This latest death can not be a coincidence, they reasoned. Men and women, young and old, everyone was on high alert and a lynch mob was formed in the hope of rooting out the evil plaguing Baldur’s Gate.

What evil is afoot here and can the inhabitants save their beloved city? An owl hooted in the distance.

The sun is setting.

Solar Ice has been killed.

DRAGONHUNT:

As the crowd gathered around the body, a scream pierced the air.

“Look! Is that..” someone screamed. The others looked up.

It was an unbelievable sight. Spanning almost forty meters in length, with searing eyes a Red Dragon cast a shadow over the city. It was a majestic sight even from a distance. For a few minutes everyone forgot about the body and just looked at the sky.

As the Dragon approached, the captain of the Town Guard was suddenly lifted off his feet and flew in to the wall of City Hall. The force of the impact knocked him unconscious. The wind generated by the wings of the flying beast was such that it could lift a grown man off his feet.

A blinding light suddenly engulfed the city. The Helm and Cloak Inn was ablaze!

“The beast torched the Inn! Quick! Get inside the City Hall and barricade the doors!” The mayor shouted with fear audible in his voice.

Before anyone could react the dragon vanished as suddenly as it appeared. Confusion reigned amongs the citizens The townsfolk gathering around the body in the city square ran towards the Hall. Most made it inside before the guards were ordered to barricade the building. They felt safer inside.

“It is evil and it is very powerful. Most importantly, it brings rewards to the ones that slay it”, a soft spoken voice rose from the crowd. The others looked towards the voice. It was that of the Town Oracle, an old and wizened man.

“Do you know something the rest don’t about this abomination and why it disappeared?” asked the Mayor.

“Yes. I was once an adventurer not unlike many here in this Hall. The Red Dragon is the most covetous of all the dragons. It believes that wealth belongs to those strong enough to take it and thus lives by that principle, applying it to even itself. It is said that killing this beast bestows rewards upon those that did the deed”

Pausing to take a swig of mead he continued, “As to why it disappeared, it did not. It can take the form of humans with ease but it can not stay in that form for long. Just enough time for it to escape. Why it is here in Baldur’s Gate, I do not know.”

The rest pondered the Oracles words.

“Maybe this beast is behind all the trouble we have been experiencing lately?”, a voice pondered.

“Maybe. On the other hand, these creatures are not mindlessly violent. A great shift in their behaviour would have been necessary to entice an attack like the one we have born witness to. Ruthlessly torching the Inn like that would be completely out of character for them. That is the point of the issue. Perhaps they too have been affected by something. What we can-“

The Oracle’s voice trailed off as he began to shake uncontrollably and his eyes rolled back.
    Some rushed to help the old man but the Mayor stopped them.

“He is having a vision”

True enough, the oracle was trying to speak.

“I..know it’s identity. It is here!” he managed to faintly state.

The Oracle rattled off five names but it was unclear as to who he was referring to exactly before collapsing into unconsciousness.

“Then we will find it. Guards, round up those citizens - we will get not let this creature escape.” the Mayor solemnly vowed.

This Twilight phase will be slightly different. You will have a chance to lynch a Red Dragon. I will list the names of 5 players that are not participating in this game. One of them is the Dragon. The reward for successfully completing this task is: Town will get an extra lynch on Day 1, with normal voting rules applying.

To vote please post in bold Dragonhunt: Player Name. There is no lock, with the majority of votes at the end of Twilight securing the lynch. If a tie, no-lynch occurs.
    Those pointed out by the Oracle (alphabetical order):

Jcakes
    Leopold Stotch
    Moar
    ThunderCat
    Valhauros

If you are unsuccessful, there will not be another chance to lynch the dragon. There is a clue as to the identity of the dragon in the Dragonhunt story…

It is now Twilight Phase for the next 48 Hours. You may post freely.

Creative use of twilight phase. Provides direction for the players, by still having a lynch target.

A reminder that we are in the Twilight Phase - it is not a Day Phase where a player can be lynched. No votes in this phase for players participating in the game will be tallied.

Vote: Solar Ice.

Okay, I'll give the story another read-through in a little bit. I'm going to predict the hint is backwards - that Solar hinted about all but 1 of those characters (this is my guess, no evidence yet).

I'm gonna say

Dragonhunt: Moar