Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: A suggestion to you all: a SPF D3 SC/HC LADDER

Can't check thread right now. I have to lunch and travel for a test. But, yep, I'm in. I started fresh on EU to test the zoomed barb thing. So it's zoomed Barb for SC and ??? for HC. (Probably zoomed barb/barb or WD for HC). Se ya in 5-6 hours.

BattleTag Vegameister-2492

Quote Originally Posted by BaronScarpia View Post
    Can't check thread right now. I have to lunch and travel for a test. But, yep, I'm in. I started fresh on EU to test the zoomed barb thing. So it's zoomed Barb for SC and ??? for HC. (Probably zoomed barb/barb or WD for HC). Se ya in 5-6 hours.
    Fantastic!

I too, feel most secure in me playing a Rend barb, but wanted to try something new, and save the barb as my 2nd HC ladder char when this WD inevitably meets his maker. Will be fun having you along!

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Well hello everyone.

Great to see an initiative to keep this forum part moving. I did a complete restart last year, wiping every character, all gold, all gear, the whole enchilada. Since then i have leveled every class to 60 except for my monk.
    My wizard is at paragon 86 and there is just no way i would wipe that char, so, no thanks, i will not be doing that again.

However, i think that creating a specific ladder character is something most of us can do. In fact, i created a HC wizard the other day which is level 9. (HC + wizard = challenge).

For the purpose of this ladder, i will wipe this char and start again. Wizard, HC, selffound. (I have run selffound since my total wipe, so i'm very comfortable with that). I will throw away my puny HC gold stack as well.

Quote Originally Posted by InteNuIgen View Post
    Well hello everyone.

Great to see an initiative to keep this forum part moving. I did a complete restart last year, wiping every character, all gold, all gear, the whole enchilada. Since then i have leveled every class to 60 except for my monk.
    My wizard is at paragon 86 and there is just no way i would wipe that char, so, no thanks, i will not be doing that again.

However, i think that creating a specific ladder character is something most of us can do. In fact, i created a HC wizard the other day which is level 9. (HC + wizard = challenge).

For the purpose of this ladder, i will wipe this char and start again. Wizard, HC, selffound. (I have run selffound since my total wipe, so i'm very comfortable with that). I will throw away my puny HC gold stack as well.
    Completely understandable that you wouldn't want to delete a pl86 char, and at the same time, I am REALLY glad you will be joining us with a HC wiz! they are definitely not easy to keep alive in SF HC! You are a brave soul, my friend! hehe.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

Thanks Vega.

Started out nicely, have just beated the Skeleton King and i'm back in town level 8.
    Don't think i will use gold in this stage for buying items, i have already found better.
    Maybe a potion or two and some repairs down the way.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Good to see so much interest in this!

Vega: in just don't have ended desire to play D3 right now. I'll keep reading though, and maybe that desire will come back!

Name Player Level/Paragon Class Ladder Gold Highest Difficulty Alive/Dead
    HCLover Tasdaz 9/0 Wizard 8766 Normal Alive
    Shaka Zulu Lord_Vega 20/0 Witch Doctor 4930 Normal Alive
    ? InteNuIgen 8/0 Wizard ? Normal Alive
    Yoshimitsu Lord_Vega 10/0 Monk 4930 Normal Alive

Great response here, everyone! And I know for a fact that another old timer will be joining us during the weekend!

As you can see, Shaka has managed to get all the way to Zuul, at almost level 21. At the same time, I decided to start leveling a monk, another char I haven't played for more than an hour total since release, to have a back up for when **** hits the fan and Shaka is deeded! Smart move, me thinks

Keep updating the thread and ladder please upon completing a session and have fun!

P.S- I will reorganize the chars and players according to level and progression tomorrow, need to get some playing done here too, hehe.
    Last edited by Lord_Vega; 16-03-2013 at 19:09.

BattleTag Majo666-2473

How do you make that table?

