Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HC is killing me

I can't go back to doing anything in this game except AH free HC mode. Death hurts soooo much more, though. I found my first echoing fury in 500+ hours of gameplay, and lost it within a week.

Game crashes, disconnects, and lag spikes are responsible for all but one of my last 8 deaths. I lost my cool this morning when I was killed by the game locking up. Usually I let out one loud f-bomb, and carry on. I don't know how long I can keep this up before I rage and smash my keyboard into a fine powder. Halp.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Re: HC is killing me

Only one thing helps: build for disconnects! Mitigation + regen are key, some skills help also.

D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator

Play with a friend. that can save you.
    buff your enchantress or whatever follower you are using, as best you can,
    High armor.
    high resistances
    and of course life regen. If you are a barb, inspiring presense adds a ton of life regen.

life steal and life on hit are worthless in this instance.

Are you on Europe or americas?

one problem I have found is if you are out gearing your content enough to possibley save yourself from a dissconnect, you might find the game less than challenging. kind of a catch 22.

Also level an alternate hero that you can play if the servers are iffy. Last night there was a message there there was some issue with battlenet as a whole and not taking any chances, I started leveling an alternate hero so if battle net did screw me again I would lose less.

My last 3 heros have been done in by dissconnects. It is frustrating.

When I got killed yesterday, I was cancelling the cut scene leading into Azmodan. I was trying a run from Cydea to Rakanoth. Found one legendary along the way (Un-IDed Lamentation or Ageless Might), and had encountered very little resistance. Ah, well. I was using the Templar for the heals + health regen + stun + taunt. He doesn't offer much in the way of disposing of the enemy, though. I also had MoH for more life regen, and Earth Ally to taunt.

I suppose where I went wrong was focusing too much on Dex and not enough Vit. I only had 33k HP, which is plenty for mp0 farming, but not disconnects. Also was dual wielding instead of using a shield. Ruby in helm instead of Amethyst.

I'll have to start playing with multiplayer games, I guess. Funny thing is, I always do from 1-60, but once I hit 60 I go single player for some reason. Doing it backwards... I'm on the US servers: slyraje#1403

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Malentros-1414

Quote Originally Posted by slyraje View Post
    When I got killed yesterday, I was cancelling the cut scene leading into Azmodan. I was trying a run from Cydea to Rakanoth. Found one legendary along the way (Un-IDed Lamentation or Ageless Might), and had encountered very little resistance. Ah, well. I was using the Templar for the heals + health regen + stun + taunt. He doesn't offer much in the way of disposing of the enemy, though. I also had MoH for more life regen, and Earth Ally to taunt.

I suppose where I went wrong was focusing too much on Dex and not enough Vit. I only had 33k HP, which is plenty for mp0 farming, but not disconnects. Also was dual wielding instead of using a shield. Ruby in helm instead of Amethyst.

I'll have to start playing with multiplayer games, I guess. Funny thing is, I always do from 1-60, but once I hit 60 I go single player for some reason. Doing it backwards... I'm on the US servers: slyraje#1403

I don't know about you, but I certaintly don't consider 33k hp sufficient for farming A3 MP0 safely, whatever you might say. In fact I run with minimum 40k hp on all classes On my main WD, I run with 500 LoH, 1600 regen, 48k HP (with ruby, >50k with amethyst), 4k armor, 750-800 AR, 57k dps, and I'm still not happy. Note: I have 5 level 60's all hardcore, have never lost one [knock on wood]. Have had a few disconnects too.

I agree with a previous poster, get regen, higher AR/armor, focus on defense first, killing speed second, and you'll find less frustration. You can always die to a bad d/c, but the overall probability of death is quite a bit less.

D3 Trade Moderator
    America, USEast (D2)
    Newcomer Moderator

I'm on the US servers: slyraje#1403
    You can add me if you want:
    spiffymcbang#1141
    I am just starting leveling an alternate toon and am at level 16. - barb.
    I do not play all that much, 1-3 hours a day but closer to to 1 maybe 1.5

So sometimes I am not moving all that fast time wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Malentros View Post
    I don't know about you, but I certaintly don't consider 33k hp sufficient for farming A3 MP0 safely, whatever you might say. In fact I run with minimum 40k hp on all classes On my main WD, I run with 500 LoH, 1600 regen, 48k HP (with ruby, >50k with amethyst), 4k armor, 750-800 AR, 57k dps, and I'm still not happy. Note: I have 5 level 60's all hardcore, have never lost one [knock on wood]. Have had a few disconnects too.

I agree with a previous poster, get regen, higher AR/armor, focus on defense first, killing speed second, and you'll find less frustration. You can always die to a bad d/c, but the overall probability of death is quite a bit less.
    Well I never had an issue outside of a disconnect/lag spike or game crash. I had 1.7k LoH, 4.8k armor, 725 AR (buffed), only 28k DPS, and I was carving through Act3 mp0 consistently without incident. My health rarely dropped below 50%. I could face tank Ghom and get Azmodan down to about 25% health before I had to avoid his pools. I prefer to have closer to 40k HP, but since my health was never dropping below 50%, I opted for equipment that gave me 3k more dps.

@spiffy
    Thanks, I'll add you. I finished Normal today with my monk, and I plan on getting back to inferno as quickly as possible. I have a DH I'm periodically going back to since I found a decent legendary bow and a RL bow with 650dps. I think he's level 26. I can level him at a similar pace to your backup barb, I'm sure.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Malentros-1414

Well I never had an issue outside of a disconnect/lag spike or game crash. I had 1.7k LoH, 4.8k armor, 725 AR (buffed), only 28k DPS, and I was carving through Act3 mp0 consistently without incident. My health rarely dropped below 50%. I could face tank Ghom and get Azmodan down to about 25% health before I had to avoid his pools. I prefer to have closer to 40k HP, but since my health was never dropping below 50%, I opted for equipment that gave me 3k more dps.

@spiffy
    Thanks, I'll add you. I finished Normal today with my monk, and I plan on getting back to inferno as quickly as possible. I have a DH I'm periodically going back to since I found a decent legendary bow and a RL bow with 650dps. I think he's level 26. I can level him at a similar pace to your backup barb, I'm sure.
    Well I'm sure you wouldn't have trouble with a barb and 1.7k LoH when actively engaging mobs. I guess the main point I'm making is that high EHP and regen (say 1.5k-2k regen which isn't hard to get with a barb with ~50k hp since you get 1k regen for 'free' with the passive) makes a huge difference between a d/c causing death and a d/c causing near death since regen still works when you d/c, and LoH doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Malentros View Post
    Well I'm sure you wouldn't have trouble with a barb and 1.7k LoH when actively engaging mobs. I guess the main point I'm making is that high EHP and regen (say 1.5k-2k regen which isn't hard to get with a barb with ~50k hp since you get 1k regen for 'free' with the passive) makes a huge difference between a d/c causing death and a d/c causing near death since regen still works when you d/c, and LoH doesn't.
    Yeah. I have a 60 barb, but I don't enjoy the class as much as the monk. I was using MoH - Time of Need for the life regen/AR boost, but I think getting some life steal and using Backlash might be more effective. I will likely have to go back to using the AH to pull it off, though.

BattleTag Hippotion-2165

Yep for my monk when I solo I use:
    - Backlash
    - Life steal weapon (backlash does not trigger LOH, you need some serious damage though to notice the life steal)
    - Life regen (hard to get without sacrificing everyhting else though!), currently at 1K but aiming for 1.5K.
    - And ofcourse all the mitigation and life I can get.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/H.../hero/10218909

Work in progress :-)