Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    D3 Amazon &
    Demon Hunter Moderator
    BattleTag Dacar92-1368

Re: The Mad Bomber - A Grenade/Trap/Melee DH for Solo and Party Play

Well, they had their ideas on how the game should be played. Unfortunately those ideas limited the playability and re-playability of many character types.
    Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
    Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!

Snurrfint - Very interesting to hear that, yeah that would have made a huge difference for this build. Being able to use the sword at higher MP would be nice, that passive would help immensely with that. Actually that passive alone would open up a melee only build with no Spike traps or Grenades. That would be very cool. The problem would still be crowd control though. Even without the bow skills Demon Hunters still do a really good job of delivering different types of damage in a short window. That's one thing that they do really well versus the other classes and that's why its my favorite class.

Dacar92 - Thanks for the link.

IncGamers Member

This guide inspired me to try a melee DH. Very fun... Sure the speed isnt like other builds but who cares. As for crowd control i use Stun Grenades. I have been playing her at mp2 act 1 inferno and its a piece of cake. Companion is normally the boar. I know my build is different because i use xbow and quiver but just wanted to share.. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A...1/hero/2055716 I also tried it with Echoing Fury and Stormshield. Worked fine but the restrictions on skills annyed me. Very tanky though.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag fenrir-2588

I've actually tried a very similar build to this but didn't realize we could use melee weapons with this build! I'll def test it out.

I've been running with Gas Grenades and Echoing Blast. I think that this build would work awesome with Gloom. The bonus 30% reduction does wonders for tanking especially when combined with 15% reduction from Guardian Sentry and 20% reduction from Numbing Traps.

I don't even think you need a melee attack imo.

This guide inspired me to try a melee DH. Very fun... Sure the speed isn't like other builds but who cares.
    Awesome to hear, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought this. Its a different strategy running a tank type DH build, especially when you use the sentries and traps.

I've actually tried a very similar build to this but didn't realize we could use melee weapons with this build! I'll def test it out.
    One thing that I have picked up from the site is from an article by Flux about the controls in diablo 3. The article can be read here . After I switched my melee attack from my LMB to my RMB I noticed a much better play quality with this build. I can target those creepy crawly monsters better and not miss or run into them like when I used my LMB. Check out the article and be sure to try this if you use a melee attack.

This build is really a sub build of the DH tank class, I decided to use the regular melee attack to be different, but also for the free attack that uses no resources, resource management was one of the reasons I ended up trying this build out. Also another reason why I am not using Gloom, I just dont have the gear to support its constant use and I don't want to switch out any skills.

I agree with the utility of gloom though, a great skill for the tank class. I wish I could fit it into my build. Perhaps in the future. I totally can see others using it though with the proper gear and stats to support its constant use.

Instead of gloom I went with a sheild, more resistances, and as high of an armor value that I could scrape up. I also had a stormshield but I gave it away to a monk, I lost 11k damage when I equipped it. I might try another one later on after some crafting.

I think there a lot of variations on this theme for the DH, you can mix and match your skills a bit with this build/class. Its actually hard to define builds in this game with so much ease of changing your skills around.

I was having a ball playing this weekend with a monk friend who was using vortex. I was able to target my spike traps much more directly and really set up a good cross fire effect with my sentry artillery. It was nice. I was actually doing most of the killing because the monk was under-geared and had not played in ages.

I really like this build and the Demon Hunter tank class in general. I think it could really come back strong in higher MP with better itemization and some skill buffs. Personally I am fine with lower MP's myself.