Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

How to Fix the Auction issue between players.

Blizzard wants to address this issue about the Auction House, finally.

The best way to do this is to create 2 choices aside from Soft core and Hard Core characters, and that is "Soft Core Ladder" and "Hard Core Ladder". Pretty self explanatory here but these new choices will have NO Auction House AND a ladder system!!!! Finally all of us who want to abolish this Auction House system can have our piece of the pie. We get the best of both worlds for the players who enjoy the convenience of Auction House play and the players who want absolutely no Auction House all self found items to gloat and gleam about. What say you? If you think this idea is good or maybe it should be adjusted in some way, lets get this to the d3 devs for this change.

BattleTag Flexy-2748

Re: How to Fix the Auction issue between players.

I wouldn't play ladder because I like my items and I like to sell.
    That being said, I wouldn't mind if Blizz would implement a ladder system without AH to shut up the haters.

ladder is a crap system. lol@ AH whine, it's been coming to 1 year and idiots are still at it.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by raveharu View Post
    ladder is a crap system. lol@ AH whine, it's been coming to 1 year and idiots are still at it.
    fanboy says what ?

IncGamers Member slevin kelevra's Avatar
    BattleTag FooBear408-1353

I'd be happy with some sort of comparison in the auction house, don't know why they don't put that into it?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364049275.360825.jpg

i'm kind of a big deal.

BattleTag Greer-1174

If they add the compare feature in 1.08 I think AH is where it should have been.

We always used to trade in D2 ladder. Not sure where this idea of not trading came from...

IncGamers Member

The AH revenue for blizzard is probably in an all-time low for them to admit that it presents a problem to the game when most players see the AH as the main source of item finding.

But dont expect any changes like "No-AH" tag, it will never happen, they know that both AHs present a huge design nightmare to solve in a loot-hunting game but I am sure they will never do an option like that.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

I still can't understand why the AH is an issue for anyone. If you don't like it, then don't use it. You want to play self found? Then play self found. It didn't "ruin" anything. If you want to trade face to face with people and sometimes wait for DAYS or WEEKS to actually get the value your item deserves... oh wait, you can still do that.

Since about a year after D2 launched there were third party websites selling gear on EBay and their own websites (D2legit.com anyone...?). Just wanted to remind those that keep complaining that the AH brought about the "pay to win" system. A concept that D3 haters always seem to call attention to. A "no AH" button doesn't need to exist. Exercise self-control and play self found if that's what you think D3 needs to be "fixed".

The only thing I miss about D2 that I wish they would bring back is the social aspect. Lobbies to just chat and talk ****, and creating names for games. I feel like they intentionally tucked the social aspect of the game into a small corner (meaning the tiny chat box that took me forever to get used to). With 4 player games that you're randomly tossed into (reminding me of console online play) there is much less available to choose the type of experience you want to play.

I think a more robust social system would improve more than a ladder system or no-AH function. Ladder climbers just want a global pedestal to be recognized, and those that don't want an AH just need more restraint.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't mentioned it for a while, since I've been completely captured by the AH after early months of resistance, but I still think an Ironborn character designation would be awesome. Hard to add it in now, but maybe with D3X when people were more willing to start fresh?

http://www.diablowiki.net/Ironborn
    --Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

IncGamers Member

I like the AH system because trading for anything in D2 was too much of an inane hassle to bother with, so I'm happy to actually get something in exchange for random items of worth I find. However... the RMAH rewards exploitation of the system and makes life crap for people who don't have the desire to play The One True Farmbarb for hours on end. I'd have been much happier with a small subscription fee, no RMAH, and more meaningful gold sinks in game. I'd pay in-game gold regularly to buy a shrine buff on myself, for instance. Or add sockets. Or reforge stats on items. Or stat-guaranteed crafting. Or appearance customization. Or anything of entertainment value instead of clicking 30 times to upgrade my gems individually for every alt.