Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BattleTag What Me Worry?

Re: The terrible what are you listening to thread.

I'm not sure how you're defining terrible, but one of the temp kids brought his girlfriend into work, and she had never heard of any of the songs that played on my pandora. I can understand her not knowing the Bee Gees, if it's not "staying' alive", but tears for fears? Really? You've never heard "shout"?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1p...c#.UT8jajDIX3M

[dailymotion]UT8jajDIX3M[/dailymotion]

That is odd. But I suppose there's a young generation out there who has never heard of Tears for Fears, and only knows the BeeGees for Staying alive.
    I however do not know what a pandora is, though my guess is it's box-shaped.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    I'm not sure how you're defining terrible, but one of the temp kids brought his girlfriend into work, and she had never heard of any of the songs that played on my pandora. I can understand her not knowing the Bee Gees, if it's not "staying' alive", but tears for fears? Really? You've never heard "shout"?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1p...c#.UT8jajDIX3M

[dailymotion]UT8jajDIX3M[/dailymotion]

Sigh; Told yah-all.

Steve take your link above - unlink it - cut it, CTRL-X, and hit the video icon, icon pops window (turn pop-up blocker off if on) hit the tab for url and click the field that shows, CTRL-P to paste, hit submit/OK.
    Last edited by BobCox2; 13-03-2013 at 01:51.

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Reminds me of this though.

What you don't know The Beatles?

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

stevinator linkage strikes again

not knowing Tears For Fears is pretty weird to me too

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    not knowing Tears For Fears is pretty weird to me too
    Not LIKING it would be a completely different issue, but I've heard it as elevator muzak numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Not LIKING it would be a completely different issue, but I've heard it as elevator muzak numerous times.
    Exactly. I don't care if kids think my music is bad. Kids are wrong all the time. I'm just weirded out that they didn't even know what it was. Like She had never heard the tune before in her life.

I blame technology. It used to be there were like 5 channels of even remotely listenable music on the radio. when one went to commercial, you switched. but you still ended up hearing most of the popular stuff that was out at the time. Now everything is customizable, so you only get what you want. the problem is, how do you know what you want if you've only heard the same 2 justin beiber albums your whole life. How do you know you don't like the melodic squeakiness of awesome that was the bee gees if you've never heard them?

The millenials are trapped inside their own walls of awful. Too much customization leads to myopia. I know that most rap is bad because I've listened to it and gotten annoyed when there was a cool song and some guy talked through it. I KNOW that's annoying because i experienced it. This next gen, they don't know what they're missing because they can choose to only have what they want when they want it.

Oh and Vivi, Pandora is a streaming radio service that is free if you can handle ~3 commercials an hour. You choose a song or band that you like, and it builds a personalized radio station based on what other people who also chose those things liked. Pandora is actually part of the problem. if i put in say journey, then I'm going to get a lot of prog rock, and not much else.

Here's one all the guys in my family can agree on. My Dad LOVES hall and oates (actually had the 'stache when i was young, and such things were acceptable. My bro does this song everytime we do karakoke with his work peeps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anLfoy2XsFw

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar

it wasn't much better for me, I grew up on MTV mid 80s to early 90s which I still like, but then mid-late 90s popular music was so freaking horrible, stuff like Hanson and Spice Girls, or HEY EVERYBODY LATIN LATIN LETS HAVE A LATIN MUSIC EXPLOSION ugh **** you '90s, there were a few decent things, but the **** icing on top kind of spoils the cake

this is probably why I like music from such a wide variety of styles and eras

I did briefly like contemporary pop music again a couple years ago until the Biebering

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Like.... *SSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIGGGHHH* I know I should respect everyone of all ages but... REALLY? Damn you, young girl!!

I blame technology.
    [snip]

the problem is, how do you know what you want if you've only heard the same 2 justin beiber albums your whole life.
    I blame tech too, but tech has also helped me IMMENSELY in finding new music, esp. New Age, Electric, and, a new interest, Cafe del Mar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Housewares View Post
    it wasn't much better for me, I grew up on MTV mid 80s to early 90s which I still like, but then mid-late 90s popular music was so freaking horrible, stuff like Hanson and Spice Girls, or HEY EVERYBODY LATIN LATIN LETS HAVE A LATIN MUSIC EXPLOSION ugh **** you '90s, there were a few decent things, but the **** icing on top kind of spoils the cake

this is probably why I like music from such a wide variety of styles and eras

I did briefly like contemporary pop music again a couple years ago until the Biebering
    hahaha! The Biebering.

Aw. I love horrible 90s dance music. XD

I vaguely remember when MTV played music vids. i didn't have MTV growing up after my parents divorced. My cousins and friends got it so I would watch it when I was over at one of their houses. I miss Headbanger's Ball. That was another way I discovered new metal music. I haven't seen it in years. I doubt it comes on anymore. :/ But i also remember when MTV had Beavis and Butthead, Daria (never watched Daria), and that stupid TRL with Carson Daly. Daily? A lot of girls found him attractive. I did not. But then again, I was the weird one who thought boys with long hair and trench coats were hot.

I feel so lucky to have had a parent introduce me to a lot of music and movies from the 80s, some 70s. Ma introduced me to A LOT of movies and music ranging from 80s pop to 90s country to Top 100 mix stations. I remember my father being very much into classic rock... and then the next visit he was listening to rap. I THINK I know why, but I won't say. My step-father listens to nothing but classic rock and some modern rock and every damn Sunday morning he would put on blues. Ugh, that was terrible! It was a combination of blues and bluegrass and he would wake me and my sibs up and we hated it, lol! So, with all that exposure and my thirst for pop culture knowledge, I asked questions and did my own research.