Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Site Pal
    & Diablo 3 Beta Tester

Re: Diablo 3's Salvation: A Guide by Gosu

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTheFluffer View Post
    The hilarious thing is nothing in those thousands of words mentioned the flat atmosphere, predictable/linear random dungeon generation, or intrusive/laughable story.
    I didn't mention those things because I don't think that alterations to the existing game can or would have as large an impact on the overall "enjoyability" as the things that I covered in detail. That's not to say that I think they wouldn't make the game a lot better, I definitely think those are some fairly problematic areas of Diablo 3. I'm just saying that I don't expect Blizzard to introduce the kind of content that could significantly improve some of those areas, at least not in the form of a patch.

Hopefully the expansion will address those issues. I just don't see it happening until then : /

IncGamers Site Pal
    & Diablo 3 Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    On your whole guide, I think it's too long for its own good. Not that some parts should be deleted, but that it needs to be in separate thematic posts. Currently there's no way to focus conversation on any one part since it covers dozens of good topics. Probably you did it all in one to combat the spammy nature of the B.net forums, but that's not necessary on a fansite where the cream rises to the top and we can sticky things really worth viewing. I'd suggest breaking it up into 5 or 6 different posts -- items, skills, multiplayer, etc. As it is I fear the potential for conversation and debate about anything in it is hurt by the sheer size of it.
    This is something I actually gave a LOT of thought. I've tried so many times in the past to go over one or two specific areas in the game only to realize that many of them are so interconnected and influential of each other that separating them seemed to do more harm than good. This also resulted in some of the threads quickly losing popularity due to the fact that some people care about certain aspects of the game more than other aspects. I was hoping that compiling everything would result in at least some people reading sections that they might not have cared about as much before.

I suppose on a fan site the post would serve better as multiple parts, but I felt that it served a better purpose as one, giant, consolidated mass of text on the official forums. I wanted everyone to read as much as possible on each section in order to better understand the post as a "whole". I also didn't want to have to keep track of several different threads when attempting to provide responses or further explanation.

Conversation of particular topics will definitely suffer as a result, but I think the overall support might have suffered had I broken it up into multiple threads(at least on the official forums). It seems the thread has reached maximum number of posts now so hopefully they'll increase the limit so we can continue to get it out there and have people discuss it.

I read the whole thing, though my eyes started to glaze over towards the end. That said, thanks for writing this, I think a lot of your input was very constructive and hope devs at Blizz give your input some serious consideration.

A small criticism, I might be able to take your essay more seriously if there were less random 'lol's inserted in. The content was very serious, and handled in a serious manner, and then occasionally there would be a random 'lol' when you found a particular D3 feature funny/frustrating/whatever. They made your points seem less... sophisticated.

IncGamers Member

I just made an account to incgamers just to say what an amazing post this was, I still can't believe someone wrote it lol! And I guess many of us have to thank you for doing this and trying. I just realized how meaningless the D3 forums have become to me where people keep trying to suggest ideas and features to be added to the game, and they're really just being ignored imo.

But you, are a hero ^_^ and you did not just talk about some character class or a specific game problem, but just about everything that is really wrong in this game, now that I know Blizz has seen this post it somehow makes me feel A LOT Less rampant.

Thank You.