Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Why the proposed item changes don't change a thing.

when are they gonna fix the class specific items having another class's primary stat? if i see one more WD item with 180+ str and 20 int im gonna cry. im one of those self found guys so i dont have uber gear but too often i ID an item that would be a stellar upgrade except it has str/dex instead of int.

BattleTag Ignatius-1870

It's going to take an entire gear wipe through expansion release to escape from under the shadow of the Manticore. Just a real bad item that isn't going to go away anytime soon. Though speaking of OP Manticores... http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/%...%A1%B4/2816295 This guy clearly hasn't gotten the memo. :P

Luckily, every slot isn't in as bad a state, and so I don't think it's all doom and gloom, as there are still other legs that will be fairly quality.

Such as:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/holy-beacon
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/quetzalcoatl

So while it's definitely not a real fix to the problems, it's still a nice thing, since it gives players higher odds of getting something good when you have more potentially useful legs dropping that aren't automatically garbage because it's ilvl 59 or whatever.

It will take a new set of better designed legendaries that hopefully incorporate more interesting affixes they've been talking about, but in the meantime, looking through some of the potential low level legs, I can't really complain, since there's some seriously powerful items in there.

This thread goes more in-depth on what will be good when this change goes into effect: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...7999757?page=1

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ertide View Post
    To me, it seems like Blizzard knows exactly what they're doing; releasing more powerful items(in this case 'fixed itemization') in each patch so people will buy the next best thing via AH. Which equates to more money for Blizzard. That's really the only thing that makes sense to me.
    I've felt this way for a while now. I will continue to feel this way until magic/rares get some interesting affixes. Buffing legendaries is nothing more than AH bait.

IncGamers Member

I'm not sure how less junk, better values, more useful mods, more new legendaries, and better crafting are things to be negative about, but when you set out to be negative, all you will wind up seeing is negativity.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soval View Post
    I'm not sure how less junk, better values, more useful mods, more new legendaries, and better crafting are things to be negative about, but when you set out to be negative, all you will wind up seeing is negativity.
    It's not a negative thing in itself. It's negative because of how long it's taking them to address this issue that everybody wanted by launch. And doubly more negative in the manner in which they are doing it, and seemingly creating plateaus then raising these plateaus every so often to generate more revenue via AH.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ertide View Post
    It's not a negative thing in itself. It's negative because of how long it's taking them to address this issue that everybody wanted by launch.
    Which is not what the OP was arguing at all.
    And doubly more negative in the manner in which they are doing it, and seemingly creating plateaus then raising these plateaus every so often to generate more revenue via AH.
    And that's not a reasonable conclusion on your part.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soval View Post
    Which is not what the OP was arguing at all.
    And that's not a reasonable conclusion on your part.
    Meh, not gonna argue with you. You have your opinions, the rest of us have ours.

IncGamers Member

I don't see why it's so difficult to understand.

Stated design goal: Make players excited about more drops, make players disappointed less often by junk items.

Proposal: Make more junk items drop that are not exciting, and the same number or less that are exciting.

Now if the proposal was more good rares (higher floors on affixes + new mods could do this), more good legendaries (which requires understanding what makes the existing ones good), we'd be getting somewhere. That isn't happening. Instead we got a guy saying Demon Hunters would want a Hellrack if it could have ilvl 63 parameters. Even though it already can, and no Inna's Panties are being creamed for it.

BattleTag Leviathan-1356

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hazani View Post
    I don't see why it's so difficult to understand.

Stated design goal: Make players excited about more drops, make players disappointed less often by junk items.

Proposal: Make more junk items drop that are not exciting, and the same number or less that are exciting.

Now if the proposal was more good rares (higher floors on affixes + new mods could do this), more good legendaries (which requires understanding what makes the existing ones good), we'd be getting somewhere. That isn't happening. Instead we got a guy saying Demon Hunters would want a Hellrack if it could have ilvl 63 parameters. Even though it already can, and no Inna's Panties are being creamed for it.
    You keep fixating on the one instance where it's clear that an item will need to be introduced to beat out a currently existing one. We get the point that the Manticore is ridiculously overpowered. No changing of any existing non-ilvl63 bows, crossbows, or hand crossbows will change that.

Okay.

But can you possibly accept the fact that some good in other slots could possibly come from this introduction of lower level Legendaries being able to roll up to a better potential? If anything, at least it's presenting more choices for players to make. The choice is obvious when it comes to Demon Hunter weapons. It's not so obvious in other slots for other classes.

Therefore, this proposal isn't so negative as to warrant not even going forward with it at all.

IncGamers Member

I must be missing something but why can't an item level 63 Hellrack compete with a Manticore? Suppose they raise the base stats and the IAS&Damage bonuses to the same level as Manticore, then Hellrack would have virtually the same DPS potential (with Dex&CHD roll) as Manticore. And it would have the nice rooting bonus.

The B.Net link TheDestructor posted above included a lot of nice legendaries which would be awesome if they had item level 63 stats. So if the devs make this item level change the way I think (and hope), it clearly proves that they "get it" and know what they're doing. Although I'd certainly prefer them to make these changes a bit faster.