Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Re: HC Wizards Unite - Raining Meteors

So Im back to level 52 and after messing around with skills a bit Ive just discovered the greatness of Temporal Flux with Arcane Hydra. This build is ripping thru Hell act 1 atm but IM curious how it will be in Inferno. Im considering something along the likes of Temporal Flux, Cm, and Astral Presence for passives. Arcane Orb/ Tap the source as my main attack, Arcane Hydras second attack, Diamond Skin/Crystal shell, Magic Weapon/Force weapon, Storm Armor/Shocking aspect, Frost Nova/Cold snap ...

Ive tried so many different builds but never tried the Arcane Line of spells in Inferno. Are they effective in Inferno or are we slotted to Cm, Cold/Fire builds or Archon as a Wiz ??

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

You haven't seen me back in HC for a long time, but I have tried some of the arcane ones. Hydra is quite beastly with temporal flux. Add in blizzard and you can have everything slowed down to a crawl in no time. I'm however really disappointed every time I've tried arcane orb. It just lacks oomph, you know. Even with tap the source, the 20 AP cost seems like too much for only 200% weapon damage. The only rune I've felt is worth using is the obliterate rune, but at 35 AP it almost makes more sense to use meteor: star pact for the better visual and over time damage.

sent from my GalaxySIII

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Aahzmadius-1570

I couldn't get Arcane Orb to work well in inferno, primarily due to its low proc rate. I've seen a wizard using Arcane Torrent, and maybe you can work in the mines, but I wouldn't plan on using AO in inferno. It worked pretty well for me in Hell, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahzmadius View Post
    I couldn't get Arcane Orb to work well in inferno, primarily due to its low proc rate. I've seen a wizard using Arcane Torrent, and maybe you can work in the mines, but I wouldn't plan on using AO in inferno. It worked pretty well for me in Hell, tho.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/H.../hero/37834667

Yea after entering Inferno I quickly realized that the Arcane Skills really, really Suck !! I have 19 APOC atm and I couldn't keep my bulb full after one pack of monsters... SIGH .. I really don't like Wicked Wind either, seems to drain my AP rather easily. Whats the BEST APOC generator at this point in D3? Im set on using CM, Diamond Skin, Skocking aspect, Frost Nova, and Magic Weapon so Im ready to try mostly anything at this point that will keep me Alive .......

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Best is wicked wind... the next best is living lightning.

sent from my GalaxySIII

Ok so Wicked W seems to drain my AP really fast . Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I assume I cannot spam it like I do Living Lightning?? I can lay on the Livning lightning button and never run out of AP as it s a Primary skill.. So with Wicked is it more like spam spam, switch to another skill, rinse repeat. Whats the key to refilling my Orb with WW?? I have like 26 Crit hit chance and 150 Crit damage and I realize these numbers need to go up a lot still...

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Well living lightning doesn't cost AP, so that's the biggest difference. If you want WW to build AP you need to consider some different factors. If you're trying to do the CMWW type build you'll need around 35% crit chance, and 2.5 aps at least to have it work right. It only gets better with more attack speed and crit, but in HC that's a very expensive game.

For WW to build AP it has to keep hitting enemies... so they have to be frozen, or not moving. If you aren't running a perma freeze build, then living lightning makes more sense to build AP for meteor strikes and the like. Just throw a few lightning things out and cast a few meteors. Rinse, repeat.

sent from my GalaxySIII

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Aahzmadius-1570

Hey, TDS, welcome back to 60! Are you trying to go full-on CM/ET? If so, you've got the crit chance for it, but the attack speed is lacking. Several of your items have the CC/CD combo, and while that's great for Archon mode, it's not as hot for perma-freeze. As Tougeznut mentions above, you want to shoot for at least the 2.51 APS breakpoint, so gear for CC/IAS if possible. The Chantodo's wand is a good start, although if you can scrounge up a 1.7 APS one, so much the better (has the IAS mod). You might be all right if you're going for some hybrid-type skillset, although I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge outside of implementing the cookie-cutter wizard builds.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Thanks to TDS and his crazy perseverance with wizards I decided to get back into HC, albeit not SF this time around.

Also, thanks to his freebies and a bit of rushing last night, I've made it back into hell. Currently level 53 and just made it into A2.

To TDS: that goldskin you gave me that you said "sucks, lol!" ...yea, I sold it for 14m. I had 20k gold and really wanted funds for 60 gear this time around. I'll be happy to hand over the gold, but otherwise I'll put it towards keeping this wiz alive.

sent from my GalaxySIII

Quote Originally Posted by tougeznut View Post
    To TDS: that goldskin you gave me that you said "sucks, lol!" ...yea, I sold it for 14m.
    Haha touché !! keep the gold as a gift I was going to Charsi it anyways ...