Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
  1. #21
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,827

    Re: Pop quiz, hotshot! Civil Liberties.

    Quote Originally Posted by krischan View Post
    123.4%!!

    I applied a secret balancing factor for not being a US American
    76.6... is not bad kris

    but you overbalanced.

    with the % sign.

    Meh

    This is a obvious example of the problem of enforcing the seperation of Church and State.
    The State has started ruling on if yours are a Church of not?

    Pastafarians Face Religious Discrimination in New Jersey

    yet the Catholics have a proven tradition of child molestation and they are a protected church.?
    Last edited by BobCox2; 01-03-2013 at 05:07.

  2. #22
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,937

    Re: Pop quiz, hotshot! Civil Liberties.

    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    yet the Catholics have a proven tradition of child molestation and they are a protected church.?
    So do American public school teachers, football coaches, and media/Hollywood personalities - in far greater numbers per capita. What's your point?

    (starts around 0:25)


  3. #23
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,827

    Re: Pop quiz, hotshot! Civil Liberties.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    So do American public school teachers, football coaches, and media/Hollywood personalities - in far greater numbers per capita. What's your point?
    Have you Felt His Noodly Appendage YET?



    You need to be touched.


  4. #24
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: Pop quiz, hotshot! Civil Liberties.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Results
    Results

    • You answered 30 out of 33 correctly — 90.91 %
      If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email americancivicliteracy@isi.org.
      You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.


    Incorrect Answers


    • Question:What was the source of the following phrase: “Government of the people, by the people, for the people”?Your Answer: the speech “I Have a Dream”Correct Answer: Gettysburg Address
    • Question:If taxes equal government spending, then:Your Answer: government debt is zeroCorrect Answer: tax per person equals government spending per person on average
    • Question:What was the main issue in the debates between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas in 1858?Your Answer: Do Southern states have the constitutional right to leave the union?Correct Answer: Would slavery be allowed to expand to new territories?

    I changed my answer on the lincoln one, and knew something was up in the for the people one. The taxes one was just woreded badly.

    Actually, there were several worded badly ones--I hate when you take a test and you have to try to figure out what the person writing it was thinking. Anyway, I'm not sure i'm buying that the average scores were so low. i think if there was something on the line, and people had incentive to re-read the questions, instead of give up when it doesn't make sense on first read, they'd do better.

  5. #25
    IncGamers Member Glurin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    965

    Re: Pop quiz, hotshot! Civil Liberties.

    Funny, I thought all the questions were pretty straight forward. I missed the one about profits because I started over thinking it and the one about separation of church and state because I couldn't remember which of two particular answers was the correct one. (I knew where it wasn't, just not where it was. )

  6. #26
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: Pop quiz, hotshot! Civil Liberties.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurin View Post
    Funny, I thought all the questions were pretty straight forward. I missed the one about profits because I started over thinking it and the one about separation of church and state because I couldn't remember which of two particular answers was the correct one. (I knew where it wasn't, just not where it was. )
    A failing of mutiple choice tests, they don't award partial credit for kinda knowing.


    I'm not surprised that most of us here destroyed the national average. I mean, all we talk about is politics and boobs.

  7. #27
    IncGamers Member Glurin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    965

    Re: Pop quiz, hotshot! Civil Liberties.

    And sometimes we talk about the politics of boobs.

    Er, wait, maybe it's the boobs of politics?

  8. #28
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: Pop quiz, hotshot! Civil Liberties.

    mostly the boobs of politics.

  9. #29
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,937

    Re: Pop quiz, hotshot! Civil Liberties.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    mostly the boobs of politics.
    Well, we could talk LOTS about more bewbs but we don't want to offend Leo, Vivi, and anyone else pretending to be female.

  10. #30
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: Pop quiz, hotshot! Civil Liberties.

    Yes because everyone knows that there are no real women on the intarwebs. One day though Merv, one day, they'll invent a computer that goes in the kitchen and the Communists will have won. :P

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •