Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Re: Tournament: Envious of the Green and Gold

I couldn't resist joining again. I've given it a lot of thought and the build I've come up with is a Fire/Summoner Druid. The first time I actually will play one through the game as I've only played a friends PvP Windy back on BNet, so this should be fun.

Finds:
    Spoiler

Deathwing the Fire/Summoner and Waheed, Level 20.9, S/U Equipped 1, Lut Gholein Sewers next

@jiansonz: TWO characters simultaneously in the same tournament? And I thought I had too many chars at the same time.

Act 1 done. Only tight situation was when I tanked a pack of ghosts and decided it wasn't a great idea after they started whacking me. Quick rejuvs got me out of that one but I'm yet to reach for Terror as the curse of choice in these situations ...

Only 2 S/Us in all. Stoutnail and Arctic Binding. Oh well, at least I get an act2 merc who can use a polearm. Found some nice charms (7% lightning SC, 14% fire GC, 7% fire SC) Andy' dropped a Topaz, which isn't that bad considering I didn't find a single Gem shrine in the entire act.

Welcome again Jiansonz and awesome progress so far!

Sorry guys, been a bit tied up with RL, hopefully get some play time into Yates this weekend, hopefully can complete Act 2, or most of it! Will post an update at the conclusion of Act 2 (if i make it there hehe).

I also have two characters going, primarily because I wanted to experience the tournament as both caster and melee.

BattleTag Grisu-2156

Made it midway through Act V Normal, but now Heroes of Might and Magic VI got in my way - it's better compatible with my workload and with keeping an eye on the little one

But I will continue and guardian my Assassin or die trying (literally...)!

IncGamers Member

GreenGoldieII has successfully defeated Baal and become a Destroyer. Act 5 was mostly a breeze, had to deal with the teleporting fire spitting monsters too often though, good thing Holy Shock just zapped them without me having to hit them. Baal and ancients were both done on /P7 and just required the LMB to be held down while zeal chipped away at their lives.

Act 5 yielded quite a few finds, including a good weapon for the merc - Woestave! Also found an Iceblink and a Darkglow. I alternated armours with the Merc in areas of heavy elemental damage (e.g Wave 3 and 4), where he took Darkglow to help him survive (my fire resist was at 90 and lightning was at 79, so I was more than safe). Also found Clegaw's Sword, which has been put on switch with Clegaw's shield. The extra range compared to the Diggler made zealing much more effective. Still no headgear or amulet for GreenGoldieII unfortunately.

I really disliked how big the Halls of Anguish/Pain/Vaught were, took forever to fight through! Next up would be the Cow King and his bovines, and then on through to NM! Also contemplating which Merc to switch to - blessed aim for the AR issues that will become more apparent, or stick with the Prayer Merc and switch to a might merc if/when I make it to Act II NM.

Destroyer GreenGoldieII the Teslafroster and Azrael the Prayer Merc, Level 47, 11 S/U items equipped, Cow Level next.

IncGamers Member

Cow King has been cleared. No eventful finds apart from Bladebone (unique double axe). Cows seemed quite easy in comparison to monsters in late Act V and dropped like flies. Was also good that GreenGoldieII wore Iceblink, since between that and the Merc's Woestave, almost every cow was frozen!

Thinking of gear improvements before I start NM and what to use the socket quest on. I've considered upping the Steelclash for a higher block % and then putting in a p. Topaz for the lightning resists. Alternatively, I could put that topaz in my iceblink instead. Think I might also upgrade the Woestave for the merc when I can. Any suggestions here?

Current gear:
    Skull cap with 2x chipped topazes (I've been lazy and haven't upgraded the helm, maybe I will use this to add more resists with jewels)
    No amulet
    Clegaw's Claw
    Clegaw's Tooth
    Iceblink
    Chance Guards 30%MF
    Death's Guard
    Hotspur
    Manald Heal
    Cathan's Seal

Switch:
    The Diggler
    Steelclash

Merc:
    Isenhart's Horns
    Woestave
    Dark Glow
    Resists are at 90/69/69/31 on main and 90/75 (84 actual)/69/31 on switch.

Hagar has crossed the desert. He is level 25. The palace is next.

Poison Explosion (8 points, with 4 points in poison dagger synergy) is very effective at this stage but has a very short range (same as Corpse Explosion level 1?) As a monster's life ball dips slowly, Ilzan often gets a hit in, killing the monster for more effective MF. It's also cheaper than CE for corpse clearing.

Found Dimoak's Hew (unique Bardiche) early in the act. Ilzan having a weapon definitely helped me progress smoothly.

The only messy situation was in Fangskin's lair (surprise ) I went to the right of the room (from the character's viewpoint; left of screen as seen by player) to gain some space. Gumby dutifully followed and tanked the four snakes that were there. Ilzan, though, spotted a couple of snakes on the pedestal, went straight to them, stopped because he couldn't reach them with his polearm and just stood there. This was of course an invitation for Fangy and his pals to charge in, with me caught in between Fangy's pack (with Ilzan in between) and the snakes on the other side (with the Golem between us) Not being able to break through, I put up a portal and waited, decrepifying all the snakes. Thankfully, both tanks held up, and Ilzan managed to kill Fangy's pack with CE/PE support. Hell is a lot less tolerant of such tomfoolery ... no wonder these guys are called morons.

Hagar's MF: 74
    Ilzan's MF: 18

Good S/U haul so far in act 2:
    Dimoak's Hew (Ilzan)
    Berserker's Headgear (Ilzan)
    18% MF Nagelring (Hagar)
    Crushflange (Hagar, primary weapon) <- it's good to use crushing blow on boss packs, just for fun. AR is decent at the moment.
    Angelic Sickle (Hagar, switch) <- Hoping to find amulet + ring

Would you believe it, Flame the Blaze Sorc died in the jungle! LE Gloam boss vs. crappy lightning resist (17, I think). A problem with big Blaze fire mats is that it is often hard to see LE bolts. I'd have thought 316 life would be enough...I got some warnings with rapidly dropping life, drank big reds but that was not enough.

At the time of death, she was wearing Civerb's Icon & Ward, The Gnasher, Bloodfist, Arctic Binding, with Crushflange and Cleglaw's Claw on switch. My Lightning mage merc had Isenhart's Horns, Angelic Sickle and Cathan's Mesh.

Flame the Blaze/Lightning Sorc, 10 S/U items, level 29, Great Marsh, R.I.P.

I decided to join, with Vlad the barbarian.

Found two gem shrines, one in Blood Moor, and another in the Stony Field. But even with two flawed topazes, my S/U count isn't that impressive. Three shields dropped was all that dropped, Pelta Lunata, Cleglaw's Claw and Hsarus' Iron Fist. (I assumed I was allowed to let my merc's shield slot be empty, and let her keep the bow? My damage wasn't exactly impressive compared to hers...)

Andariel took some time, but fell at last. No S/U from her, but some failed set items...

Vlad, level 20, 2 S/U equipped, Lut Gholein