Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag fenrir-2588

Re: Monk Passives on HC

I died with my monk(p32) with NDE and it really didn't help me much.

Here's my story:

I was farming keys in MP6 in the middle of one pack and doing fine. A second pack jumped in and I was in trouble. I blew all my cooldowns and ended up dying. NDE proc'd and revived me in the middle of both packs with all my skills still on cooldown. So I had no escapes and died about a second later.

The point being is that this was the first time and only time my NDE proc'd. The passive does give you some peace of mind but I am thinking about the actual usefulness of the passive.

I've had it proc a couple times. Once due to recklessness, and once due to a lag spike. Both times it saved my character only to have him/her die to a d/c or lag spike a day later.

Moral of the story: screw NDE unless you're using it in SC mp10 with an Exploding Palm build (vs. Reflect Damage mobs.)

BattleTag KornKills-1468

On my first bell monk, I procced NDE well over 10 times on reflect packs before I decided to start using serenity before Belling them. I also legit got owned and procced it twice on that monk.

I would rather have that 35% extra health pool and live, than have a passive that I also DONT really need as I have gone so many hours without using it before.

The safety net is just too nice, especially once you invest a large amount of time and gold into one character... it may not be as good as spirit vessel, but it WILL save you.

@King a few post above, if you died to a double pack it was not NDE's fault. You maybe shouldn't of been in mp6, or maybe you should of spaced your cool downs out, or maybe while serenity was going you should of ran. What passive in NDE's spot would have saved your monk from his/her heroic death?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag fenrir-2588

I agree it wasn't NDE fault but I just wanted to illustrate that in my case it wasn't that helpful.

Beacon of Ytar - lower CDs, especially on Serenity and Blinding Flash
    Pacifism - there was a lot of CCs being thrown around
    Resolve - 20% damaged reduction
    Six Sense - More dodge

It was a rough double-pack so I'm not sure if she was save-able in that situation but we'll never know