Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MVP Drothvader suggests that Blizzard sells perfectly-rolled items @ New BoA AH

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Awful idea.
    I support this opinion.

Banned

Re: MVP Drothvader suggests that Blizzard sells perfectly-rolled items @ New BoA AH

Yeah. They should also sell "Elixirs of Experience", which make you level 100x faster for 24 hours. Now, you level to 60 in one hour, then you buy all the perfect BiS gear and... hmmm... probably run a bot to make some money. No reason to play the game, tough. XD

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quingu View Post
    Yeah. They should also sell "Elixirs of Experience"
    Careful, you might give Bobby K ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by Quingu View Post
    Yeah. They should also sell "Elixirs of Experience", which make you level 100x faster for 24 hours. Now, you level to 60 in one hour, then you buy all the perfect BiS gear and... hmmm... probably run a bot to make some money. No reason to play the game, tough. XD
    There is already items like that in all mmo games. It's old news.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    There is already items like that in all mmo games. It's old news.
    Really? I'm happy I quitted playing online games a long time ago.

IncGamers Member

I'd like to remind everybody that there is no "win" in D3. So it cannot be "pay2win". Why would I or anyone else care if somebody buys all their gear with real money?

I don't really care if the idea presented in OP would be implemented or not but I think we'll never see it in the game anyway.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    I'd like to remind everybody that there is no "win" in D3. So it cannot be "pay2win". Why would I or anyone else care if somebody buys all their gear with real money?

I don't really care if the idea presented in OP would be implemented or not but I think we'll never see it in the game anyway.
    Maybe not now, but since they're working on a real PVP this time, it would become instantly p2w.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post

There most certainly is a "win" that is: getting more wealth relativelly to the community - THUS getting richer. (If you amass items/coins slower than the average player in the long run you can afford less and less)..

Such a suggestion would really skew this competition over to those who have more real life benefits. (IE children who don't have to pay for a living yet).

I dunno, the only way you can afford less is for a player to try and move into the top 25% of the player-base very quickly. Even then its debate able right now in D3. Prices are down on everything but the most elite gear.

Entry level gear right now is super cheap, now is the time for newbies on the AH, there is virtually no competition right now. Its cheaper than ever to work your way up to good gear. By good gear I mean gear you would have never been able to afford the first few months, gear you could finish the game with while using your own gold you found along the way.

The problem is most players are high level right now with lots of competition for the high end stuff.

Major patches and/or a successful expansion should bring in more players and prices should rise even for the entry level gear. Might even actually be able to sell it on the AH regularly.

In every game there will be groups of players that are "elite" with the best stuff at the most expense or value. Some buy it, some find it, either way it doesn't bother me.

Once the game gets to a point where a average player can craft/re-roll items and do other things to get the needed stats for a build then this game will really take off. Self found is also a future goal for me as well. That's true joy right there. Finding everything and building everything yourself.