Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Dclaw good enough for ubers?

I'm wondering if dclaw equipped properly using death sentry has the same killing power as a k/t sin using lightning traps. Considering maxed venom, how does dclaw stand against a stormlash k/t sin? I know crushing blow loses it's effectiveness in higher player counts and dclaw doesn't really need ar because it's baked in... What do you guys think?

IncGamers Member

Re: Dclaw good enough for ubers?

Not remotely in the same league..

That said, I don't know much about ubers.

IncGamers Member

Care to elaborate? Is it less dmg because of a lack of CB? What kind of dps can a 20 dclaw/mastery/venom 10 frame sin expect with something like 2x chaos? Would all that +magic/physical/venom be able to compete with CB? CB doesn't scale, so really, what is it's worth in higher player games? Considering that a sin can just wear drac's gloves, resists being maxed, death isnt a factor under lifetap so.... how slow could this build be?

Hey maxicek, clear your inbox buddy, ppl are trying to msg you!

IncGamers Member

Well it depends upon whether you want to do normal pvm or ubers
    Ubers - crushing blow is the most important thing
    normal pvm - CB is not that important.

In normal pvm there isn't any reason to use Dclaw in the first place if you already have chaos anyway. Use whirlwind. WW is far superior.
    I like 1 point dclaw as a left click attack for wwsins ( against manaburners, for eg. ), and for releasing charges of phoenix strike. Beyond that it has little uses except as a novelty.

I really don't know if it would be suitable for ubers or not, but I've definitely not heard of it.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

CB is king for any high life target like ubers. CB may not scale, but neither does regular damage.

Another thing to note, CB may not scale, but I don't know why you would be doing ubers with more than 1 maybe 2 characters in the game. The ubers have such huge life and resistances though that even though CB doesn't scale it still takes out large chunks at a time in comparison to normal damage dealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

BattleTag maxicek-2583

I have never fought the Ubers, but I think you will struggle with DC. Whilst you can theoretically hit at up to 5FPA, it is an interruptible attack, so you are likely to have trouble getting your attacks off.

"Best" setup of Dragon Claw < Stormlash + Dragon Talon.