My wiz's name is Nemesis and is level 11 now

Hello, I'm back! (RL: test went ok)

I don't have the foggiest idea of how you guys make the table thing, but:

Baron (Bnet name)

Starting Stats: 0 gold, starter stash, atrisans at level 0... (Started on EU)

SC - Scarpia | Zoomed Barbarian | Status coming soon
    HC - Samedi | WD | I'll create the char when I reach lvl 10, I swear.

--------------

I was going to start playing again, anyway, so ladder is perfect. I even downloaded the game in portuguese (my first language) to see what is what and how if so...

On NA server, my ping is ~250-270 (almost always green). On EU, my ping is 296-310 (mostly yellow, but not that low to be an issue). I'll leave my NA side of account untouched because I like the garbage/n00bish chars lying there... The ping difference isn't huge for me.

I really don't mind if people have lvl 10 artisans with all designs and stuff, not even a few million gold (but dumping 2bi gold to make crafted gear for ladder chars would be uncool ).

There's a thread about playing a barbarian zoomed in. It's, in fact, a great idea/experience for SC.

I choose barbarian because I'm obsessed with barbarians in general (but I never managed to use Rend or double tornado, so don't worry). My highest paragon is a WD at lvl 40-something and I really like it, as well. I just can't like the other classes. Instead of playing all five at the same time again, I'll focus SC on barb and HC on WD and see what happens.

EDIT: I NEED (<- yep, caps, sorry) to share this. If you're cool (a.k.a. "If you own Killers, from Iron Maiden"), play cathedral, lvl 2 and beyond listening Iron Maiden's "Killers". For some weird reason, the skeleton summoners sound like Paul Di'Anno. I was listening some tracks and "Wait, Paul doesn't scream here". After a few minutes, I noticed the skeleton scream.

This game with no music, loud sounds + loud Iron Maiden (or your favored Metal with/without storytelling) = clear win. And the Zoom thing really enhances the gameplay if you're into softcore. Immersion to the roof!
    Last edited by BaronScarpia; 16-03-2013 at 21:27.

Name Player Level/Paragon Class Ladder Gold Advancement Alive/Dead
    Shaka Zulu Lord_Vega 20/0 Witch Doctor 12030 Act 2/Normal Alive
    Yoshimitsu Lord_Vega 19/0 Monk 12030 Act 2/Normal Alive
    Nemesis InteNuIgen 11/0 Wizard ? Act 1/Normal Alive
    HCLover Tasdaz 9/0 Wizard 8766 Act 1/Normal Alive
    Samedi BaronScarpia 1/0 Witch Doctor 0 Act 1/Normal Alive

Hey everybody, and here is an update to my progress and the ladder as a whole!

Good to see more peopel joining, and I hope that with time, we will get more and more SPF'ers to dust up that copy of D3 and join the fun the way I think Diablo should be played... self found, trading only with trusted friends, and with a competitive and community edges to make it all so much more addictive!

First off, as you can see, I have been neglecting Shaka in favor of Yoshi, my very first seriously played attempt at a monk, ever! I never really got the feel and hang for the class, seeing as I always thought barbarians were superior in every way, and man... how wrong was I! Yoshi is a ton of fun to play, and provides both the feeling of sturdiness coupled up with great offense and speed!

Now, seeing as I know little to nothing about monks, I decided to stick with the skills that seem like fun to me, and not neccessarily those that are most cookie cutter and used, so I present you, Yoshimitsu:

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...A5MjUwKzArMCsx

That is how far he's come at level 19, and I plan on using those skills until the end, if I see they work well. I absolutely LOVE seven sided strike, and with 4 other defensive skills, I think I should be doing fine, sans a DC...

A few tales from Yoshi's quest...

Act 1 was rather uneventful and went really smooth. No NDE's and no scares.
    In act 2, however, Yoshi's found his first legendary!

2e2pix5.jpg

Not much use, damage wise for my monk, but hey, his lovely companion just might have a use for it. Once equipped by her, a lovely ghostly friend has joined Yoshi's gang! Fun fun fun!

2z69kxj.jpg

Got Yoshi all the way to finding the head, just like Shaka, and then crafted a pair of these babies right here!

xyvrs.jpg

Not bad at all!

Allright, that is it from me for now! Safe travels, brave heroes!