Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Where to find 3 to 4 Socket Shields in NM?

Hi, I am looking for a 3 or 4 socket shield in Nightmare. Where are they likely to drop? Or should I just craft a socketed shield? If so, what should I be looking for?

Finally is this area level list up to date? http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Area_Level

Thanks if you can offer useful facts.

IncGamers Member

Re: Where to find 3 to 4 Socket Shields in NM?

3 socketed shields are pretty easy to find. Go back to Act II normal and shop Charsi for a Large or Kite Shield. Since the game limits the ilvl in Normal you can still get normal, non-magical, shields. For four sockets you are going to want a Monarch shield as these are the lowest strength requirment shields that can have four sockets. Note also that a Monarch shield is an elite shield and is very prized for its ability to make the runeword spirit in.

As for the Area Level link it appears to be current. I have not played in a while, but the last change I remember to the Area Levels was the introduction of the Level_85 areas and this one has them. You can also use this link to tell what level of monster the item has to drop from to have which number of sockets.

IncGamers Member

Thank you. Will 4 socket Monarch shields drop in Nightmare? I haven't seen any.

Only hell.

Paladin Shields however, can get 4 sockets if it has an ilvl of 26+