Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Self-Found build help

Decided i'd start playing D2 with one of my friends, looking for some advice. Going for self-found and no rushes. Currently my friend is playing a Javzon/Respec bowzon and I have yet to decide, so im wondering what class will synergize with his build? I'd rather not play a summoning necro or assassin. otherwise any suggestions appreciated! thanks

Re: Self-Found build help

Novamancer. Run down their hp, fury finishes them off. Lower resist makes fury even better.

Fury on novamancer? Blade fury/ lightning? :(
    /sadcoju

Poison Nova necro, and if he uses the Lower Resist curse the AMAZONS Lightning dmg will hurt alot more.
    Make sure to get Decoy on that amazon, and at least a golem for your necro.

Another good choice could be a Vengeance/Zeal Paladin. Using either Fanatiscm or Conviction aura.

Peace

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Disterric View Post
    I'd rather not play a summoning necro or assassin. otherwise any suggestions appreciated! thanks
    lol... everybody's talking about necro.

Anyway, the story is always the same. Necromancer (with curses) and paladins (with auras) are the most party friendly characters.
    If you have an "elemental" build with lower resist/conviction, if you have a phisical build with amplify damage/fanaticism.

So if you don't want to play with a necro, the best choice is obviously a paladin using conviction (and vengenace, or zeal if you plan to make an auradin).
    Else, just to use some less common build, i would try a build completely different. The ama has a ranged light damage, you could use a melee fire damage (i'm thinking of a fire claw druid).

No immunity problem (except for some lightning enchanted unique monsters), crowd control (2 mercs + bear + valk + druid) and a mass killing spell (the ama).

It could be funny

Erfel kinda nailed it!

Act2 merc's also uses auras, so combined with a Fanatiscm Paladin, you could easily get the combo of 3 auras on your whole team.
    HolyFreeze/Might/Fana as an example..

All necromancers use a golem, mandatory. Period.
    You cant be called a summoner unless you rely on summons to kill. Golems only tanks, or maybe slow/return dmg.

Druids are party friendly aswell. Oak sage.

Barbarians have Battle Orders, and Shout.

Peace

He actually said he doesn't want to play a summoner, not a necromancer in general.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh View Post
    He actually said he doesn't want to play a summoner, not a necromancer in general.
    Oh you're right, i'm sorry

Anyway, my thoughts are just the same... make something different, necro/pala synergies are over-used!

Mage paladin, combines the offensive with a hammerdin and the conviction for a java, and with the right equipment on switch you can take down the ubers, the drawback with such a build is the gear that can be hard to find, but its rewarding when you find something that you need.

- D.J.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Fizoo-1366

No summoning necro or assassin.

#1. Poison nova necro. Great dmg, you get decrepify, amp dmg, corpse explosion, and clay golem to slow. Bosses should be simple.
    #2. Bone spear necro. A lot less dmg but all the other things really help. And bone spear is really fun if you ignore the low dmg.
    #3. Paladin. The auras will boost the bowazons dmg.
    #4. Sorc. Bowazon does physical. You can provide the spell dmg to iPhyiscal mobs.
    #5. Barb. Will be tough with self-found, but you grant BO.
    #6. Fizzure druid. Great spell, but works best when monsters walk thru it. If they are held in place by a valkryie, its not so great. But you'll bring oak or wolverine.
    #7. Javazon. Since your friend will wind up a bowazon, they'll probably use a mix of multishot and freezing arrow. Thats physical and cold. You could actually be a javazon for lit dmg.