Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

MVP Drothvader suggests that Blizzard sells perfectly-rolled items @ New BoA AH

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8177537865

Quote Originally Posted by Drothvader
    I was thinking. Stuff in this game is EXPENSIVE!

I mean, crafting is a good start towards a gold sink... but why not take a play right out of the WoW handbook? Now before you get all upset and say "You just want to make this more like WoW" I have to say this. WoW has a massive playerbase, more than D3 could ever wish to have. There's a reason behind it. WoW is pretty much the PERFECT online game. Well, here's an adaptation of the WoW Black Market AH.

*~Cain's Lost Treasure Trove~*

Backstory:

Over the years the Horadric wonder that is Cain has been helping travelers identify the rare artifacts they happen to chance upon. Well, it just so happens Cain has happened upon some of them himself.

Upon searching Cain's archives, a secret bookshelf was found in New Tristram that leads to a wonderful trove of treasures!

Given the recent attacks on New Tristram by the relentless zombie horde lead by dreadful Skeleton King Leoric, this presents a unique opportunity for New Tristram to recuperate from their losses!

Now Cain's most valuable treasures are placed for auction in New Tristram!

The Liquidation of Cain's Treasures:

Basically this will be an auction house, but not just any ordinary auction house. The sellers are not players and do not receive any gold. The seller is the game itself.

Perfectly rolled Legendaries can be found here. However there's a catch, these Legendaries are BoA, and the bidding starts at 10m. There is no buyout.

You could possibly find such items as this BoA Manticore.

Manticore
    1138 DPS
    286-661 Poison Damage
    200 Dexterity
    11% Increased Attack Speed
    100% Critical Hit Damage
    3% Life Steal
    2 Sockets

Or maybe this BoA Witching Hour.

The Witching Hour
    305 Armor
    300 Intelligence
    200 Vitality
    9% Increased Attack Speed
    50% Critical Hit Damage
    80 All Resistance

How this will remove gold:

Players will be competing with each other for perfectly rolled Legendary Items. Since these are STUPIDLY rare, players will pay billions of gold for them.

There's not just a 15% gold sink, there's a 100% gold sink. Billions will be removed from the system in a matter of weeks thus removing the massive amounts of inflated gold the botters have so graciously given us.

Since these items are BoA, they will not reenter the system, but there's no reason to. They're perfect and cannot be beaten by anything currently in the game.

This will allow crafting to come down in price. I mean 20m for a single gem? No player is going to have 20m gold without selling tons of stuff on the AH. I also farm way more essences than I could ever craft with because I'm limited by my small flow of gold. I can't afford these things without giving in and playing the AH game.

So, what do you guys think? Can we set aside the hatred for this game becoming more like WoW and agree that a 100% gold sink is needed? Let me know your thoughts, and post your perfect versions of items!
    MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Re: MVP Drothvader suggests that Blizzard sells perfectly-rolled items @ New BoA AH

Worst idea I've read in a long time.

This will make the game pay2win. People will buy billions of cheap gold from botters and just get the best items, lose interest in the game after a few weeks and quit entirely.

IncGamers Member

Re: MVP Drothvader suggests that Blizzard sells perfectly-rolled items @ New BoA AH

So, he's annoyed that it's hard to amass gold without using the AH, but his solution is a roundabout way of introducing a gold sink?

Dude, why not just lower crafting costs, since that's the only thing you need gold for that isn't the AH? With the increased gem recipe drop rate I'm now always broke trying to upgrade my gems, which get really expensive in terms of gold, really quickly. If I were selling stuff on the AH it would be a pittance to upgrade gems, but since I'm not, the crafting costs do seem high. But I don't think the solution to this is to introduce another AH method...

horrible, just like his characters. Next.

IncGamers Member

Wow. So instead of D3 being ambiguously pay-2-win, Drothvader wants it to actually be pay-2-win? What a horrible idea.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Yeah, I have to say that I really dislike this idea.

Sounds like a great idea. But what does Boa mean?

BattleTag mordell-1747

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    Sounds like a great idea. But what does Boa mean?
    bind on account

IncGamers Member

This could be a neat idea if really limited. like once a week the auction opens for a few hours, or only a small amount of each legendary is sold. Blizzard could list the stuff a head of time so those with the gold could plan out, a monthly listings chart or something.

"SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! these perfect items will go on sale, one time only to get a perfect rolled (item name)"

this wouldnt be much of a gold sink cause of the rarity, and its not really play to win since only a handful will ever get them, but it may finally give the AH something to base item values from. if the perfect item sold for X and this one is missing this stat or that stat we'd have a good gauge cause we'd know what people are paying for perfects. blizzard could showcase it so it would be very helpful for everyone.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Awful idea.