Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: HC is killing me

Well, I'm back to 60. I've got 70k life, 4.5k armor, and 500 AR un-buffed this time around. Relying on Life Regen completely right now since I have virtually no LoH. Only 14k DPS as well :(. Hope I can craft some gear that'll help with that.

I'm also not going to play anything outside of Act 1 solo anymore. Thankfully I've got some people from here to play AH-free with. It's actually an awesome way to unload all the crap I've been holding onto.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Malentros-1414

Quote Originally Posted by slyraje View Post
    Well, I'm back to 60. I've got 70k life, 4.5k armor, and 500 AR un-buffed this time around. Relying on Life Regen completely right now since I have virtually no LoH. Only 14k DPS as well :(. Hope I can craft some gear that'll help with that.

I'm also not going to play anything outside of Act 1 solo anymore. Thankfully I've got some people from here to play AH-free with. It's actually an awesome way to unload all the crap I've been holding onto.
    I've played one char AH-free MP10 with a friend and it was one of the most fun experiences I've had in D3. Best of luck!

I've survived a couple of lag spikes now that I wouldn't have survived with my previous monk. Guess I'm finally on board with the HC way, though it's still really hard to resist dps and magic find. I guess playing it safe and getting my PL up is the best way to do it. Delayed gratification.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Stay save, stay alife :-)

Until Blizzard finds a way to reduce the time you stay in the game on disconnect this is the way to go imo.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Malentros-1414

Quote Originally Posted by Grishok View Post
    Stay save, stay alife :-)

Until Blizzard finds a way to reduce the time you stay in the game on disconnect this is the way to go imo.
    Pause on d/c (when playing solo only of course) has got to be the most requested hardcore feature in D3. There were questions about the feasibility of its techncial implementation but once SC2 added the feature we know they can do it (or at least could do it with some rework of their bnet code). There's no question about exploitation, which was always the concern with other solutions to disconnects: if you force a d/c in a bad situation, you'll return to the game paused in the exact same bad situation. Nothing will change.

The real problem is HC is like 5% of the SC populace. If implementing the change requires a lot of development time, Blizzard may have a hard time justifying the resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Malentros View Post
    Pause on d/c (when playing solo only of course) has got to be the most requested hardcore feature in D3. There were questions about the feasibility of its techncial implementation but once SC2 added the feature we know they can do it (or at least could do it with some rework of their bnet code). There's no question about exploitation, which was always the concern with other solutions to disconnects: if you force a d/c in a bad situation, you'll return to the game paused in the exact same bad situation. Nothing will change.

The real problem is HC is like 5% of the SC populace. If implementing the change requires a lot of development time, Blizzard may have a hard time justifying the resources.
    If they're not going to support a game mode, why'd they implement it in the first place? This problem was created by their choice to go online only, and I think it's completely reasonable to expect a solution. I wouldn't think they'd be happy knowing disconnects are a far greater challenge than any boss in the game.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Malentros-1414

Quote Originally Posted by slyraje View Post
    If they're not going to support a game mode, why'd they implement it in the first place? This problem was created by their choice to go online only, and I think it's completely reasonable to expect a solution. I wouldn't think they'd be happy knowing disconnects are a far greater challenge than any boss in the game.
    I don't know if "online only" is the issue here, as if you wanted to play HC offline so all your deaths would be legit, you could just make an SC character, play no-AH and solo only, and delete you char after a legit death. Its functionally the same thing.

I do agree though that d/cs are a bigger challenge than anything else in HC. However Blizzard has yet to even state their intention of investigating solutions to the problem, let alone look into it. The disclaimer kind of covers them well on this issue. We go into HC knowing the risks, and the risks haven't changed in 15 years of Diablo HC.

I might make a post in the official HC forums about it (a new one, since its been done before) and see if it can get some traction. Might be good to try it again now since the devs seem to be paying attention.