Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Too weak for Hell, Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Yeah. I do all that, but it's no use in dungeons when creatures close in on you. Makes my sorceress weep in a corner but only for a second as then she dies of course.
    2 words: "strategic teleport"

And ofcourse, always keep your guard up, kill creatures before they get too close and use your mercenary as bait.

I've before tried to teleport through walls. This either landed me into another fight or just brickwork.
    My guard is up.
    Point 2 is a bit of an issue. I can't kill them quickly enough, they're just not complying.
    My merc is pathetic, runs off at the first sign of danger. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    I've before tried to teleport through walls. This either landed me into another fight or just brickwork.
    My guard is up.
    Point 2 is a bit of an issue. I can't kill them quickly enough, they're just not complying.
    My merc is pathetic, runs off at the first sign of danger. Great.
    I use FrozenOrb attack, which slows down all non cold imuuns, secondary attack chain lightning to finish off cold imuun mobs that are all over my merc ^^
    The basic Hell strategy is simply, teleport, cast attack and quick walk in the opposite direction so your merc "blocks" their path to you by taunt.
    If your merc is taking toomuch damage, teleport a step back and repeat the process from thereon while healing your merc.
    Normal and Nightmare barely do any damage and have virtually no cold imuuns, so Frozen Orb usually finishes off anything before it gets near me.

I don't know of anyone playing like I do, and most people wouldn't like/approve/use easier/better way, but I get along just fine, so I stick with it.

I usually do the same, but use Meteor instead of Ch.Lightning. Or maybe even Fireball.

Peace

IncGamers Member

I think you should rely more on your merc.
    What's the base of his insight? And what about its armor and helm?

IncGamers Member

grind nightmare for tradeables (perfect gems, skulls, etc)
    - NM countes givs u runes u can trade, like spirit packs. Besides nm andy can drop a SoJ if ur lucky

read item guides specific for your build
    trade your grindings for the items listed in those builds

IMO this game is pretty complexed when it comes down to the "game rules". You cant really boil it down to an easy explanation.
    If you want to become stronger, you need the gear that makes you reach the breakpoints and stats that makes your build effective.
    I wont try to explain how it works since other members know far far more about this game than i do.

Finding a good guide and following it has worked very well for me. Trading has been the key to getting geared for finishing hell and running ubers.

In the end, it's also very important never to lose sight of your primary objective: you have to have fun playing the game.

If all this talk about trading/breakpoints/etc is getting toomuch, just pick one, ignore the rest for now, and enjoy the challenge of completing the game yourself.

Best overall advice would still be Archone's first reply, farm nightmare for a few more levels until you find some more suitable gear (possibly switching certain items for others with more magic find), my best advice on top of that would be to try and find a balance between protecting yourself (resistances/defense/life) but still have sufficient kill power/speed (weapon/skill allocations)

IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice. I am slowly getting there.