Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Re: HC Wizards Unite - Raining Meteors

Quote Originally Posted by Towen View Post
    Ah ok In That case I am about spot on with my 80k health! I am still interested to hear from more learned cm wizards

Towen
    well cm is VERY gear dependent. If you can, try to aim for the 2.73 aps breakpoint. As for your current build: Why are you using two different armor spells? You can only have one active and since your main damage dealer relies on crits, why not use something else that takes advantage of that too? You could swap glass cannon for cold blooded. You wouldn't need prismatic armor anymore and could put blizzard on right click (with the bigger AoE rune). You could then use storm armor shocking aspect for an extra chance call down lighting when you crit with blizzard or electrocute forked lighting.

sent from my GalaxySIII

Hey guys, normally I'm just a D2 single-player forum junkie, but decided to go back to D3 and play Hardcore. Settled on a Wizard and got her through Act 4 Inferno the other day. Here is a link to her.

Rather fun character to say the least, was only my second attempt at a wizard, and first past act 1 normal, the Anomaly did save my hide 4 times though from once in Act 2, twice in Act 3 and once in Act 4. The regeneration she had along with resistances and armor were more than a match for the acts for the most part along with a bit of cautious play.

Sorry for the question, but what is CM? That has been used a few times and no idea what it refers to.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Gratz on completing A4 inferno with your wiz, nice effort!

CM stands for critical mass which is the passive used to reduce cooldowns to create a constant freeze wizard. I'm not into the details but VERY high attack speed and crit chance are required, then you can perma-freeze monsters. I've played with CM wizards, very convenient when monsters are frozen all the time :-)

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Towen-2842

Thanks for the advice tougeznut but I messed up and provided a link to a random wiz that looks nothing like mine!!

here is the correct link to my wiz http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/t.../hero/21868301

Your comments are still useful but I have no idea how I will able able to get my aps up to 2.73!

I am trying a cmww build but am too scared to try shocking armour instead of energy armour as I don't feel I am the mitigation to drop it yet. Farming upto mp4 and ubers on mp5.

put a cheeky bid in for a 1.77 chant will which will get me up to aps of 2.5 - probably get out bid though as I only have enough funds to bid for about 1/3 of it's true value. Will let you know if I get lucky!

Towen

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

We're up all night to get lucky

Song came to my mind when I read your post :-)

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Quote Originally Posted by Towen View Post
    Thanks for the advice tougeznut but I messed up and provided a link to a random wiz that looks nothing like mine!!

here is the correct link to my wiz http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/t.../hero/21868301

Your comments are still useful but I have no idea how I will able able to get my aps up to 2.73!

I am trying a cmww build but am too scared to try shocking armour instead of energy armour as I don't feel I am the mitigation to drop it yet. Farming upto mp4 and ubers on mp5.

put a cheeky bid in for a 1.77 chant will which will get me up to aps of 2.5 - probably get out bid though as I only have enough funds to bid for about 1/3 of it's true value. Will let you know if I get lucky!

Towen
    :-) now that I see your wizard it'll be much easier to give advice. Ok, for more mitigation swap out diamond skin shards for crystal shell. You'll be able to absorb twice as much damage. Shards is only really usable if you're face rolling everything and even then it's just better to move up an MP rather than use shards... it really gimps you.

Next, I'm hoping you lose the bid on that wand so you can put that gold towards a three piece Zuni set. It'll give you a bunch of all res (which you need badly) and will probably help with your dps too. Buy the boots with armor if you can, the ring with as much attack speed as you can afford, and a chest with high vit and hopefully armor or life %. I'm completely unaware of HC gold prices, so that may be much more expensive than it would be on Americas SC. You'll get at least 185 all res (70 armor, 60 ring, 55 set bonus).

That won't get you up to the 2.5 aps breakpoint though. You'd need a new amulet for that. If you have enough gold for it after these upgrades, you may be able to afford all res, or high armor BT pants instead of the high dex ones you're wearing now.

If this helps you understand anything about CM, it should be that it's REALLY expensive to have good mitigation and good dps :-\. My SC wiz is altogether pretty close to a billion SC gold.

I'm kind of hesitant to give any more advice regarding skills until I try it out in HC first. Some of the skills I use in SC wouldn't work in HC just because of the risk that comes along with them. Good luck with your wiz though!

sent from my GalaxySIII

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Towen-2842

ok so the good news is I lost the bid on wand but the bad news is EU HC AH is a lot more expensive than US SC (x5 - x10 at a guess) so those items a way out of the price range atm. Looks like I will be grinding for a while to save up the pennies for shiny gear! Still at least I know what is next on my shopping list.

Towen

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Towen-2842

My Wiz Dinged paragon 40 last night, just need to find upgrades within my merger budget or get lucky with the drops. Although I've got a feeling I am going to have to stick with my current gear for a while.

Towen

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Gratz, reaching 40 with a wizard is a lot harder than with a monk or barb I'd say :-)

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Towen-2842

Well I R.I.P'ed last night at paragon 46. Completely my fault, you can read my stupidity here

So not going too great right now, but I will be back stronger than ever. Funny things is I miss my self found Chantodo's Force more then my Char!!

Towen