Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

HC Wizards Unite - Raining Meteors

Ive finally found a WIZ build that I can play and its rather FUN as well. Doesn't involve a lot of kiting and has decent kill speed at least on MP0 in act 1 Inferno. Im headed to the Butcher now and havent had ANY OHH S moments so far.. Heres my build ---> http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/H.../hero/31542230 I found this on the web searching for Meteor Wiz builds. The guy that created it called it Raining Meteors and you can literally SPAM meteors on their pumkin heads till all is dead. I occassionally run out of mana if I dont get Crits but usually they are all dead before that happens. I currently have 33% Crit Hit Chance, 200% Crit Hit Damage. This Killing Skill paired up with Diamond Skin works really well. Its sort of a Crit Mass Varient build but its very fun and Im enjoying it so far.. We'll see once I get to act 2 Inferno how it goes but so far so good and Id advise anyone thats tried the WIZ and met frustration to give this one a shot..

BattleTag o0mpie-2478

Re: HC Wizards Unite - Raining Meteors

The Butcher? You'd better watch out for The Bride with that character

IncGamers Member

It would be cool to see more discussion of HC Wizard builds around here. I've been thinking of making one and never see discussions about builds people are using.

What do people use for leveling these days?

Well it was fun while it lasted !! Made Para 4 and got deeded by an arcane sentry in the Depths levels 2.. But I will definately remake this build now that Ive figured out how it works..

Quote Originally Posted by oOmpie View Post
    The Butcher? You'd better watch out for The Bride with that character
    Someone got it at least ...

I wish I could contribute something useful to this thread, but I had a hard time with my wizard once I was in Inferno.

What I used to level didn't really matter since I found a solid RL 2H axe that made half of NM and all of Hell a breeze. I just evaporated everything with whatever skill I felt like using. Meteor shower was the most visually impressive, so I ended up using that to bomb elites.

I've been trying to make an arcane torrent centered build, but it ain't working.

I guess no one can see my deeded toon anymore so heres the build I was using... I got too deep into act 3 at level 60(4) which is unfortunately my main problem- pushing too hard with not enuff life,levels,resists... I had 595 all resists or better, 40k life, 39K dps, 35% crit hit chance - 200% crit hit damage, about 7k armor. I think with these skills Meteor was down to about 24 mana per meteor and very spamable.. I could spam about 10 meteors before running outta mana.. Very fun build, and Im restarting tonight and Im on vacation for 9 days !! RAWR !!!!!

Meteor - Starpact
    Teleport - Fracture
    Slow Time - TimeWarp
    Storm Armor - Power of the Storm
    Diamond SKin - Prism
    --------
    Magic Weapon - Blood magic - as I had no life leech on my weapon this works good now
    Crit Mass - Because of the cool downs
    Astral Presence - mana regen

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Malentros-1414

Hmm looks like fun, I'm may try something similar with my Wiz. She's feeling mighty squishy compared to my WD at the moment.

IncGamers Member

Very cool. Please update us as you progress.

If anyone has come across some good Blizzard builds please post those as well. I've found some on various sites but I'm not sure how current that information is. It seems like there's not a lot of HC build discussion going on anywhere.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talope View Post
    It seems like there's not a lot of HC build discussion going on anywhere.
    I know, not enough to read up on while at work =\