Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Clan Officer - US East Hardcore TheDarkSide's Avatar
    BattleTag Hellswraith-1116

Re: HC Wizards Unite - Raining Meteors

Quote Originally Posted by Talope View Post
    Very cool. Please update us as you progress.
    OK Ill update the thread since the server is down. I died at NM Belial last night level 44 wearing my Cain leveling gear.. Started over and back to level 27 as of logging out last night .. I didnt realise I was in deep poo until I glanced down at my life bulb which was sitting at 12k max before Belail sunk his arms into the ground.. It was painless and over quickly.. Lesson learned - dont fight act bosses with leveling Gear on ...

BattleTag RoomsOfRuin-1702

Quote Originally Posted by Talope View Post
    If anyone has come across some good Blizzard builds please post those as well. I've found some on various sites but I'm not sure how current that information is. It seems like there's not a lot of HC build discussion going on anywhere.
    Here's the blizzard/forked lightning build my newest incarnation has been using:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/R.../hero/31658198

She's currently farming A3 mp1 pretty safe and efficient. I solo'd a4 and inferno D (mp0) with her last week and didn't have much of a problem. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the build; forked lightning is pretty brutal if you can get your CHC above 50%. The 4 second cooldown on teleport from my source has also proven to be very beneficial.

IM about this -----------------------------------------------------> close to giving up on the ultra squishy Wizard. I deeded again at level 62 this morning and Im tired of leveling this ***** back to 60 only to die over and over.. As fun as they are they are severley squishy and lack life, defense, and are one shot away from deeds.... IM rolling again at level 8 but close to saying F the WIZ for a bit and playing my barb !!!!

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkSide View Post
    F the WIZ for a bit and playing my barb !!!!
    I was just thinking that exact same thing...
    Eschew obfuscation!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooms Of Ruin View Post
    Here's the blizzard/forked lightning build my newest incarnation has been using:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/R.../hero/31658198
    I tweaked my build a little bit to add more attacks than just star pact and changed the
    roon to Meteor shower once I got some more APOC , currently on my way to get Kulles body
    parts with little troubles so far ...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/H.../hero/32303724

Also went with the Templar over the Enchantress and not really noticing the armor bonus difference and liking that he will occassionally stand in the way of something...

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Why not a scoundrel with freeze? My wizard has been sitting at lvl 54 for a long time now, but she was doing fine with the scoundrel. Used blizzard/hydra, but when I pick her up I will explore some different skills. I'm a sucker for channeling spells, blizzard mentioned something about improving them in one of the next patches.

Well Im done with the Wiz 60(5) as I just deeded in Inferno act 3 tower level 1 to a pack of Hulking Phase Beast wallers frozen desecrater extra health arseholes ,,,, Ive tried so many Wiz builds only to end up dead so Im going BArb all the way for now on ... Way too frustrating playing the ohh so Squishy Wiz ....

bleh !!!

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Malentros-1414

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkSide View Post
    Well Im done with the Wiz 60(5) as I just deeded in Inferno act 3 tower level 1 to a pack of Hulking Phase Beast wallers frozen desecrater extra health arseholes ,,,, Ive tried so many Wiz builds only to end up dead so Im going BArb all the way for now on ... Way too frustrating playing the ohh so Squishy Wiz ....

bleh !!!

That sucks man. Yeah I've learned to make sure I have a back up for the back up of my back up plan. For my Wizard, Frozen is the one type that I'm not sure I have that for. Currently I'm using Teleport as first backup, duplicates from Teleport-Fracture rune as second backup, Diamond Skin as third backup and Unstable Anomaly for that special fourth backup.

Without Unstable Anomaly I just don't feel safe against Frozen affix elites in Hardcore.

On my Witch Doctor, Mass Confusion (Paranoia) takes care of elite packs so easily, it feels almost unfair.

IncGamers Member

Well I did try Spectral Blades/Meteor build once and I got hammered so hard I decided not to make a wizie again. My barb kept going and I managed to make of of the best DH's in Europe. That's DH's only problem was that I was in charge and I am dumb, so I managed to kill him, even with 84k hp and almost 300k dps. So then there was the barb again, all alone in the world. With what was left from my gold, I decided to waste it all either on a WD or a Wiz. I chose the latter.

I did try other builds while making it (did all quests with no farming or advancing in acts for faster exp). No success. So I went the same way so many others have taken, maybe the easy way, the archon way: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/P.../hero/26440267

I must say I am quite happy with this char. It farms mp1 really fast ans so far with no trouble at all. My only problem is that it is not at all a coop char. I have to do the killing to keep archon up, so wither I solo or I team up with tanks that kill slow. I did play team the other day and within the 4 team members there was the 2nd best DH in Europe and it was silly for me: only could hit minions with blades and just rarely, hehehe

Be that as it may, when my barb hits PL 50, I will exp this wiz at least till 30, if I don't die in the process. Cheers and good luck for your wizies!

Quote Originally Posted by jrsilva View Post
    I must say I am quite happy with this char. It farms mp1 really fast ans so far with no trouble at all. My only problem is that it is not at all a coop char. I have to do the killing to keep archon up, so wither I solo or I team up with tanks that kill slow. I did play team the other day and within the 4 team members there was the 2nd best DH in Europe and it was silly for me: only could hit minions with blades and just rarely, hehehe
    Well, you'll get credit towards your archon timer as long as you are in range of kills by a party member. Soon...