Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: HC Wizards Unite - Raining Meteors

Gratz on 30, but are you taking into account the +20% arcane damage applying to ALL of those other spells (except electrocute) and star pact reducing meteor's casting cost to 35 AP?

Edit: Not to mention temporal flux benefiting all those spells with move speed reduction

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

What 20% are you talking about? If you're referring to the familiar's attack, then 20% weapon damage is hardly worth considering if you're giving up the 12% dps boost using sparkflint. It's not an extra 20% boost. It's just 20% weapon damage per attack. Also temporal flux's snare is pretty nice, but using Blizzard would have the same effect. Not to mention the occasional stun from living lightning would keep most monsters from moving around too much.

Star pact is a good enough rune, but I've tried it with so many different builds and it just doesn't deal enough damage. For the same damage and AP cost I'd rather use arcane orb: obliterate. It doesn't have any cast delay and is much easier to aim (not to mention a larger AoE).

sent from my GalaxySIII

IncGamers Member

oops, sorry I didn't specify, I was referring to the +20% bonus to all arcane damage given by arcane torrent (disruption) but come to think of it, arcane orb would indeed be a better option than meteor.

Edit: the more I think about it though, the more I realize that on console, I won't have quite as much freedom as far as aiming is concerned, so spraying everything with arcane torrent might take so long that by the time I cast arcane orb, the damage bonus from disruption will probably have worn off... I think I'll trade that extra damage dealer for something like diamond skin or maybe even archon... idk

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Towen-2842

Quote Originally Posted by Towen View Post
    Well i am back up to lvl 60 with my new wiz http://www.diablo3ladders.com/hero/t...42/eu/29245931 Bit low on HP and DPS but I have a good foundation on IAS and Crit Chance to work off. Just need to make it into inferno and see what mp I can farm so paragons on and hopefully pick up some upgrades the way.

Towen
    And he is dead! The game locked whilst i was in the middle of a pack of elites freezing them with easy. I was with a couple of friends but alas but the time i had restarted the game my Wiz was dead. OH well, back to lvling a new one, hope when the next one dies it is my fault.

Towen

BattleTag Jotunn-2915

Oh no! Those Ice Climbers I gave you barely lasted a day!

Towen helping the HC economy by removing items the hard way ;P

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Towen-2842

Yeah sorry about that Clayton - if fact I don't think they lasted the hour! If you want to vendor an item but can't be bothered just give it to me and I will carry it with me to my grave!

Towen

IncGamers Member

dang, bro, thats harsh :( R.I.P. on your wizard, and may you find more luck in the future

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Tougeznut-1970

Ouch Towen! Hope the next one has better luck.

sent from my GalaxySIII

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

RIP! Didn't know this yesterday :/ Do you know what caused the lockup?

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Towen-2842

Nope, but it hasn't happened since so hopefully it is a one off.