Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Re: HC Wizards Unite - Raining Meteors

Oh no! That's terrible :-(. Well all four of my wizard attempts have failed so far. My barb has made it to 60:1 and is now happily farming away in Act 1: MP0. I plan on making another wizard this weekend, so hopefully I'll have learned my lesson and play more conservatively. Intenulgen - how possible do you think a self-found cmww is? I'm thinking I'll have to settle for Archon, but my ultimate goal will be a cmww wiz.

sent from my GalaxySIII

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Oh noes!

Getting cocky is maybe the most often made mistake in HC, but it has to happen to everyone at least once... Going off solo in a MP6 multiplayer game with a wizard, now that is pretty overconfident I'd reckon :-)

GL with the rebuild and luckily you've got some other nice characters to farm with while you rebuild your wizz.

IncGamers Member

Judge my build!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...gjO!Yfg!baaZZY
    Firstly, I know there are two empty slots. I left them blank because I can't decide what would best fit in them. I've contemplated diamond skin - prism and critical mass, which would increase survivability slightly and decrease the time I spend not using arcane torrent, but I'm not sure how the damage absorption will apply in relation to the force armor rune in energy armor.

I've also considered temporal flux as a passive, and adding some tertiary source of arcane damage, but I don't think I really want to split my attention between two main damage spells. Another reason against this is simply that this build is slightly lacking in defensive capabilities.

Yet another option I've considered is using slow time as an active skill, and slotting the time warp skill, which increases damage dealt to enemies in the bubble. I would likely choose critical mass in conjunction therewith, so as to increase the uptime of the damage buff from slow time, but another thing to consider is that, in such a situation, slow time would be my only ability with a cooldown, and therefore I would not be getting the full value from critical mass.

However, to explain the parts of the build which are already chosen, I have selected spectral blade with siphoning blade because spectral blade itself has a relatively high damage output when compared with other signature spells, and siphoning blade is preferred to the other runes available for that skill simply because spectral blade would only be used whenever I lack the arcane power required for arcane torrent.

I choose hydra with arcane hydra because it is a standing, low maintenance damage source which would benefit from the arcane damage bonus given by arcane torrent's disruption rune (15% for 6 seconds after the target is hit by arcane torrent)

Energy armor has, admittedly, little to do with the previously mention skills, but it is exceedingly valuable when considered in conjunction with my plans for my character. Force armor, which limits the damage of any hit dealt to me to a maximum of 35% of my maximum health, is more than meets the eye. If I equip my character with little or no extra armor or resistances, and stack on ridiculous amounts of life regeneration, then I will simply heal myself more quickly than the 35% of my health that any given hit can deal. Imagine, 3,000 maximum health and 6,000 life per second. 35% of my health being exactly 1050 damage, creatures would have to hit me more than six times per second to overpower my regeneration. Realistically, however, there is the slight chance that four creatures will simply hit me simultaneously, but my character's freedom to stack dps instead of defenses should hopefully take care of the vast majority of mobs.

Any thoughts?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: Judge my build!

I moved it to the D3 HC forum for ya.

I've not played a HC wiz, and nothing even close to this build, so I don't have much advice.

Do you really need force armor though? I guess it depends on your ehp, but it seems unnecessary to me if you have enough ehp to not die to other stuff.

Edit: Guess I missed your last paragraph, sorry.

Force armor got nerfed a long time ago, but the tooltip doesn't really reflect it very well. Check this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5568798748

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Im fairly convinced that the WIZARD really sucks and is an unplayable class at this point.. I just rebuilt again with a Wiz and died again at level 52 in Hell act 4 to an Arcane enchanted sentry... Ive tried soooooooo many times to get a WIZ in Inferno but I cannot seem to get one that stays alive...Many diffferent builds, skill sets, etc, I think the WIZ is a waste of time .....

Not sure, I got my second Wizard to Inferno and completed it with ease. I found her actually quite suitable and easy to play. My first Wizard died rather young at 17 or so, but my second completed Inferno at Paragon 4. I went a life regeneration route on equipment and regenerated 3k a second roughly.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Towen-2842

Well i am back up to lvl 60 with my new wiz http://www.diablo3ladders.com/hero/t...42/eu/29245931 Bit low on HP and DPS but I have a good foundation on IAS and Crit Chance to work off. Just need to make it into inferno and see what mp I can farm so paragons on and hopefully pick up some upgrades the way.

Towen

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

good job mate :-) I've actually decided my side char will be a DH, since they look fun and I can use items from my monk.

IncGamers Member

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skill...MrMjA4NDc3KzE=
    what do you guys think about this build? it's basically a kiting arcane mage, with a little lightning damage included because it works especially well with prodigy. Nothing special, really, but I think it would at least be valid in hell with reasonable gear. Any thoughts from the wizarding world?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

I think for HC it's a little weak, and a bit confusing. With two AP spenders and a signature spell I don't know how you plan to get use out of every skill. I understand dropping a Hydra and kiting, but with Arcane torrent, meteor, and electrocute how will you manage to use all three AND kite. Meteor is a pretty heavy AP spender, and Arcane torrent requires you to stand still. Meteor also kind of sucks for kiting since you need your enemies to stand in place or move predictably to actually deal damage. You might be better off trying this variant on your idea:

Replace chain lightning with shock pulse: living lightning - this allows you to cast a couple lightnings and kite.
    Use the arcane mines rune for Arcane torrent - also allows you to place mines and move...340% damage is huge too!
    Maybe replace Meteor with Blizzard: snow bound for big AoE damage and a snare to make better use of your arcane mines.

On another note I've started my 5th attempt at a HC wizard: Dazani (yea, I was staring at my Dasani water bottle at the time :-P). She just got to 30 last night and with the kiting power of blizzard and hydra I'm feeling better about making it to 60 this time. Self-found MP10 as well.

sent from my GalaxySIII