Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BattleTag Vegameister-2492

A suggestion to you all: a SPF D3 SC/HC LADDER

Hey again, good people of the SPF

After having tried getting back into D2 LoD only to find the inspiration and fun gone, due to having done this 100000 times before, I am hereby trying a suggestion to accomplish 2 goals:

A. Get me playing D3 again, with a sense of purpose and fun.
    B. Trying to get the D3 SPF going as a community again, as it seems it hasn't really gotten that on track as of yet.

My suggestion, as the title suggests, is starting our very own SPF Ladder, whether softcore, hardcore or both.
    The rules I am thinking of are something along these guildelines:

1. We play single player, but have the option to team up with other ladder players for private multiplayer games.

2. We play completely self found, and are not allowed to use the AH nor the RMAH. We can trade between our own ladder characters, and we can trade amonst our group of ladder players. Obivously, the SC and HD groups will have separate item pools.

3. We start a ladder documentation here on the SPF where we can update our progress ourselves, as well as tell of our heroic feats, great finds and untimely deaths right here on the forum. The brackets are on the last page of this thread. Simply quote the last post and edit your advancement in your post in order to keep track of everybody's advancement.

4. Gold- In case you are not doing a wipe and fresh start like yours truly, keep good track of the amount of gold you have in your respective stash before starting a ladder char, and keep updating the brackets with your current amount of gold found by that char. This will work on the honor system, and will make it possible to participate in the ladder without doing a wipe.

5. Artistans and stash tabs- We are all in different phases of our game, and we are not going to stress out about this. Whether you have all your tabs and upgrades or none, I believe at it's core, especially in HC, this is not what will help you top the ladder. Whatever you have, you go ahead and use it.

Here's a link to an older vid py Kripp, back when I got back into the game and started playing self found hardcore... I hope this is the right vid at least...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2OCMa2kOTA

You players will be able to choose whether you want to play the ladder SC or HD, and the chars will be stored and ranked on the same ladder, with the HC guys having just a bit extra pride in knowing they haven't died yet, hehe.

Personally I will be playing HC, even though my own connection ain't stable enough for the moment, having lost 3 wizards and one dh due to dissconnects already. The choice is up to you, but I feel there is nothing like the rush knowing you're mortal, in order to enjoy this game. The ones playing SC will focus on the race towards Pl100 self found, which would be fun in itself

Vega.
    Last edited by Lord_Vega; 16-03-2013 at 11:45.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Re: A suggestion to you all: a SPF D3 SC/HC LADDER

Fixed D2 and HD typos.

Welcome to the senility club.

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

You the man, Thy! God knows Im starting to get too old for this crap :P
    Lets hope someone is interested, as I really want to make this work!

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

*waits for someone to point out I'm not a man*

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname

Youre all THE MAN to me, even if elite uniques How about this one joining the competition in order to gather some group morale, or even stating your opinion on it?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

I think it's a good idea.

The only thing that really interests me in the game is self found HC right now, although I don't think I'd play this still. I think you could probably run HC and SC together though, if nobody has any objections to it.

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    I think it's a good idea.

The only thing that really interests me in the game is self found HC right now, although I don't think I'd play this still. I think you could probably run HC and SC together though, if nobody has any objections to it.
    Thanks Kes! Perhaps the smart idea would indeed be to be merge the two ladders, and simply marks the bolder heroes with a little HC mark, thus making it a bit more populated. Why wouldn't you try to join the fun? I know I would love playing by your side, as well as others, trading amongst ourselves, and seeing how far we get... HC mainly, but also SC if needed. Would love to get some support from you great mods here! Heck, I might even roll a monk or a witch doctor, something I've never done before at all in D3!

BattleTag mordell-1747

Suggestion: People can play on servers that they haven't played on yet. If you have lots of progress on NA servers, start this ladder on the Asian or EU servers.

I think this is a great idea, but I won't be joining, at least not right away. I'm having too much fun with my SC-mostly-self-found characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SnickerSnack View Post
    Suggestion: People can play on servers that they haven't played on yet. If you have lots of progress on NA servers, start this ladder on the Asian or EU servers.

I think this is a great idea, but I won't be joining, at least not right away. I'm having too much fun with my SC-mostly-self-found characters.
    That is definitely an option for someone who isn't ready to start completely over from scratch, or who needs a back up plan. Me? I have already deleted all my old SC and HC chars and got rid of all my gold, so the only thing that's left are the artistants, but at this point, I think most of us have them maxed or near maxed.

Personally, I wouldn't want to play on a different server in HC, seeing as I am experiencing disconnects even on my own european server.

Would love to have you along, SnickerSnack!

BattleTag Aremi-2265

I did such account reset just right before the summer patch 1.0.4. Complete clear and wipe. Since then everything I got is SP SF, HC only, no AH, no trading.

I even leveled artisans again. This time in spreadsheet. For upgrades (BS, JC, stash) i just bought combination of pots in needed gold value and threw it away with tomes everytime. The gold is very limited and has real value then. The previously known plans should be allowed to use only once they drop again ofc.

It would be nice to join the ladder, but I've invested so much effort into in my SF characters.

I play all 5 classes, always on similar level, same acts while leveling. Since I've got 5x more loot than just one character, item ugrades are frequent and constant. I salvaged all useless loot and crafted. I have found some legendaries during leveling, all except two were upgrades. One legendary sword from Hell VoA even tripled my dps (from 3k to 10k), just before scary Belial. After that, in A3 Hell the 60+ loot was just too good. Currently having blast in A1 Inferno and I need to start farming better items for finishing the last 3 acts. Thus not even considering another reset now.
    However, I can only recommend SF HC.